TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slickster

11 People Traded!!

WWE.com has learned that RAW General Manager Eric Bischoff and SmackDown! General Manager Theodore Long have agreed on a blockbuster 11-person deal that will likely have a big impact on both rosters.

RAW brand gets:

* Mark Jindrak: Former WCW Tag Team Champion

* Rene Dupree: Former WWE Tag Team Champion; former World Tag Team Champion

* Danny Basham: Two-time former WWE Tag Team Champion

* Kenzo Suzuki (with Hiroko): Former WWE Tag Team Champion

* Chavo Guerrero: Five-time former Cruiserweight Champion; two-time former WWE Tag Team Champion

SmackDown! brand gets:

* William Regal: Four-time former WCW Television Champion; three-time former Hardcore Champion; four-time former European Champion; former Intercontinental Champion; four-time former World Tag Team Champion

* Candice: 2004 RAW Diva Search contestant

* Sylvain Grenier: Four-time former World Tag Team Champion

* Simon Dean: Former RAW sponsor

* Steven Richards: Former two-time ECW Tag Team Champion; former 21-time Hardcore Champion

Watch RAW on Monday (9/8CT; Spike TV) for more on this trade.

-So SD! gets two-thirds of the bWo....hmm.

-Also good to see the Bashams able to strike out on their own.

-Mark Jindrak becomes the first man drafted to one show and traded back again.

I hope Doug Basham and Rob Conway get a good singles push.

Unless the doubtful situation occurs where WWE remembers Kenzo and Dupree were not only a tag team but tag team champions (something that seemed to be forgotten a week after they lost the titles), I assume Conway/Dupree will re-team as the good version (relatively speaking) of La Rez.

So who becomes Heidenreich's partner? Maybe they'll just use McCool.

Guest *KNK*

were there any meaning to these trades? I can't see one significant one save for the Chavo Guerrero one because that's just a fucked up move right there but it might be a opportunity to see if he can work beyond.

However he works the WWE style anyways; putting him out of the CW likely wouldn't affect him but the stigma of being a cruiserweight not named rey will.

were there any meaning to these trades?

Well, maybe I'm being crazy for think of this, but look:

Stevie and Simon, 2/3rds of the bWo, are now on Smackdown...near JBL.

WWE.com has mentioned the Meanie/JBL problems.

Could this lead to...well...*points at signature*

Maybe Regal could use his special people mentoring skills to help out Teddy Long...

The man books a match for a title without realizing he may not need to (and it turns out he didn't), he willingly accepts Sylvain Grenier to be on his show, he trades 6 people for 5, and one of the 5 he got was a chick that doesn't even wrestle (yet he gave up 5 wrestlers).

However, it could be assumed, though it's not true, that Hiroko was traded for Daivair. It balances out things to kinda make sense so I'll just go with that.

Guest news_gimmick

Ugh. The only trade with any real significance will be Regal, he needs a fresh start and return to being heel. Completely underwhelming.

were there any meaning to these trades? I can't see one significant one save for the Chavo Guerrero one because that's just a fucked up move right there but it might be a opportunity to see if he can work beyond.

However he works the WWE style anyways; putting him out of the CW likely wouldn't affect him but the stigma of being a cruiserweight not named rey will.

Thank you for agreeing with me Choken.

And RAW had 2/3rds of the bWo before the trade.

Your point?

But before, they weren't near JBL.

The JBL factor is there now. They may (OK, it is doubtful, but still) use the real life controversy with JBL to build a bWo/JBL feud.

RAW General Manager Eric Bischoff and SmackDown! General Manager Theodore Long have agreed on a blockbuster 11-person deal that will likely have a big impact on both rosters.

Blockbuster....right...check.

Why not regroup La Resistance? Switching Dupree and Grenier is dumb. But I guess with the releases coming up, they needed some swapping around

And RAW had 2/3rds of the bWo before the trade.

Your point?

I think the point is that they were traded to SD, where JBL is. Not that I think anything will come from it (though I wish there would), I'm just saying.

That Dean/Maven deal sure lasted.

I wouldn't mind seeing Chavo/Shelton now.

Guest Fook

Conway just can't get away from the Frenchmen can he? This would've been a great time to split him from Grenier and push him as a singles, but with Dupree headed back to Raw, I don't see it happening.

Aren't Regal and Tajiri the tag champs? This'll cause some problems, or at least it would if Raw had any tag division to begin with.

Speaking of which, why send Dean to SD but keep Maven on Raw? They aren't the best team, but they're one of the only ones.

Ditto for the Bashams.

In the end though, it's just a bunch of jobbers switching shows for no adequately explained reason.

The trades aren't exactly, bad persay, they just..don't really matter. They don't stick out, yet there seems to be nothing overly horrible.

The only thing I can't seem to understand, is WHY would these people traded. There's no reason behind these trades..other then to shake the roster up some. Heat and Velocity rosters at that. Moreso on the SD side.

I mean, why would Teddy want the likes of Sylvan or Simon Dean? And Simon Dean, at a point at least being a RAW sponsor..why would eric want to trade that away? Some of them make sense..like Regal, and Jindrak, but then the others don't.

Guest *KNK*

There is no reason they shouldn't have sent Tajiri to smackdown considering they sent chavo over to raw.

It could have been kayfabed that Long wanted a CW in exchange for the lost of Chavo.

I don't see how any of these trades directly would work with each other.

Meaning why did Eric want just one Basham? why not take both and offer an extra wrestler?

William Regal was the only logical trade since it could be implied he was doing it to get back at Regal for siding with Eugene last summer but that whole plot point vanished a long time ago.

speaking of Eugene, Eric hated his nephew and didn't want responsibility for him. This was the golden opportunity kayfabe wise for Eric to rid himself of his nephew.

Conway should have been sent over and allowed for Dupree/Grenier to team as Le Rez.

and this means another year of waiting for Haas/Benjamin.

Simon Dean: Former RAW sponsor

LOL

So lets see:

RAW

Jindrak - dont care

Rene Dupree: La Resistance is now Dupree and Conway! Whatever..

Danny Basham: Well..uh..I will be pained to see both of them wrestle singles matches..

Kenzo Suzuki (with Hiroko): Tajiri and Kenzo for Tag Team Champs!

Chavo Guerrero: WTF? Makes no sense at all.

SmackDown!

William Regal: Eugene won't have his mentor anymore..

Candice: Dont care..

Sylvain Grenier: he'll fade into oblivion like Dupree/Suzuki did shortly.

Simon Dean: umm..now he's Smackdown's sponsor?

Steven Richards: uh....

RAW got the better end of the deal.

None of the people SD got will deserve to be on SD.

This was like the B-Team draft.