TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Smackdown VS Raw 2006

Guest Real F'n Show

Apparently a "Holy Shhhh" chant is in as well. Cool.

Double stomp? Fuck yeah.

Guest Rrrsh

I am really looking foward to a mix between my favorite WWE wrestlers and CAW in a GM Mode.

Loads of the top rope moves have 'Near' versions where you only jump a very short distance. With the elbow drop he kinda just steps off the buckle and lands it

Very nice addition. A feature that will please everyone.

-Samoa Joe's Muscle Buster

DAMN.

Guest Tuxedo Mask

Is the GameFAQs source reliable or is it possible it is an agent of the Dark Kingdom exciting everyone in an attempt to raise our energy levels, then steal it all away?

I'm only hours away from having the game in my hands as it's released in the UK tomorrow. Can't wait to play it, it's always great playing that first match, choosing who you're going to play as first. It's like 3am if i want to actually get it tomorrow morning like I've planned I should probably get some sleep.

Guest clockworkraven

Nothin' like buying your games at Woolworths.

That entrance creation looks pretty sweet, and so does the CAW.

New Double Team: Tag at the corner. Double elbow to take the oponent down and then one guy give the other a boost to do a standing moonsault onto him.

Sweet.

Guest adamsummers

i can't freaking wait for this game! got my reserved... hopefully getting it monday.

SLINGSHOT SUPLEX~!

Oh shit, that's sealed the deal. That list of new moves sounds pretty promising. The whole stamina system still sounds a little too restricting though, so I'm going to hope it's available on rental today and try it out. But, still...SLINGSHOT SUPLEX~!

Is there any possibility that the WM IX arena will have the diagonal aisle? I'm going to guess no. Also, the set looks like there's way too much space, but I suppose that's because of the same reason's we've never gotten a true MSG arena like Survivor Series 02... specific entrances for wrestlers. While stuff like that is disappointing, the atmosphere of outside will still be awesome.

GM Mode looks fucking awesome, I can't wait to bury Triple H and I'll let someone like Hassan or Masters be the champ for very long :P

Also those CAW Samples sometimes look like wrestlers that are gone. Dawn Marie, Daniel Puder, Josh Matthews (weird), Luther Reigns.

Wait a minute, is the release date for Europe november 11th? That's today, wtf. I just pre-ordered it...does this mean I might have the game TOMORROW? :huh:

I'm almost certain the big difference between EWR and GM Mode is you can't pick the winner in GM Mode, just assign champs. That's my understanding, anyway... would make it hard to bury people if that was the case.

Guest Monty Burns
I'm almost certain the big difference between EWR and GM Mode is you can't pick the winner in GM Mode, just assign champs. That's my understanding, anyway... would make it hard to bury people if that was the case.

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

First 'review', ladies and gentlemen.

I, personally, think it's decent. Nothing blow-away, but I like it more than last years. The stamina system isn't to intrusive and I think, although I haven't tested yet, it's possible to turn it off in the Options Menu. The irish whip system may take some adjusting to, it did for me.

Looks wonderful graphically.

There are a couple of glitches I've noticed. Sometimes on some irish whip situations, the person being whipped sorta 'skates' across the floor instead of running. Also, when an opponent runs at you and you press Triangle and Square to drop down, they leap over you but then suddenly run the wrong way. Nothing big, but a little annoying nonetheless.

Move-wise, having browsed the movelists, a lot of moves have been re-animated and most positively so. There's a lot of new ones, the Austin Aries elbow is indeed there, there's a Dragon Whip from grapple, Eddie senton from grapple, TWO Polish Hammer strikes, Regal's knee as a strike and a Basham Leg Lariat strike.

Create an entrance is marvelous. It's possible to edit at four points in an entrance. So if you don't like how HBK walks down the aisle, you can make him walk like Edge if you want. And you can change the camera angles. 16 times in all, I think.

Season Mode is indeed rather linear. But in terms of presentation, it's actually quite entertaining. I've played through with Shelton and it's pretty decent. Not a whole lot of replayability from what I've seen so far, but it's enjoyable enough first time around. And yes, there are quite a few characters who you can't use.

Dipped into GM Mode, looks okay.

There's over the top rope battle royals in. Trouble is, they and The Rumbles aren't very good, because the computer NEVER breaks up elimination attempts and it's so much easier to eliminate people as a result. Rumbles fly by a little too fast.

Cage Matches are much improved. Ladder Matches not so much. The game benefits from being a little 'slower' though. And there's more interaction with elements in the Parking Lot/Barroom Brawls.

A lot of ShopZone stuff you have to unlock through Challenge and Season Mode before you can buy...and a lot of it is pretty meaningless. You get to customise your Locker Room with merchandise and stuff. Nice enough seeing but not neccessarily needed. And I haven't hunted for alternate attires, but the only two available to BUY are Cena and Carlito.

All in all, I like it, but it's certainly not flawless. 7/10 from what I've played, although it's more 6.5/10, I just don't wanna get to tekical on ya'll. :P

Trouble is, they and The Rumbles aren't very good, because the computer NEVER breaks up elimination attempts

Double post~! Infact, it's even worse than that, because they ALWAYS help eliminate the guy on the ropes.

That running glitch really annoys me too.

Added to the fact I have no idea how to play the sleeperhold mini game and end up losing because of that.

Guest Tuxedo Mask

I was reading that you may not use the Divas in a lot of match types. Is this due to the fact that using Divas were an easy way for an individual lacking the character of a true sportsman to best a challenge? What type of challenges are there this year (names like "Superstar Challenge" and "Tough Enough challenge" are not nearly descriptive enough).

I was reading that you may not use the Divas in a lot of match types. Is this due to the fact that using Divas were an easy way for an individual lacking the character of a true sportsman to best a challenge? What type of challenges are there this year (names like "Superstar Challenge" and "Tough Enough challenge" are not nearly descriptive enough).

I'll list them in a moment, as I'm there.

Amateur Challenges:

1) Reverse 10 Strikes

2) Reverse 10 Graples

3) Double Team Challenge (3 Double Teams)

4) Perform 3 Finishers

5) Steal Taunt

6) Steal Finisher

7) Dive Attack Challenge (Do 5 Dive Attacks)

8) Break Comentator Tables

9) Possum!

10) Finisher Reversal

11) Super Dirty Move

12) Kick Out Of A Possum Pin

13) Interurupt A Stolen Taunt

14) Throw 10 Opponents

15) Break 5 Weapons

Rising Star Challenges

1) Tag Match Challenge (Tag Partner In 5 Times And Win)

2) FYF Challenge (Win Fulfill Your Fantasy match with clothes intact)

3) Overcome The Odds (Recieve 2 or more finishers and win)

4) No Limb Damage Challenge

5) Let's Spank! (3 successful spanks in a row in FYF match)

6) Ironman Challenge (win by 5 or more)

7) No Finisher Challenge

8) Without Storing a Finisher

9) Casket Finisher Challenge

10) The Top Of The Cell (Through opponent through the top of the cell and win)

11) Slobber Knocker Challenge (Beat the top score)

12) Rope Break Challenge (Win with no rope breaks)

13) Confined! (Win without leaving the ring)

14) 10 Man Royal Rumble (Win starting from 1)

15) Reverse The Casket Door

That's the first half. Should give you an idea of what to expect.

Actually, I think you can from what I read in IGN's article on GM Mode. It's either you pick the winner, or sim/play the match yourself (which is technically picking the winner), or both. I'm not sure of it, but I know you can definitely "book" the outcome to your matches in some way, shape or form. :)

Wait a minute, is the release date for Europe november 11th? That's today, wtf. I just pre-ordered it...does this mean I might have the game TOMORROW?  :huh:

That's for the UK. I'm fairly certain that Germany got the game even earlier. I'm not sure for the Netherlands though.

Guest Real F'n Show
the Austin Aries elbow is indeed there

The pendelum elbow or the one in the corner where he slingshots back in into a back elbow?

Also, is the Angel's Wings in by any chance?