TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathon

The One And Only Fantastic Four Thread...

I enjoyed it. Not as much as Batman, or Spiderman, or X-Men, but it was enjoyable. It wasn't anything offensive, it was just a fun little movie with some cool characters. I didn't follow F4 in Comic Book form, so I wasn't 100% aware of the story, but from what I've heard from friends, they covered what they needed to. I'd certainly rent the DVD, if not buy it.

Well, I saw it and I was disappointed. I knew it would be campy fun, but not that campy. Jessica Alba proves why she can't act, because she was just bland. Doom, I liked him but he was made out to look like a wuss. I did like Julian though, he got the character down to a tee. Whoever played Mr. Fantastic was great and was just like the one from the comics. My two favorite characters were Johnny Storm and The Thing. Evan delivered a great performance, and was great. Chiklis (the only reason I wanted to see this) was freaking great as the tortured Thing. Overall, it's a good film, but Batman Begins just overshadowed it. I'll probably rent it. Once again,they could've got somebody else for Sue Storm.

7/10

It sounds like we're spilt on this film...no suprise there..I for one really enjoyed this movie..the Spiderman films are still the best Marvel films but this is #3 in my book...and it wasn't too family oriented as Jessica Alba was getting naked(albeit invisible) quite a bit and Doom blows a big hole through that guy in the parking garage but still the kids in the theatre were having as much fun as any of us. Anybody who rips this movie to pieces is just missing it's premise entirely..in fact everybody applauded the 12:45 Sunday show(packed house too) which almost never happens...very good and leaves you feeling good too...and to all of the film reviewers out there...PICK UP A FRIGGIN' COMIC BOOK sometime..it might just make you sound like you know what the hell you're talking about...

I really enjoyed it. Very funny and silly. The 4 are so likeable, it's just fun to watch them bicker.

The only problem was that the climax with Doom didn't match all the set up. In the end he had no plan or goal, just kill the good guys, and he was beaten in like 30 seconds. Not much of a battle.

As far as Blade goes, I'd say the 2nd is one of the best comic movies I've seen. The first film is also pretty good but it has some lulls in it and I run hot and cold on Stephen Dorff. But the 2nd one for whatever reason really stuck with me, maybe it was the truly creepy vampire heels, or Ron Perlman as Reinhardt, or the excellent sets and action.

Yeah, Blade 2 kicked ass. A bit of bad CG here and there, but some incredible fight scenes, Ron Perlman, and an actual horror film sensibility made it really enjoyable. Blade Trinity was pretty bad.

The only problem was that the climax with Doom didn't match all the set up. In the end he had no plan or goal, just kill the good guys, and he was beaten in like 30 seconds. Not much of a battle.

While I have seen neither F4 or The Incredibles, I did read somewhere a while back that the ending of F4 was changed as it was overly similar to the climax of The Incredibles.

Maybe they did a rush job on the new ending?

Did someone just try to sell "Blade" as a great movie?  Any of the 3?

On topic, I plan to see this this week.

What I said was, Blade is part of the current era of comic book adaptations being dark, gritty, character driven and more adult themed than past genre films (fantasy/sci-fi) which lulled reviewers, and fans to expect every comic adaptation from here on out to be more darker, more adult themed and not at all for children and not at all the fun excapeism that the FF comics personified

I wasn't saying they were particullary good or bad movies, I was listing a bunch of recent comic book adaptations that fit the "adulturation" of comic book movies

Steve

While I have seen neither F4 or The Incredibles, I did read somewhere a while back that the ending of F4 was changed as it was overly similar to the climax of The Incredibles.

Maybe they did a rush job on the new ending?

What I heard is that they tacked on about $5 million to punch up the effects a bit. I don't remember hearing about any changes to the story/ending.

Was the movie suppose to get a G rating?  I bet the Disney movie Sky High is more violent than FF4.

FF seemed like a "PG" to me.

STAR WARS Eps. 1 and 2 were both more violent than FF, and they were modern day PG movies.

Well the final battle could have been a lot longer, but that was pretty much my only complaint about the film, they got everything else down almost perfectly including Dr. Doom, who is one of my favorite Marvel Super Villains so I can't wait for FF4 Part 2. :D

I know for a fact that they cut some scenes. I remember reading somewhere that they cut a scene with Ben and Alicia in her studio and a scene where the shuttle takes off. Hopefully, they'll include them just like they did it with the Constantine DVD. They inserted a lost scene with Constantine and a demon prostutute.

What can we expect for the sequel, besides Doom and Latveria? Hopefully, the debut of the Fantasticar, Reed and Sue's wedding and another villain to team up with Doom. I'm thinking they're saving Galactus and the Surfer for the 3rd film. What do you guys think?

I'd like to see a film where the fight the Sub-Mariner, but since that character is licensed for its own movie, I know we'll never see it.

edit: Better idea: Fantastic Four vs. Galactus would own your ass.

Edited by Y2Jerk

FF versus Galactus would be badass AFTER the Silver Surfer movie and then we can have our first Marvel Movie TeamUp...and by the way when did a PG or G movie involve a big whole being blown through a guy where you could see his burnt entrails not to mention the fun,akward moments between mother and five year old when Sue Storm has to remove her panties twice in public and her brother is just as naked only talking about boning every girl in his path...no parental guidence needed...