TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zyn081

Where some of the WWE cuts have gone

Was just surfing the web and came across this website:

http://www.awastars.com/bios.htm

I didnt know that the AWA was back in business.

They have already got Mark Jindrak, Billy Kidman, Luther Reigns, Test, A-Train, Matt Hardy, Molly Holly, Hulk Hogan, Gangrel, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Sean O'Haire, Jesus Aguilera and Mike the Miz.

:bonk:

What the...

The roster also claims to have Lawler, Bret Hart, Raven, Chyna, Ted Dibiase....

I'm not exactly sure what this is...

AWA is trying to run 'sold' shows all across the country. They're trying to say that, depending on the price you give us, we can book this talent. Of course, you'd have to throw a few million to have all those stars show up, so that's not going to happen.

There's a local fed around here like that, www.nawf.com. They have guys like Sting, Dusty Rhodes, and Mick Foley on their website. I think they've actually used all of those guys at one time or another...so basically they can book them, but I assume whoever is promoting the show or event has to pay extra to get them.

There's a local fed around here like that, www.nawf.com. They have guys like Sting, Dusty Rhodes, and Mick Foley on their website. I think they've actually used all of those guys at one time or another...so basically they can book them, but I assume whoever is promoting the show or event has to pay extra to get them.

So, its like a book your own superstars on the card thing? And this isnt a promotion like the WWE, TNA or RoH.

Shame, they have one of the nicest looking top belts of all time IMHO.

I had heard Corino say something on Between the Ropes a few months back about the AWA being back...it's kind of cool to read an indy fed with such a long history...I wonder how this works with Vince owning the tape library...how did Vince get that library anyways? Did he buy the name AWA also?

I had heard Corino say something on Between the Ropes a few months back about the AWA being back...it's kind of cool to read an indy fed with such a long history...I wonder how this works with Vince owning the tape library...how did Vince get that library anyways? Did he buy the name AWA also?

I think youll find the answer to your last question at the pro-wrestling title histories under the AWA section or at the AWAs website itself.

Guest Dale Earnhardt

Vince McMahon owns the AWA, essentially.

Dale Gagne is a lying piece of shit trying to leach off of the AWA. Of course, it should also be noted that Dale Gagne is of no relation to Verne. I could start up a backyard company and call it "Extreme Championship Wrestling" and it would have as much of a connection to ECW as Dale's AWA does to the actual AWA. The AWA died in a room with pink walls and it is now owned by Vincent K. McMahon. Dale Gagne can take his AWA and go to hell.