TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

Presumably.

I wonder if that ticket could be more than just the usual Bull Moose/Ross Perot-type spoiler. They would get the electoral votes of Nebraska & Maryland if nothing else.

Bloomberg is a huge Johns Hopkins benefactor. JHU is the largest employer for Baltimore & the surrounding area. His impact there could easily swing Baltimore to him and thus the state.

Guest George's Box
I don't see how a Bloomberg/Hagel ticket could survive the GOP primary. Also, I'm not a Bloomberg fan with his "wars" against trans-fat and smoking in New York City so the last thing I want him to do is win the White House and start instituting these controls "that are good for us" across the board.

The trans fat thing is a little tougher to justify, but I have no problem with taking cigarette smoke out of public, and neither should you. Unless you're dumb.

Aside from seeing the GOP field hit a bunch of Brit Hume's softball lobs tonight we will also get several eulogies for Jerry Falwell.

Aside from seeing the GOP field hit a bunch of Brit Hume's softball lobs tonight we will also get several eulogies for Jerry Falwell.

What channel is that on tonight, snuff?

I don't see how a Bloomberg/Hagel ticket could survive the GOP primary. Also, I'm not a Bloomberg fan with his "wars" against trans-fat and smoking in New York City so the last thing I want him to do is win the White House and start instituting these controls "that are good for us" across the board.

The trans fat thing is a little tougher to justify, but I have no problem with taking cigarette smoke out of public, and neither should you. Unless you're dumb.

Well on cigarettes let me rephrase my stance: I have no problem if the government gets rid of it in their public buildings since they own them but when the government starts telling private businesses that they can't have cigarette smoking that's where I have a problem. If people don't like establishments that allow smoking don't go to them and maybe if enough people do that then the owners will realize that they are losing money and ban smoking themselves. To make that choice for them screams of paternalism and it is something I can't stand.

And the last thing I want is a Bloomberg-Hagel ticket taking a sizeable amount of votes and have a strong independent swing another election into the hands of the Clinton family. That's weird since I usually like independent candidates and am registered independent but I REALLY don't like Hillary Clinton.

Your liberal media at work.

Here are the first three questions asked in the first Democratic debate & the first Republican debate.

First, the questions for the Democrats:

Senator Clinton, your party's leader in the United States Senate, Harry Reid, recently said the war in Iraq is lost. A letter to today's USA Today calls his comments "treasonous" and says if General Patton were alive today, Patton would "wipe his boots" with Senator Reid. Do you agree with the position of your leader in the Senate?

Senator Obama, you have called this war in Iraq, quote, "dumb," close quote. How do you square that position with those who have sacrificed so much? And why have you voted for appropriations for it in the past?

Senator Edwards, you made a high-profile apology for your vote in favor of the Iraq war resolution. You have said, quote, "We need a leader who will be open and honest, who will tell the truth when they made a mistake." Was that not a direct shot at your opponent, Senator Clinton?

Now, the questions for the Republicans.

In the NBC-Wall Street Journal poll, just 22 percent believe this country is on the right track. Mayor Giuliani, how do we get back to Ronald Reagan's morning in America?

Senator McCain, most of the public pessimism today has to do with Iraq. What would you need, as commander in chief, to win the war in Iraq?

Governor Thompson, if you're commander in chief and you want to win this war in Iraq, what do you need to do to win it?

Everytime I hear "Morning in America" all I can think about is the scene from Back to The Future II where MArty goes to the Cafe 80's and is greeted by Ronald Reagan in Digital, Max Headstrom form. "Welcome to the Cafe 80's where it's always morning in America". Then we get the split screen face off between Reagan and Khomeni. That is some fine filmmaking.

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=611

Fred Thompson kicks the Michael Moore horse.

I tend to lean left, but fuck Michael Moore. The guy is the ultimate attention whore, and I find it a little more than convinient that he pulls this shit before his latest movie.

Fox had been whining about how hard/unfair the questions that the GOP field had received during the Msnbc debate were. Thus you can imagine what they were treated to last night.

I remember in the 2000 primary that Bush was asked by Brit Hume in a Fox debate "Governor Bush what do you read for your news in the morning?" I remember spitting the soda out of my mouth when I heard that because it was so funny and ridiculous that such a question was being asked in a presidential debate.

So a republican official in Michigan is trying to start a petition to ban Ron Paul from future GOP debates, because he dared to suggest that our foreign policy can and has caused blowback, also bringing up when Regan "outlined a timetable for defeat" for the troops in Lebanon.

So now it looks like you can't be in the Republican debates, no matter how conservative you are, unless you fall in lock-step with the war machine.

Ron Paul is a former libertarian, and would probably fall in line currently with being an isolationist conservative much like Pat Buchanan who has been an opponent of the Iraq war from the beginning.......I guess those kind of republicans aren't allowed to the dance!?!

So a republican official in Michigan is trying to start a petition to ban Ron Paul from future GOP debates, because he dared to suggest that our foreign policy can and has caused blowback, also bringing up when Regan "outlined a timetable for defeat" for the troops in Lebanon.

So now it looks like you can't be in the Republican debates, no matter how conservative you are, unless you fall in lock-step with the war machine.

Ron Paul is a former libertarian, and would probably fall in line currently with being an isolationist conservative much like Pat Buchanan who has been an opponent of the Iraq war from the beginning.......I guess those kind of republicans aren't allowed to the dance!?!

It's reasons like this that I hate the way our political system has evolved. If you aren't lock step with the wackos on either side then they want to ban you from "debating" (and I use that term loosely).

The exclusion of voices like Paul's, even though he doesn't stand a great chance at winning the nomination, only hurts our political system. It's like when Democrats were challenging Nader's name on the ballot during the last presidential election with one female Democratic official going as far as to say "Nader shouldn't be allowed to be on the ballot because he's a spoiler." RIGHT...even though Nader qualifies as a spoiler people should still be able to have the right to vote for him (as I did) and people shouldn't be forced to have to vote for the Republocrats all the time.

The new "Morning in America" means big government, huge deficits, amnesty for illegal immigrants, and poorly run foreign wars, apparently.

Ronald Reagan must be proud.

Sign in to follow this