TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

It's amazing how people think Guliani has any chance in a national election. Considering how many skeletons the guy has in the closet and the fact that no one outside of NY cares about him, plus some of his more liberal views would probably keep him from winning the primary anyway, unless people would be willing to bite their lip on social issues in hopes of merely getting someone with an ® elected to public office.....(Arnold S. I am looking in your direction :) )

Guest JustPassinBy

15% of America. (Blacks, Gays, and Black Gays)

(12% + 4% - 1%)

Yeah, fuck the darkies man!

You are pathetic. It's a wonder that you haven't been banned yet.

Its hard to win elections when your base is minorities.

Not enough votes.

Thats just the basic truth.

I'm a Republican and I agree Bush has ran this country into the fucking ground. Because of him screwing up left and right and the fact he's pissed off the American people more than any other President in history, its a given the Democrats are going to re-take all the power in the country come next election and that goes for Congress, the Senate, and the White House. John McCain is my last best hope for peace for a rightful Republican candidate to win the Presidency. Sadly, I don't see him doing it and or even being nominated.

I'm a Republican and I agree Bush has ran this country into the fucking ground. Because of him screwing up left and right and the fact he's pissed off the American people more than any other President in history, its a given the Democrats are going to re-take all the power in the country come next election and that goes for Congress, the Senate, and the White House. John McCain is my last best hope for peace for a rightful Republican candidate to win the Presidency. Sadly, I don't see him doing it and or even being nominated.

If the Neo-cons can help it, he won't make it out of the primary.

I still don't see how it's all manly and "ass-kicking" to send other people to war, and it's "pussy" to want to try diplomacy first.

That's like saying you're a badass fighter pilot because you watched Iron Eagle.

Man, fuck you pussies. I'm a real fucking man. I'm gonna go watch Navy SEALS.

So that leaves Blacks and Gays, that make up like 15 percent of society. Its hard to win when your base is 15% and its trying to outvote the other 85% of America.

With all of these negative issues at hand for Dems, the only way they would have a chance to regain power is if the economy just went into a deep deep recession (think George Bush the 1st). Thats not gonna happen, even with the Fed still trying to raise interest rates.

The Dems are just fucked.

Even during the 2002 Cngressional elections, when Bush's approval ratings were in the mid-60% range, the Republicans couldn't get more than 53% of the vote.

Do you really think the Republicans can get the votes of 85% of the country?

This is too idiotic not to be a gimmick post.

Guest JustPassinBy
its a given the Democrats are going to re-take all the power in the country come next election and that goes for Congress, the Senate, and the White House.

LOL....

Even Bob Dole would trounce Hillary Clinton.

Shit, Elizabeth Dole and Condy Rice would win just on the likeability factor alone. Forget the issues.

With Rudy G, its gonna be a cakewalk.

Lets I remind everyone, that President George W Bush got the most votes and percentage of vote, since Ronald Reagan won his 1984 election. Its been a long time since a majority of overall voters voted for the winning Presidential Candidate. Rudy G is alot more 'likeable' than George W. And people that vote usually do vote along party lines, but those undecided vote for the most likeable candidate.

Rudy G "all around good guy, tough on crime, a leader, centrist, yankees fan" against Hillary Clinton "her hubby cheated on her, she's generally seen as a bitch, way way far out leftist, and just not attractive physically"

With the nation in a war, you actually think people are going to vote for Hillary Clinton over the mayor whose city was attacked? You cant be serious?

Guest JustPassinBy
I still don't see how it's all manly and "ass-kicking" to send other people to war, and it's "pussy" to want to try diplomacy first.

Its 'ass-kicking' to attack first and go on the offensive.

Its 'pussy' move to after attacked, to talk things out with the attacker rather than to be proactive and fight/win.

Where on earth have the FDR/Truman dems gone? The ones that supported a leader that wanted unconditional surrender from the Japs and Nazis? After Pearl Harbor, was FDR's first move to "negotiate" with the Japanese? I dont think it was. Truman, who didnt shed a tear when he nuked 150,000 innocent Japanese in order to WIN a war?

Where have those democrats gone?

Well, most of them are dead.

Their descendants I suspect have become GOP'ers.

What is left of the Democractic party?

Like I said before blacks, gays, and hippies dont have the votes to win elections.

The last successful democratic leader was Bill Clinton, and he was only elected due to a failing economy and a 3rd party candidate that took a significant amount of the vote. Overall, the dems have been losing power since the mid 80's, and that tide doesnt look to be turning (isnt Bush one of the only presidents to not lose any house seats in a mid-term election).

Guest Felonies!
What is left of the Democractic party?

Like I said before blacks, gays, and hippies dont have the votes to win elections.

You forgot academics, organized labor, Jews, farmers, civil servants, clueless teens, celebrities, paternalistic New Englanders, Native Americans, and environmentalists. But hey, keep making right-wingers look bad.

To balance this out, here's a real classic.

Besides that, everything besides the holocaust denial and the 9/11 conspiracy theory was right on the ball.

Its 'ass-kicking' to attack first and go on the offensive.

Its 'pussy' move to after attacked, to talk things out with the attacker rather than to be proactive and fight/win.

Where on earth have the FDR/Truman dems gone? The ones that supported a leader that wanted unconditional surrender from the Japs and Nazis? After Pearl Harbor, was FDR's first move to "negotiate" with the Japanese? I dont think it was. Truman, who didnt shed a tear when he nuked 150,000 innocent Japanese in order to WIN a war?

Yeah, but he didn't use Pearl Harbor as a reason to attack China or Korea. He went after the bastards who ATTACKED us.

God, you missed the point entirely. Unless you yourself are personally fighting in the war, it's ridiculous to call someone a pussy because they oppose it. Especially since we were obviously going to kick the shit out of Iraq.

And since the Iraqi government had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11, we went in there to essentially make an example of them, as opposed to a country that was/is actively stirring up shit, but might be a challenge to fight. i.e. N. Korea or Iran.

I don't think many people here are opposed to us going into Afghanistan.

I think the whole notion of a Hillary/Guiliani match-up is a NY-based media mastubation fantasy and has no basis in political reality.

its a given the Democrats are going to re-take all the power in the country come next election and that goes for Congress, the Senate, and the White House.

LOL....

Even Bob Dole would trounce Hillary Clinton.

Funny you mention Bob Dole in relation to Hillary. She's basically going to have the same effect he did, as in she'll raise enough money and get enough endorsements to scare every other decent candidate out of even running, but her complete inability to connect with the average voter will keep her from ultimately winning. Forget the fucking baggage this woman has for a second...has anyone ever seen this woman's campaigning ability? She sounds like she's running for student council.

Guest Felonies!

What does she do, show up at AFL-CIO rallies and promise to give everyone free McDonald's for lunch and an extra recess?

Guest JustPassinBy

Another example of the RNC being ran better than the DNC:

#1. Lincoln Chafee has the full support of the RNC, and even had Elizabeth Dole campaigning for him. He won his primary on tuesday. Now, why would the GOP want Chafee to win? After all, he's more of a democrat than Harold Ford Jr is! Simple: Winning. Chafee is electable, the other guy probably isnt.

Now, compare this situation to what the Dems have done to Joe Liebermann.

The current DNC sort of reminds me of the power struggle that Pat Buchanan had for control over the GOP in the early 90's. His extremist block was pushed into the corner, stripped of most power, and never really heard from again. The GOP has won elections ever since.

Howard Dean is the Pat Buchanan of the present day Dem party. But instead of being muted, he's been given the power.

Craziness.

Guest Felonies!

Being ran better?

Someone remind me why I'm voting for Republicans in November, please. (Well, Libertarians too, but it's the other one I need to justify here)

Which one was that again?

Y2Jerk had said something like, "Hillary thinks she campaigns like Bobby Kennedy, but, really, she's more like Ted." I found that superior to the student council joke.

And, I honestly don't get why more Republicans/conservatives don't vote Libertarian. It covers all the actual bases of conservatism (legitimately lower taxes, smaller gov't, less rules/laws, personal freedoms, etc) but without all the Republican trappings of massive gov't, heavy taxes, and focus on banning homosexuals and such. I can see the real difference between Democrats/Libertarians being the tax issues...but with Republicans, is it just that these social wedge issues are just too important to some people to let go?

With the candiates I have to chose from around here and considering how bad the democrats screwed up my state, I'm trying to find a reason to vote for anyone period.

Can't let the Republicans get control of the state cause they want to completely ban gays from existing and thats all they got. Can't let the Democrats get control because they basically drive out businesses and raise up the taxes to cover air conditioning in schools plus a stupid no-smoking and seatbelt law enforcement. And the Indys are just plain clueless, have no position or just don't put in any effort to get a vote.

#1. Lincoln Chafee has the full support of the RNC, and even had Elizabeth Dole campaigning for him. He won his primary on tuesday. Now, why would the GOP want Chafee to win? After all, he's more of a democrat than Harold Ford Jr is! Simple: Winning. Chafee is electable, the other guy probably isnt.

The current DNC sort of reminds me of the power struggle that Pat Buchanan had for control over the GOP in the early 90's. His extremist block was pushed into the corner, stripped of most power, and never really heard from again. The GOP has won elections ever since.

Howard Dean is the Pat Buchanan of the present day Dem party. But instead of being muted, he's been given the power.

Craziness.

Right.....because Katherine Harris and Rick Sanitorum are not extremists.

Guest Felonies!

Which one was that again?

Y2Jerk had said something like, "Hillary thinks she campaigns like Bobby Kennedy, but, really, she's more like Ted." I found that superior to the student council joke.

And, I honestly don't get why more Republicans/conservatives don't vote Libertarian. It covers all the actual bases of conservatism (legitimately lower taxes, smaller gov't, less rules/laws, personal freedoms, etc) but without all the Republican trappings of massive gov't, heavy taxes, and focus on banning homosexuals and such. I can see the real difference between Democrats/Libertarians being the tax issues...but with Republicans, is it just that these social wedge issues are just too important to some people to let go?

Yes, that's exactly what it is. The GOP is where it is right now because it duped all those evangelist Christian meatheads (well-meaning meatheads, of course) into doing all the heavy lifting for them. This was a bunch of people whose preachers told them not to vote until about the 1980s, or if they were voting, they were voting Democratic. Now the dilemma here is that the Republican Party's beasts of burden actually want the party to carry out their agenda, whereas the party would rather just exploit them as a voting bloc when they're necessary and then tell 'em to screw off until the next election.

Guest JustPassinBy

Craziness.

Right.....because Katherine Harris and Rick Sanitorum are not extremists.

Harris and Santorum are actually electable candidates that can win and have won.

What has Howard Dean ever won?

What has Pat Buchanan ever won?

GOV. Howard Dean.

Buchanon was, along with Bill Safire, one of the top writers for Nixon. He is capable of being an intelligent man (as long as the conversation doesn't veer towards Jews) whereas you just are not.

Might the DNC not be supporting Lieberman because he lost his primary?

Might the DNC not be supporting Lieberman because he lost his primary?

I'd say that and his stock is just plummeting around the nation. Being for censorship and supporting the war was a death sentence for him. He lost the middle of the road voters and he lost the Democrats so he pretty much has nothing anymore it seems. Joe might want to realize his time has been exhausted and head to a nice position on a college board.

Also, how EXACTLY does Rick Santorum keep getting voted back in? Is the area he's from just completely nuts?

First time he won was the 1994 "Republican Revolution" year. In 2000, the DNC put up a weak candidate.

In fact, the entire '94 campaign was scarily close to the movie 'Bob Roberts.' (Young, conservative, ultraconservative versus long-time liberal stalwart.)

Sign in to follow this