TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

Christ, she is wooden.

250px-Fargo_Marge.jpg

"Oh, my, that John McCain sure is sumthin'! Oh, yeah."

It's like they don't realize that people in small towns make fun of the fact that little goes on in small towns.

Corner Gas is one of the most popular sitcoms in Canada, and it's a show where a dude from Saskatchewan makes fun of the fact that nothing really important ever happens in a parody of his hometown.

Top 10 Things I learned (so far) at the Republican Convention:

10. John McCain was a P.O.W.

9. Being mayor is hard, gosh darn it!

8. 9/11.

7. John McCain was a P.O.W.

6. Apparently being a community organizer is akin to town drunk, or a crack dealer, or something.

5. Small towns good. Big cities bad.

4. John McCain was a P.O.W.

3. Electing the same people who've been in charge for the last 8 years = change.

2. Alaska is an economic juggernant and savior of western civilization.

And number one...

John McCain was a P.O.W.

And just to think 8 years ago I was so pumped about the GOP's chances in the election. This time I just feel an oncoming sense of dread. My enthusiasm level is at ZERO for this one. I have never felt so underwhelmed by a GOP convention in my life. If you had told me THIS was going to be the ticket a year ago I would have laughed, not necessarily with McCain at the top, but with the person he chose to accompany him.

6. Apparently being a community organizer is akin to town drunk, or a crack dealer, or something.

I'm hardly one for mudslinging, but she kinda sorta needs her asshole torn to shreds over this one. It's just a shitty thing to say.

Cowboy Troy? What is this, 2004?

Can either of these parties give me one concrete reason to vote their guy in? So far all I've heard is "Vote for us because CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE! (P.S. Our opponent is old and Bush v.3.0)" and "Vote for us because HE'S A MAVERICK AND A WAR HERO! 9/11!"

I guess I have to wait for the debates for that, but even then we'll probably hear the same stuff dressed up in diplo-speak to disguise the fact that neither guy really has anything. The VP debates will be a joke, but who gives a shit about an office that was created for the sole purpose of having a warm body in the same building in case anything happens?

I know it's been said, but Biden is going to eat her alive-no, I don't mean that.

Cowboy Troy, Gretchen Wilson, and John Rich took the stage.

Let's make me hate the Republicans even more.

Too bad you can't be annoying about it.

Quick thoughts;

So, Palin is touting being a "washington outsider" that is going to there to reform....yet McCain is being praised for having the "most experience" and now being a career politician is a GOOD THING...!?!

Is anyone else sick and fucking tired of the "they don't know about small town politics or small town folks" bullshit rhetoric?

I actually didn't think Palin did bad as far as red meat goes, but lets be honest, the media has had one issue on their minds for the past three days, her pregnant daughter. Just wait until they actually explore her extreme right wing viewpoints, and the debate with Biden, oh boy!!!

Someone might wanna remind Romney that the Republicans have had full control of the government for six of the last eight years. Just what in the flying fuck is he talking about "rescuing washington from the liberals" SERIOUSLY? I know the convention crowds are there to yuk it up for anything spewed, but are people watching this at home actually agreeing with this?

Tonight's(and probably tomorrow's as well) speeches remind me once again why I have been so dissillusioned with the Democrats over the past eight years. Romeny and Gulliani brought up a plethora of issues that the American public(majority) simply DON'T AGREE WITH, yet the Democrats have rolled and rolled and rolled over again on such issues as funding for the war, domestic spying, the patriot act etc etc. If the Democrats had stood firm on these issues the past eight years, they could really be ripping these republicans new assholes, but they won't. They will stay silent and barely make a peep about these issues because in the end, it will be brought up that they rolled over and that to me is what the american public hates the most.

Can either of these parties give me one concrete reason to vote their guy in? So far all I've heard is "Vote for us because CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE! (P.S. Our opponent is old and Bush v.3.0)" and "Vote for us because HE'S A MAVERICK AND A WAR HERO! 9/11!"

Start here or here. Then go read some newspaper stories or something. Seriously, it's not hard. There's really no reason to still be undecided at this point unless you're just too lazy to go and do even the most cursory research on the candidates.

The biggest problem I had with the speech is that she basically seems ignorant in terms of foreign policy-hell, she didn't mention anything about it.

Guest דניא&#15
Romney representing the richest and whitest elements of America.

Yeah, thanks to evangelicals, that's the good part of the Republican Party.

I heard Sarah Palin's speech actually wasn't that bad.

Start here or here. Then go read some newspaper stories or something. Seriously, it's not hard. There's really no reason to still be undecided at this point unless you're just too lazy to go and do even the most cursory research on the candidates.

I was going to say this but be meaner about it. You can probably figure out who you want to vote for in less than an hour's time.

I heard Sarah Palin's speech actually wasn't that bad.

I thought you said the Pit got deleted.

You can judge a speech by how mad the other party is about it. And partisan Democrats are holding the line pretty well, just as partisan Republicans shit all over Obama's speech.

I don't even think her speech was that bad, if you are looking at the "red meat" elements to pump a crowd. However, keep this in mind, she has been a part of this campaign for a few days and the biggest focus has been on her pregnant child. That story is already old and Palin has a leg up right now. When the media rightfully starts to focus on her views on the issues if they report on anything that has come out thus far it is going to be revealed that one, she isn't much of a reformer at all, two, all this talk of "seperating from her party" was usually when she was to the right of the mainstream republicans, and thirdly, she is extremely socially conservative.

Now, if those are positives in your book then fine, but I don't think the majority of americans would agree.

I'm hardly one for mudslinging, but she kinda sorta needs her asshole torn to shreds over this one. It's just a shitty thing to say.

What's really stupid is watching the Mayor of NYC, who used to do a pretty good job of trying to connect with the community, acted like he did not know what a community organizer was.

And then, at the height of shittyness, he put down large cities as elitist and snobbish. NYC needs to revoke this guy's card to ever cross the Hudson again.

Sign in to follow this