TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

(slaps forehead)

After she regains her footing she actually outlines a policy (using military strikes only to prevent immanent threats) that's really quite a bit more sensible than McCain's. I wonder if the two of them have even actually had a discussion about this stuff?

Guest Vitamin X

What? Policy? All I heard there was a blizzard of words, as Charlie (or as Palin says it, CHYAR-LEEE) said. All complete and total Party rhetoric; it's interesting because Palin is exactly the sort of candidate that the Republicans THINK Obama is (empty suit, all story and no substance, a pretty face with no brain, etc.), so it's probably why the media has been focusing on those two. I don't know who said it earlier, but whoever mentioned that a fight between a black man and a white woman in the Presidential race is more interesting than seeing the same two old white men battle it out, hit it right on the head.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah I don't think an ad like that will win anybody over in say, Indiana. Hell, if Tzar Lysergic is any indication, he'll probably support Palin on the basis of that.

EDIT: Speaking of organizations that support Obama airing TV ads, here's one from Planned Parenthood:

Yeeeeeah.

You don't think that wolf ad would be effective with woman?

On another note, for anyone interested, McCain got smacked around pretty good on "The View" today.

Those women are just sexist against Sarah Palin.

They also brought up the discredited sex-ed ad, but McCain dodged it completely. And, I have to say, it's really too bad be live in a country where someone can't support a bill that will mandate teaching kindergarteners to avoid sexual predators without it getting twisted and used against them.

That clip made me feel embarassed for McCain. Of course his defenders will just cry that he was attacked by a pack of mindless liberals, and the campaign will continue to have support of half the country.

Yeah the Wolf thing is pretty despicable. Whether there is good reason or not for the Wolves to be hunted(population control) is an entire seperate issue in itself, however the aerial killings/huntings is surely not a very humane way to go about it and reeks of just giving in to the gun lobby to allow a bunch of savages to go out and kill stuff.

Regarding McCain's thoughts on the Sex Ed thing, I really think McCain, Palin, and the majority of conservative pundits know DAMN WELL that the ad isn't referring to teaching sex ed to kids, but they figure that if it is repeated enough then by the time the election rolls around there will be so much doubt about it that it will sway some voters. This is exactly the dishonest type of politics that I am tired of. I heard the View interview(I have a walkman that picks up TV channel audio) and if I recall correctly Joy Behar basically called McCain out on that ad, and McCain said "It's not a lie" but then kind of hurrily skipped to the next topic without explaining himself.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
Yeah I don't think an ad like that will win anybody over in say, Indiana. Hell, if Tzar Lysergic is any indication, he'll probably support Palin on the basis of that.

Two things I will never vote for under any circumstances.

1. A religious nut.

2. A woman, because I'm a sexist creep.

I want to know when we decided to say "energy" in place of "oil."

Because "Alaska produces almost 20% of America's energy" sounds better than "Alaska produces almost 20% of America's oil"...even though the latter is (almost) true, but the former is not.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/en...ally_wrong.html

Edited by SuperJerk

I got mixed up since, really, even saying Alaska producing 20% of America's oil is a considerable stretch.

Palin lied about visiting Alaska National Guard troops in Iraq...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/13/palin.iraq/index.html

There is, however, a job Palin is better suited for than VP...

http://www.slate.com/id/2199931/?from=rss

Alan Greenspan has publicly questioned how McCain's going to pay for his tax cuts...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080913/ap_on_el_pr/mccain

Even using McCain's own figures that the tax cut is only $600 billion, his explanation of how the government will close the gap between proposed tax cuts and projected spending (even if all earmarks are eliminated) falls short.

Edited by SuperJerk

That's just typical YouTube BS.

The tac-nuke was a concern around 2002-2003, but was scrapped when they couldn't get through the political red tape to use the Nevada Test Site as a proving ground. They wanted to set off an explosion of TNT that would equal those miniature nukes, but people here were understandably uncomfortable with a ton of irradiated 60-year old soil being disturbed and kicked up into the air.

Sign in to follow this