TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

Yeah, the entire time that rather damning rap number was going on I was wondering what was going through Caribou Barbie's mind.

She probably thought it was funny, or else she wouldn't have done it.

Well, she kinda has to... otherwise she comes off as uptight and lacking a sense of humor.

I don't think anyone is going to know what she agreed to do or didn't do, but if she and her team didn't want to do something, it wouldn't have happened.

She looked like she was enjoying herself both times she was involved in the show. This is nothing new. Bush Sr & Ford really enjoyed their portayals on SNL even though they were caricatured (Bush even did Carvey's impression of himself at Ford's funeral!).

I think Sarah Palin did well last night as well.

I think it was a wise move to have her just stand there and take the jokes. If she actually tried to perform she might have been accussed by some of being more interested in being a celebrity than a politician.

Anyway as expected the show did a big rating. Highest rated SNL since Nancy Kerrigan hosted the show on March 12, 1994.

More from Powell. Says there are too many serious problems right now, domestic & foreign, to focus on stuff like Bill Ayers or examing the American-ess of Democratic congressmen.

How does Brent Scowcroft plan to vote?

Dear God, if McCain isn't elected, you suck. I'm also going to start praying to "Hindu" if you don't strike Barack Hussein down with lightning.

See, here I was all this time thinking neither candidate was running for the position as representative of a major religion, but for chief executive of a representative democracy.

To me, the idea that divine intervention in the election is required, because someone who is well-liked by people of different religions might win, is appalling.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmart...ed.html?showall

A couple dozen mili's of OC in the snoot will do it to you.

Translation: Any black person who votes for another black person is only doing it because they're black. Also, Powell should be loyal to the Republicans because they helped his career, even though he thinks Obama's the better candidate.

It is as if there haven't been many white conservatives endorsing Obama because of their disillusionment with McCain in past few months, or Powell's career is more important to him than the future of the country.

The disgust everyone else has been directing at Glen Beck, I gladly project in the direction of Rush Limbaugh.

Powell spent 7 minutes explaining why he was choosing Obama, what he liked about him, and the problem that he has with the direction of McCain's campaign and the republican party in general.

So of course, Limbaugh's reasoning is that he's a nigger lover.

So of course, Limbaugh's reasoning is that he's a nigger lover.

Speaking of which, Free Republic is having a Goddamn meltdown at the moment. Some choice quotes:

Semi whites stick together

Affirmative action in motion. As they say in my family, “$hit floats”.

Powell is a racist. Powell is a racist.

He cares not for his country just his race.

The Affirmative Action General just endorsed the Affirmative Action Candidate....

“Yes its based on race. Whats next..Condi..?”

If she weren’t part of the current Republican administration, I’d bet a dollar to a doughnut she’d be endorsing The Black One.

Since it’s all about race, I think we should not refer to him as The One, and use his full title, The Black One

Mr. Powell, You have just confirmed that you are a racist -choosing a candidate based on the color of his/her skin, and nothing more than an Afirmative Action clown yourself. You “endorse” a neo-Marxist amateur fool for president - this clearly goes against everything you allegedly “stood” for. What this now does, though, is to open up the Pandora’s box of us “whiteys” voting for McCain/Palin besed soley on their race. Oh, one last thing, McCain/Palin campaign, Jerry Wright can now be used - just remember what Geraldine Ferraro said “The only reason Obama is where he is is because he’s black.” Go get ‘em! McCain/Palin 2008!

184 posted on Sunday, October 19, 2008 9:43:08 AM by GOPsterinMA (The choice is clear: Vote for the war hero or the muslim zero)

The irony here is that most of the conservative Republicans who are supporting McCain don't like him that much either, but have been too fear-mongered into believing that Obama is some kind of terrorist sleeper-agent to dare say anything critical against McCain.

I mean, remember the Republicans for Hillary movement?

I'd also cite Limbaugh's "Operation Chaos" here, but the point of that became lost once Rush kept changing the objectives after-the-fact to reflect whatever the outcomes were.

“Yes its based on race. Whats next..Condi..?”

While it would never happen and I dont care one iota what Condi thinks about this election... this would be awesome just to hear the "SHE'S A RACIST!" apoplexy that the right would go into

Supreme Court oks voter fraud

Aww..you dont have to work extra hard to comply with a federal law that might make a couple thousand people possibly not be able to cast their vote unless they can provide accurate information..

Hey, its just getting even for 2000 and 2004!

A "couple" thousand would generally mean "2,000", or in that range. Your own article talks about 200,000 people with mismatches, and might not be able to vote. But hey, what should we expect from a fucking racist, right?

(And if you don't understand that last sentence, it's just me crashing Marvin's own logic train back into him.)

Supreme Court oks voter fraud

Aww..you dont have to work extra hard to comply with a federal law that might make a couple thousand people possibly not be able to cast their vote unless they can provide accurate information..

Hey, its just getting even for 2000 and 2004!

A "couple" thousand would generally mean "2,000", or in that range. Your own article talks about 200,000 people with mismatches, and might not be able to vote. But hey, what should we expect from a fucking racist, right?

(And if you don't understand that last sentence, it's just me crashing Marvin's own logic train back into him.)

I dont understand how the Democrats can sleep at night. the Help America Vote Act was passed in 2002 to try and prevent what happened in 2000 from happening again, and here they are asking to be exempted from following the rules set by that in regards to 200,000 possibly fraudulent voter registrations.

HAVA requires states develop a single, uniform, official, centralized, interactive computerized statewide voter registration list defined, maintained, and administered at the State level. (Previously, voter registration lists were maintained by local officials.) HAVA requires the statewide list be coordinated with other agency databases within the state. HAVA also requires regular "maintenance" of the statewide list including removing ineligible voters and duplicate names are eliminated..

And yet they're sounding the Alarms now on voter registration deletions that are performed in accordance with that same act, possibly removing legal voters from the rolls.

Roughly 13 million names were purged from the rolls in 2005 and 2006, and while most of the removals were legitimate, that still leaves thousands likely disenfranchised, they say.

The voters are disenfranchised if they don't check their voting records and they're disenfranchised if they try and delete them, both in accordance with the HAVA act..

And Im sure no ones disenfranchised knowing that theres potentially going to be hundreds of thousands of illegal votes being cast in 2 weeks and we're supposed to act like its not happening.

At least I know my vote doesn't not count because Im living in Maryland which couldn't be any bluer if it tried, all thanks to all the morons on the other side of the bay.

FactCheck.org examines the allegations against ACORN:

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/ac...ccusations.html

The McCain-Palin campaign accuses ACORN, a community activist group that operates nationwide, of perpetrating "massive voter fraud." It says Obama has “long and deep” ties to the group. We find both claims to be exaggerated. But we also find Obama has understated the extent of his work with the group.

Neither ACORN nor its employees have been found guilty of, or even charged with, casting fraudulent votes. What a McCain-Palin Web ad calls "voter fraud" is actually voter registration fraud. Several ACORN canvassers have been found guilty of faking registration forms and others are being investigated. But the evidence that has surfaced so far shows they faked forms to get paid for work they didn’t do, not to stuff ballot boxes.

Obama’s path has intersected with ACORN on several occasions – more often than he allowed in the final debate.

Dear God, if McCain isn't elected, you suck. I'm also going to start praying to "Hindu" if you don't strike Barack Hussein down with lightning.

See, here I was all this time thinking neither candidate was running for the position as representative of a major religion, but for chief executive of a representative democracy.

To me, the idea that divine intervention in the election is required, because someone who is well-liked by people of different religions might win, is appalling.

As a Christian, that is one of the most appalling things I've ever heard. I hate the kind of prayers where people try to tell God what's right or wrong. "God, you should probably do this... I'm only telling you because you don't already know." Absolutely incredible how a PASTOR can pigeonhole God like that. It's disgusting.

By the way, someone has been arrested for voter fraud.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-fr...0,3842357.story

Man arrested in voter fraud

Mark Jacoby, who owns a firm hired by the California Republican Party, violated state registration laws, authorities say.

By Evan Halper, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

October 20, 2008

SACRAMENTO -- The owner of a firm that the California Republican Party hired to register tens of thousands of voters this year was arrested in Ontario over the weekend on suspicion of voter registration fraud.

Just a clarification here: there is a big difference between voter fraud and voter registration fraud. One is actually falsifying votes, and one is falsely registering voters.

Couple of points:

1. Obama raised $150 million in September; an unprecedented amount. This beats his own record of $66 million... by a lot. That is a shit load of individual donors.

2. Fahreed Zakaria endorses Obama.

3. I watched Recount today, which I highly recommend. It's not a "Bush stole the Florida election" kind of movie, but it shows the decisions of both Gore and Bush campaigns in Florida on a day-by-day basis. Good stuff.

I'm going to predict right now that the right-wing noise machine (Limbaugh/Beck/Hannity/etc) will soon be rolling with the smear allegations and rumors against Kareem Rashad Sultan Khan, the muslim soldier that Powell brought up today in the following commentary:

"I'm also troubled by, not what Senator McCain says, but what members of the party say. And it is permitted to be said such things as, "Well, you know that Mr. Obama is a Muslim." Well, the correct answer is, he is not a Muslim, he's a Christian. He's always been a Christian. But the really right answer is, what if he is? Is there something wrong with being a Muslim in this country? The answer's no, that's not America. Is there something wrong with some seven-year-old Muslim-American kid believing that he or she could be president? Yet, I have heard senior members of my own party drop the suggestion, "He's a Muslim and he might be associated terrorists." This is not the way we should be doing it in America.

I feel strongly about this particular point because of a picture I saw in a magazine. It was a photo essay about troops who are serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. And one picture at the tail end of this photo essay was of a mother in Arlington Cemetery, and she had her head on the headstone of her son's grave. And as the picture focused in, you could see the writing on the headstone. And it gave his awards--Purple Heart, Bronze Star--showed that he died in Iraq, gave his date of birth, date of death. He was 20 years old. And then, at the very top of the headstone, it didn't have a Christian cross, it didn't have the Star of David, it had crescent and a star of the Islamic faith. And his name was Kareem Rashad Sultan Khan, and he was an American. He was born in New Jersey. He was 14 years old at the time of 9/11, and he waited until he can go serve his country, and he gave his life. Now, we have got to stop polarizing ourself in this way. And John McCain is as nondiscriminatory as anyone I know. But I'm troubled about the fact that, within the party, we have these kinds of expressions."

Don't be surprised at all this week if you hear about how this guy was a terrorist sympathizer or some such nonsense. Also, I suspect that Barack Obama won't go near this story, so that he doesn't have to deal with comments along the lines of "We have 'Joe the Plumber', they have 'Kareem Rashad Sultan Khan', who do you want America?" from the Republican talking heads.

The irony here is that most of the conservative Republicans who are supporting McCain don't like him that much either, but have been too fear-mongered into believing that Obama is some kind of terrorist sleeper-agent to dare say anything critical against McCain.

I mean, remember the Republicans for Hillary movement?

I'd also cite Limbaugh's "Operation Chaos" here, but the point of that became lost once Rush kept changing the objectives after-the-fact to reflect whatever the outcomes were.

Haha, remember when all the Republican strategists were delighted at an Obama victory because of how easy it would be to trounce him in the election? Cut to two weeks before the big day:

1019_evdist.png

Sign in to follow this