TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

Obama's main strategy in Texas is now to appeal to young Hispanics, we'll see how that works out.

Heh... this should work out well...

I don't think it's impossible or anything. One explanation that some have offered for his lack of Hispanic support is that voters just don't know him well enough, but they have a history with Hillary. There's no good reason he couldn't win them over.

:lol:

Guest Blue Man Czech

Man, Hillary is done. She got her ass kicked in Virginia. She's not coming back.

I think that this article sums up my feelings on Clinton's campaign at this point. Granted, she still has a good chance of winning Ohio and Texas, but at this point, her campaign is starting to go the way of Rudy-someone who was once heavily favored to win, but is now losing momentum.

McCain takes Virginia. He'd better learn to motivate his voters this time, as I'm sure he would have won this state handily if he had actually made an appearance there. Huckabee's "Get Out the Vote" campaign was definitely impressive. Not nearly as impressive as the kick to the ovaries Obama just delivered to Clinton, but it's quaint in its own way.

The new Greyhound station, 2GOLD?

No, the old one. Back when it was in the scary "Why did you drop me HERE?" location. My god, that was a horrible section of Baltimore. Most of the city is fine but that one area where the old station was, jesus christ. You felt like you needed a firearm just to walk outside. If I remember right, they aren't anywhere near the same sections of the city.

And again the media plans up that Hilary is fading and yet she'll take Ohio, PA and Texas and nail the coffin. Its pissing me off seeing them giving me so much hope only to know the odds are those three stupid states will dash it dead.

"In Virginia Exits, Obama wins Latin Vote by Double Digits -- 55-45," so says Drudge.

Hillary's Texas strategy could prove to be Giuliani-esque.

No, the old one. Back when it was in the scary "Why did you drop me HERE?" location. My god, that was a horrible section of Baltimore. Most of the city is fine but that one area where the old station was, jesus christ. You felt like you needed a firearm just to walk outside. If I remember right, they aren't anywhere near the same sections of the city.

Is that old bus station next to a Best Western and have a KFC in the food court? I've stayed at that Best Western (During an Os series with The Red Sox in '05). The hotel was OK outside of the fact that the pool was broken but it wasn't in the nicest of neighborhoods and that bus station was shady as hell.

Is that old bus station next to a Best Western and have a KFC in the food court? I've stayed at that Best Western (During an Os series with The Red Sox in '05). The hotel was OK outside of the fact that the pool was broken but it wasn't in the nicest of neighborhoods and that bus station was shady as hell.

Yeah, the bus station is the line. There was always the old joke that if you can make it across the street alive, you'll be ok. And the buses I was on always used to come in at like 2am and I hated it. After twice tempting fate, I went ahead and spent an extra 75 dollars to go about 30 miles more. Anything to avoid it.

And man, I think Clinton may have screwed up firing her campaign manager. It might have came off like an act of desperation to save a sinking ship. And the ship wasn't even sinking, she basically had a good strong grip in the states she needed to produce to win it.

"In Virginia Exits, Obama wins Latin Vote by Double Digits -- 55-45," so says Drudge.

Definitely looking that way now. She has to stop some of Obama's momentum, and it looks like Wisconsin is going to have to be that state. With her deputy campaign manager resigning tonight, it just looks worse and worse. You can feel the wheels coming off.

Marvin, I've got a class full of 15 year old European History students (both conservatives & liberals) who I would trust much more with suffrage than you.

how the hell does a 15 year old know their political affiliation?

I remember when I voted for Ross Perot in my Elementary School Election 16 years ago because I liked his cool charts.

Can we please stop paying attention to Marvin and pay attention to the topic at hand?

Marvin, I've got a class full of 15 year old European History students (both conservatives & liberals) who I would trust much more with suffrage than you.

I remember when I voted for Ross Perot in my Elementary School Election 16 years ago because I liked his cool charts.

Because normal 15 year olds of the 21st (And even the 20th) Century are, as proven by most psychologists, able to understand laws, morals, and the consequences that come with them. Comparing them to you thinking Perot's charts were cool designs to put on your helmet is the sort of retardation... well, that we've come to expect from you.

Definitely looking that way now. She has to stop some of Obama's momentum, and it looks like Wisconsin is going to have to be that state. With her deputy campaign manager resigning tonight, it just looks worse and worse. You can feel the wheels coming off.

Who's ahead in Wisconsin?

Take your pick:

Pollster

Public Policy Polling (D) 2/11/08 Obama 50 Clinton 39

American Research Group 2/6-7/08 Obama 41 Clinton 50

Finally, snuffbox, Invader, & Czech will have their say in this election! (you three knuckleheads are all in WI, right?)

Because normal 15 year olds of the 21st (And even the 20th) Century are, as proven by most psychologists, able to understand laws, morals, and the consequences that come with them. Comparing them to you thinking Perot's charts were cool designs to put on your helmet is the sort of retardation... well, that we've come to expect from you.

I dont think many 15 year olds even have a grasp of the problems facing the US today..from the economy to illegal immigration to the war to energy issues.

I doubt many of them are watching CNN or reading a newspaper unless its for some lame school project that they really dont care about. When I was 15 I didnt give a rats ass about wellfare reform or what was happening in Kosovo or any other major issues of the mid 1990's..

Guest Blue Man Czech

Interesting point from the MSNBC talking heads (Pat Buchanan, Rachel Maddow, David Gregory, David Gregory's hair) that Hillary just can't fight Obama on anything. Is there really nothing to fight him on? Is it possible?

It's Obama time!

Snuffbox, do you see him taking the old labor union types in Milwaukee, or will Hillary get those?

I dont think

That pretty much sums up your entire tenure in this folder. I know I've met better informed 15 year olds than you. At least I know they can read.

I think those old establishment strangleholds will be just about all Hillary will get in Wisconsin. That, and the remnants of her housewife vote. Barack has the usual progressive fever on his side, Jimbo Doyle's endorsement/'machine', the schools. I'm not sure it'll be a blowout or anything, but Hillary doesn't really have a chance.

She is trying here, though.

Guest Blue Man Czech

This is the most The Rock-y he's ever sounded, from the introductory hometown pandering to the little "Republicans whispering to him" bit.

Guest Blue Man Czech

It'll be interesting to hear how all three of the channels dissect this. I have MSNBC on, so they're probably getting on their knees as we speak. Will CNN still be pushing Hillary after this?

EDIT: Oh man, bad timing for McCain. You can't go from the demagogy of Obama shouting to a crowd of Madison students, surrounded on all sides, to John McCain in a convention room at a Marriott, standing in front of a backdrop, speakingly calmly to scattered applause. What a terrible presentation. A real fucking mess.

EDIT2: To clarify, that's an indictment of the McCain camp, not the networks presenting the speech, just so nobody gets the wrong idea. Still, though, terrible.

EDIT3: I think he said that talking about hope is just a platitude, but I dunno, I'm not fuckin' listening.

Sign in to follow this