TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

I dont think

That pretty much sums up your entire tenure in this folder. I know I've met better informed 15 year olds than you. At least I know they can read.

"Better" informed is an opinion. I read the local newspaper everyday for local issue coverage, read the internet and listen to Glenn Beck evdery day for national coverage of politics. I dare say Im probably more informed on politics than most adults I know.

and man..I can hardly wait for Obama/Mccain.

uggh

Guest Blue Man Czech

"When Barack Obama speaks, I get...this feeling up my leg." -Chris Matthews

Those DC Republican numbers are really funny.

Seriously. You would think there would be more than 5000 Republican voters in DC counting only political appointees of the current administration and stuff.

Here's what Czech's talking about:

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries...x.html#20080212

Guest Vitamin X
"Better" informed is an opinion. I read the local newspaper everyday for local issue coverage, read the internet and listen to Glenn Beck evdery day for national coverage of politics. I dare say Im probably more informed on politics than most adults I know.

First off, it's "more" informed, but "better" informed. Grammar and reading wasn't exactly your forte back in grade school, eh? I'm assuming grade school because you have all the eloquence that someone with just that sort of education might possess.

As if young teens don't have access to the internet, or the newspaper. And Glenn Beck is no more a source of "national coverage of politics" than CNN, local news, or-here's one- FUCKING GOOGLE. It's not like this is just one person saying it, Marv, it's EVERYONE in the thread. You're a headache and a nuisance to the thread. Please, do us a favor and stop posting so damn much.

Marvin will never go down.....you can't break his spirit.

Anyways, I agree with the earlier posters who compared Hillary's run to Rudy's. I still think she's got a decent shot, but it's heading in the wrong direction fast. And why the fuck has Ron Paul not taken a hint and removed his name from the ballot?

EDIT: Did anyone catch what Al Sharpton had to say? I just saw him on MSNBC.

Can we please stop paying attention to Marvin and pay attention to the topic at hand?

First off, it's "more" informed, but "better" informed. Grammar and reading wasn't exactly your forte back in grade school, eh? I'm assuming grade school because you have all the eloquence that someone with just that sort of education might possess.

As if young teens don't have access to the internet, or the newspaper. And Glenn Beck is no more a source of "national coverage of politics" than CNN, local news, or-here's one- FUCKING GOOGLE. It's not like this is just one person saying it, Marv, it's EVERYONE in the thread. You're a headache and a nuisance to the thread. Please, do us a favor and stop posting so damn much.

I said I check the internet, which last time I checked includes google. I doubt it very seriously that any teenagers are reading the paper on a daily basis..

And for all the Glenn Beck hate at least he devotes a majority of his 4 hours daily to actual political issues and not garbage about what Britney Spears is doing 24/7.

Guest Blue Man Czech
Can we please stop paying attention to Marvin and pay attention to the topic at hand?

With all due respect, Gary, it's not as if subtracting Marvin from the thread would instantly yield serious and hard-hitting political analysis from the TSM panel of experts.

Eh, I'm pretty much fighting a losing battle, aren't I?

I said I check the internet, which last time I checked includes google.

Mostly because when you check the internet, you misquote and completely misinterpret whatever you found.

I doubt it very seriously that any teenagers are reading the paper on a daily basis..

You can find it online nowadays anyways. I read the paper on a consistent basis in High School. I'm a bit odd, but kids are a lot more politically active nowadays than they were back in the 90s. Not only that, but using a fucking grade school comparison is beyond inane.

And for all the Glenn Beck hate at least he devotes a majority of his 4 hours daily to actual political issues and not garbage about what Britney Spears is doing 24/7.

Did Rush change his programming recently to cover these sorts of things? Wait, I think you're just talking out your ass. Yeah, that's it. That's like saying "Say what you will, but Jim Rome devotes most of his show to sports stuff instead of this stupid primary bullshit." That's his fucking job, you half-wit. And we never questioned the quantity in which he shovels political bullshit in comparison to other bullshit, but the fact that he's shoveling bullshit in the first place.

You shouldn't even consider talking about 15-year olds until your critical reasoning age reaches double digits.

Hillary is asking for a debate in Wisconsin. Never a good sign when you start asking for debates.

McCain wont even be close in November if Obama gets the nomination.

Someone needs to tell the news anchors around here o start doing their jobs then cause I wanna throw something through the tv every time our local news decides Britney Spears is 6 pm newsworthy..

oh and 9 term Maryland 1rst district Rep. Republican Wayne Gilchrest is going to lose to Andy Harris..kinda shocked..

Hillary is winng the count I live in by total votes anyway.

Guest Blue Man Czech

Okay. What do you fucking want out of this thread. What can "Campaign 2008 begins, led unfortunately by Hillary Clinton" do for you, and what should "Campaign 2008 begins, led unfortunately by Hillary Clinton" be for us?

Ask not what "Campaign 2008 begins, led unfortunately by Hillary Clinton" can do for you, ask what you can do for "Campaign 2008 begins, led unfortunately by Hillary Clinton".

Okay. What do you fucking want out of this thread.

A man named Shecky to post. That's all I really want Czech.

Guest Blue Man Czech

The misplaced modifier in the subtitle gives me fits. "Unfortunately, led by Hillary Clinton" would've been better.

Evan Bayh, will run and win.

Simpler times.

Hey, as a quick aside, let's recognize Russ Feingold for not supporting this bullshit wiretap legislation. I think it passed, what, 69-29?

Feingold is the only one trying sometimes.

There were quite a few people here that were inexplicably enamored with Evan Bayh. Pretty funny.

Marvin, I've got a class full of 15 year old European History students (both conservatives & liberals) who I would trust much more with suffrage than you.

how the hell does a 15 year old know their political affiliation?

I remember when I voted for Ross Perot in my Elementary School Election 16 years ago because I liked his cool charts.

Because normal 15 year olds of the 21st (And even the 20th) Century are, as proven by most psychologists, able to understand laws, morals, and the consequences that come with them. Comparing them to you thinking Perot's charts were cool designs to put on your helmet is the sort of retardation... well, that we've come to expect from you.

I dont think many 15 year olds even have a grasp of the problems facing the US today..

Yeah but neither do you and you're how old?

So I was watching CNN today and they cut between Obama and McCain giving speeches and my immediate reaction was how old and uninspiring McCain seemed when stacked up next to Obama. When it comes down to charisma, Obama completely slaughters McCain.

Now whether charisma matters at all...

We should be putting more emphasis on the contents of the speech instead of the delivery of the speech. its like buying a cheap $.50 piece of crap and paying $5 for it because it comes in a nice pretty package..you could get the same cheap $.50 piece of crap for $.50 if it came in a crappy package but no one will buy it..put it in a spiffy expensive looking package and people will be all over it even if the product itself is still crap.

If we as Americans did that Obama wouldnt be even close to where he is today because he doesnt really have that much substance behind what he says aside from hope and change..I like that he called himself a hopemonger..thats what he is haha.

For all I hate about Mccain, at least hes put most of what he believes on the major issues out on the table in a "take it or leave it" manner..and I suppose thats whats gotten him to where he is. Its a shame hes absolutely wrong on about 90% of them but at least hes put it out there.

What will kill Obama in the general election is an apaprent unwillingness to fight dirty.

The "Obama was raised a muslim and is trying to hide it" thing is already widely believed, though proven false. I see references to it EVERY DAY on the internet.

Campaigns are about creating a fog, an impression around a candidate, Just like 2004's campaign message was essentially "Kerry's kind of a pussy", hammered in so many different ways (I'll make a list if you want), hell it actually started WAY early during the primaries with the "he looks french" comment.... this one is going to be "Obama isn't a real american".

-In the general election, you watch, there will be a few opportune public references to Obama being raised a muslim.....

-lots of "reminders" that his middle name is Hussein

-remember the attempt at controversy about how he didn't wear his American flag pin?

-Him not putting his hand on his chest for the stars and stripes?

-George W's rare comment the other day about how he is going to "embrace" Iran's president?

-lots of people referencing the FOX News story as proof... why do you think they never retracted it? It's laying seeds for the general election

-I bet money a prominent figure "accidentally" refers to him as Osama just once, at the right time to get plastered on Drudge. I'm not talking about misspeaking like ted kennedy, I'm talking about, "misspeaking" if you catch my drift.

-Add to this the fact that by forcefully denying the claims (which you have to do or it'll stick) actually feeds the feelings that it's so bad if it were true.

Mark my words, Obama's losing because of prejudice, just not the kind people are focused on now.

Sign in to follow this