TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BHK

The OAO Raw thread for 08.01.05

What's that "RAW beats Gunsmoke" stuff at the bottom of the screen?

RAW just tonight surpassed Gunsmoke for the most original episodes for a weekly fictional program.

Which is bullshit because there have been other wrestling shows (also fictional) with more episodes than Raw.

Is it just me or was Masters kinda sloppy when he just dropped Shelton from a sideslam position? Ditto for the follow-up knee to the back.

Why was Shelton not put in Eugene's position as the guy to beat Angle for the medals?

I'd much rather watch Angle v. Benjamin for the next 3 months while Eugene the retard breaks the Masterlock as the lower card comedy storyline.

Again, 8 new writers and I just came up with something better in about 5 fuckin minutes.

I'm sorry, but not really.

Yea, I love wrestling as much as the next smark, but I think I'm gonna be more entertained by Eugene/Angle then I would have by Shelton/Angle. And I think the same could probaly be said for a lot of people.

Would Shelton/Angle be better in ring? Of course, but a feud, especially when Shelton can't really talk still over 'I won your gold medals, Shut up you suck, I won your gold medals, Shut up you suck, etc' wouldn't be as entertaining.

You mean like that wildly unentertaining feud Kurt had with Benoit 2 years ago? You know, the one where 99% of it was based on stuff that happened IN the ring.

What was I thinking? In ring feud wouldn't work with a guy like Kurt.

I cant believe I'm gonna say this but this is actually a pretty decent tag match considering who's all in it. Even Snitsky isn't green as all hell.

Guest *KNK*

I can't believe a 10 minute Masters/Snitsky/TBS match hasnt been all that crappy.

What's that "RAW beats Gunsmoke" stuff at the bottom of the screen?

RAW just tonight surpassed Gunsmoke for the most original episodes for a weekly fictional program.

But the past 3 weeks were virtually identical...

Well Gunsmoke was on tv for 20+ years...so does that make Hulk Hogan = Dodge City Marshall Matt Dillion and JR = Festus and Moolah = Ms. Kitty?

I can't believe a 10 minute Masters/Snitsky/TBS match hasnt been all that crappy.

Yah this is easily the best match I've seen either Masters or Snitsky involved in before. Masters is actually half interesting for ONCE with that wicked closeline on Shelton.

Why doesn't Masters CONSTANTLY fight for the Masterlock. He would put it on fresh guys who were in a chair and they couldn't get out, but he thinks that Shelton, who is winded, won't go down to it like he did last week? Shit, if I had a submission that nobody EVER got out of, i'd have that shit locked on all the time.

Why was Shelton not put in Eugene's position as the guy to beat Angle for the medals?

I'd much rather watch Angle v. Benjamin for the next 3 months while Eugene the retard breaks the Masterlock as the lower card comedy storyline.

Again, 8 new writers and I just came up with something better in about 5 fuckin minutes.

I'm sorry, but not really.

Yea, I love wrestling as much as the next smark, but I think I'm gonna be more entertained by Eugene/Angle then I would have by Shelton/Angle. And I think the same could probaly be said for a lot of people.

Would Shelton/Angle be better in ring? Of course, but a feud, especially when Shelton can't really talk still over 'I won your gold medals, Shut up you suck, I won your gold medals, Shut up you suck, etc' wouldn't be as entertaining.

You mean like that wildly unentertaining feud Kurt had with Benoit 2 years ago? You know, the one where 99% of it was based on stuff that happened IN the ring.

What was I thinking? In ring feud wouldn't work with a guy like Kurt.

I was just watching a tape from that time period earlier. And in the build up to that match, there was a lot more stuff then just Benoit/Angle though. It had to do with Benoit facing off against tEam Angle, and the way Angle was constantly using his crutches on Edge..and then Benoit, needless to say, they had a lot more things to do to build up that match...which culminated in a great match...then they do now with a one on one Shelton/Angle match. Which, while the final result would be good, I'm sure the build up wouldn't be so much.

Why doesn't Masters CONSTANTLY fight for the Masterlock. He would put it on fresh guys who were in a chair and they couldn't get out, but he thinks that Shelton, who is winded, won't go down to it like he did last week?  Shit, if I had a submission that nobody EVER got out of, i'd have that shit locked on all the time.

You are talking psychology, which Masters may not have covered since he was called up so early.

Way better match than it had any right to be.

Shelton should pin Masters in a half built up feud to give a little substance to jumpstart another Benjamin push.

You know what would really shocking and hilarious? If Moolah/Mae Young came out to proposition Rob Schneider.

Who would ever see that coming?

Shelton should pin Masters in a half built up feud to give a little substance to jumpstart another Benjamin push.

This week/last week has been to set up Show/Masters at Summerslam.

They obviously don't have a clue what to do with Shelton.

Huh... I already liked the other three guys, but Snitsky didn't make me hate him in that match.

I'd like to see Big Show have a program with Triple H. So long as its not for a championship, it'd be cool.

You know what would really shocking and hilarious?  If Moolah/Mae Young came out to proposition Rob Schneider. 

Who would ever see that coming?

You, which means OF COURSE it'll happen.

I usually suck with predictions, so hopefully this means by me saying it it won't happen.

This week/last week has been to set up Show/Masters at Summerslam.

They obviously don't have a clue what to do with Shelton.

I cant believe I'm gonna want Masters to go over there - what a shit match that is for SS, hopefully a Heat match?

Guest Trecko

If they played off their history, and possibly even if they kept Haas around, I'm sure the angle would've played off decently in its build. Definitely not the humor Eugene/Angle would provide, but it wouldn't SUCK. And that's from someone that HATES Benjamin with a passion.

And as I'm saying that, I call Angle coming out with a wig pretending to be someone else in the Eugene Invitational.

These Chicken Fries are too Xtreme and Hardcore for me. I'm too whitebread and uncool to eat them. It's why I never drink Mountain Dew.

BRB, going to get a glass of nice white, white milk and a slice of white, white bread.