TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

Test markets...

I live in Toronto and it seems like we're a test market for most kinds of junk. Mostly chocolate bars that I've noticed.

Let's see...

· Aero: Regular, Mint, Orange, Thick, Thick w/Caramel.

· Kit-Kat: Regular, Dark, White, French Vanilla, Thick, Thick w/Peanut Butter and lately I've been seeing Stawberry, Banana & Orange varities.

· Coffee Crisp: Regular, Dark, Latte [ie: white chocolate], French Vanilla, Mocca, Orange.

Hell, even Smarties have about 5 different varieties of their stuff out right now. And it seems like most of them are successful because they never seem to disappear.

Now if I only I'd get off my ass to get that filling replaced so I could actually try one of the above. :P

Pepsi seems to like Denver. It seems they test a lot of their new soda here, including Crystal Pepsi, Josta (I think) and Storm. Coke's OK Soda was also tested here.

I kept seeing commercials for... wait for it: "Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper" ...but could never find any of it in stores. They even had a song for it, heh.

Aero is a Canadian/British chocolate bar.

As for the thick, or chunky. They're "thicker" in terms of "height" than the regular bars... but when you work it out, the bar is thinner width-wise, so it works out to be the same amount of chocolate, I bet.

Regular: http://www.nestle.co.za/images/products/Ae...lk_100g_new.gif

Thick: http://www.satooz.com/images/aerochunk.gif

Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper's everywhere and it's popular as all hell around here.

I'm still looking for the fruit flavored Kit-Kat's though.

McDonalds likes to test in Lincoln. Just recently they built a "3-in-1 McDonalds" Where they have the regular fast food part, a special ice cream/ desert part, and a sit down restaurant area complete with waiters.

Also a few years back they tested McDonalds spaghettii and McDonalds Pizza, i never tried them, i didn't live in lincoln at the time.

Spaghetti by McDonalds really scares me. I remember the pizza.. that was some gross shit. It was like they used ketchup for the tomato sauce. *gag*