TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slickster

Unforgiven Poster Revealed

Though it was posted way too early, I like that poster.

It seems like a poster you'd see in...well..an actual fight (Boxing, UFC or something like that). Almost gives it a big match feel.

OK, I could be exagurating on that, but still.

Maybe they aren't going against eachother. Maybe it's just saying "Raw has a champion and a gold medalist". Or maybe they're a new tag team.

You never know...but yeah...probably a match. That should be fun I guess.

I wouldn't put too much stock into this poster. Mostly because it's not that hard to change photos and fonts around to reflect who's champ when the actual PPV happens. But also because it looks sorely amateurish and could be a fake.

I agree with the UFC style poster comparison. There is something to be said about the format being very similar.

I want to know why the WWE thinks I will pay to see a contest I have already seen three times before and have already seen once earlier this year on PPV already when it was only a rung below main event where Cena won clean. The fact the draft has clearly made no difference is sad. Same shit, different brand.

I agree with the UFC style poster comparison. There is something to be said about the format being very similar.

I want to know why the WWE thinks I will pay to see a contest I have already seen three times before, have already seen once earlier this year on PPV already when it was only a rung below main event where Cena won clean.

Because then it was on Smackdown

This time it's on Raw.

Plus, it's for the title now.

A belt shot instead of the number one contendership and a chance for a shot at the belt... dear God, what a difference, where is my pre-order button for PPV? What a cynical fool I was. ;)

A belt shot instead of the number one contendership and a chance for a shot at the belt... dear God, what a difference, where is my pre-order button for PPV? What a cynical fool I was.  ;)

Sorry, I forgot </WWE Voice> when I typed that.

Though it was posted way too early, I like that poster.

It seems like a poster you'd see in...well..an actual fight (Boxing, UFC or something like that). Almost gives it a big match feel.

OK, I could be exagurating on that, but still.

Yes it does. Hope we get the boxing face-offs, face-down and start-off. When was the last time we got those?

Maybe they aren't going against eachother. Maybe it's just saying "Raw has a champion and a gold medalist". Or maybe they're a new tag team.

You never know...but yeah...probably a match. That should be fun I guess.

I doubt that those 2 would form a tag team together. And I doubt that the WWE would have a PPV on without the Brand's title being defended. So if anything, it *maybe* the latter.

I always wonder how these posters get out a month and a half before the event.

Pretty much makes the outcome of SummerSlam a given doesnt it. Great job Vince, way to go to get SS buys :bonk:

That poster looks awesome. I can't remember the last time I was impressed by a WWE PPV poster. Like others have said, it lends a big fight image to the, rumored, match between John Cena and Kurt Angle. The match will probably happen and at least it will mean a good match for Cena as the two seem to work well together.

The ladder match (gold medals/WWE title) is an interesting idea, but here's another that I saw on an NWA: TNA show. It was an early outing with Ken Shamrock vs. Sabu in a ladder vs. submission match. The match itself ended up not being that great since they didn't do nearly enough cool stuff with those stips.

How about Angle/Cena with those stips? You could have all sorts of cool submission stuff involving the ladder, and you know the finish would have to be Cena climbing the ladder and Kurt getting the anklelock, with Cena either grabbing the title before he taps or being THIS close to the belt but not reaching it before tapping.

Guest *KNK*

Pretty much makes the outcome of SummerSlam a given doesnt it. Great job Vince, way to go to get SS buys :bonk:

No one is buying SS for Cena/Jericho or Angle/Eugene.

The bulk of the show's push is behind Hogan/HBK

that is the "draw".

No one is buying SS for Cena/Jericho or Angle/Eugene.

The bulk of the show's push is behind Hogan/HBK

that is the "draw".

I know what the draw is. But whats the point in dropping a huge hint as to who is going to win their respective matches? Isnt wrestling supposedly about suspending belief.

^^^ Hey maybe the fact that THESE POSTERS ARE NEVER FINAL AND HAVE BEEN CHANGED BEFORE!

Jesus, will you people believe anything you're given?

^^^ Hey maybe the fact that THESE POSTERS ARE NEVER FINAL AND HAVE BEEN CHANGED BEFORE!

Jesus, will you people believe anything you're given?

I never said I believed it. Im just commenting on what Im presented with. People said the Batista-HHH poster with the Cell in the background was fake but . . .

HHH/Batista in a HIAC was true so...what's the point anyways to bring the poster out so damn quickly? Yeah you want the PPV to sell BUT when you bring it out the other PPV gets less buys because they just gave away two damn matches. I see no point in doing this.

Second of all Angle/Cena will probably be a match without a stipulation because there have been too many gimmicked main events on PPV lately and Angle can carry Cena to a decent match anyways. I wouldn't mind Angle winning the WWE Title as well.

HHH/Batista in a HIAC was true so...what's the point anyways to bring the poster out so damn quickly? Yeah you want the PPV to sell BUT when you bring it out the other PPV gets less buys because they just gave away two damn matches. I see no point in doing this.

My point exactly.

Second of all Angle/Cena will probably be a match without a stipulation because there have been too many gimmicked main events on PPV lately and Angle can carry Cena to a decent match anyways. I wouldn't mind Angle winning the WWE Title as well.

That's the smartest thing I've read in this entire thread.

I really don't understand what they're thinking in releasing these posters when they spoil results of a major PPV that is happening in the meantime. Same thing with when they start advertising on local TV and radio in a city where a future PPV will be held. They've spoiled plenty of PPV main events too.

Invariably, somebody will always come on here and say "It could be FAKE~!" but invariably, it's not. No, instead, it's just their own short-sightedness trying to sell an extra 200 tickets to a PPV.

With the Internet and global communication as strong as it is in this day and age, I cannot understand how they think this is a good idea. And then, WWE gets pissed at "smarks" when, in fact, they're shooting themselves in the foot.

I'd love nothing more than for somebody to smuggle one of these Unforgiven posters into SummerSlam and hold it up right on camera during one of the main event matches.

It'll be interesting to see how Angle goes from midcard comedy act feuding with a mental handicapped to serious WWE title contender within a few weeks.

And people still don't get why two wrestlers just can't fight each other to "move up the ranks".

Guest Brian
The ladder match (gold medals/WWE title) is an interesting idea, but here's another that I saw on an NWA:  TNA show.  It was an early outing with Ken Shamrock vs. Sabu in a ladder vs. submission match.  The match itself ended up not being that great since they didn't do nearly enough cool stuff with those stips. 

How about Angle/Cena with those stips?  You could have all sorts of cool submission stuff involving the ladder, and you know the finish would have to be Cena climbing the ladder and Kurt getting the anklelock, with Cena either grabbing the title before he taps or being THIS close to the belt but not reaching it before tapping.

I think that would suck. I'm not trying to be mean, but I don't think the submissions are going to be all that good for a ladder match. Sure it gives them feeling and purpose, but I think it takes away alot of the ladder gimmick and I don't think the crowd's going to buy a lot of the submissions. I also feel that they're going to shoot for too many contrived-looking spots. I just think it's too challenging a match for either of these guys to work with. The real problem is in a match where you're looking to get a ladder in the ring and then you put a submission gimmick on top of that, it really looks like you're bringing in two different goals of the match that don't really match up that well.

Guest xSarahx

I like that poster. Looks like they broke the streak of Kane being on Unforgiven posters.