TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

This Week in Baseball

I want to give David Wright a handjob. He's going to be a superstar.

:lol:

Well said.

Great game for the Mets. Benson turns in a splendid performance (8 1/3 IP, 4 H, 1 BB, 1 ER) and Wright goes 4 for 5 with 6 RBIs. Score ends up at 9-1 in a nice bounceback from yesterday.

Also, the A's - Angels game has been great so far. The fans are spectacular.

With that September schedule, the Phillies are gonna need a 12 game lead in the Wild Card heading into that month. It's ridiculous. They can't defeat the Astros or NL East...and it's all them.

Fortunately, I'll be dressing up in costume for "Latino Family Celebration Night" as the stadium, complete with sombrero, poncho, and maracas, with friends on Sept. 7th, in hopes of a victory. No less insulting than the Padilla Flotilla, methinks.

Thank God for rain in Chicago right now. Maybe it'll get rained out so that the Cubs won't stumble through another loss and we won't be subjected to Jose Macias LEADING OFF while Matt Murton toils away in the seven hole.

Fuckin' Dusty...

I'm sorry to say that it's not merely conjecture Czech.

The lineup posted on MLB.com Gameday (which is showing 'rain delay'):

Macias, RF

Perez, 2B

Lee, 1B

Ramirez, 3B

Garciaparra, SS

Barrett, C

Murton, LF

Patterson, CF

Maddux, P

Jays ended up winning 2-1. They've won 3 in a row but haven't been able to pull together a major winning streak all season. The lack of more veteran leadership is the cause I think as the team is very young. It's still frustrating to see them win 3 in a row then lose 3 in a row and repeat the process.

I think at this point, I need to just enjoy Pat and Ron as a commentary team since this team's goin' nowhere.

Just now, after Ron describes how to break in a glove, Pat: "Wow. Spitting, leather, oil, that sounds like a party! Good times!"

Not at all. That's the worst baseball collision I've seen, live or otherwise.

Both men are out of the game, and Cameron looks to be seriously hurt.

Terrible game for the Mets. Their road hitting reverts to its usual shitty self, wasting a great start from Glavine, and I wouldn't be surprised if Cameron's out for the year.

Terrible game for the Mets. Their road hitting reverts to its usual shitty self, wasting a great start from Glavine, and I wouldn't be surprised if Cameron's out for the year.

Thankfully, the update so far on Cameron is two broken teeth and a concussion. It looked much worse, though.

Guest Fishyswa

I haven't seen the collision yet, but my scumbag local news actually teased the collision, showing the video in slow mo right before they collided, saying 'see what happened at 10'. So disgusting.

And why does A-rod seem to be striking out so much lately?!