TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Carnival

Sid and released WWE talent heading in?

-Sid has expressed interest in coming to TNA. Friends close to him say a deal has been set in stone. I have been told that a deal has not been finalized yet. Sid would debut at TNA's Sacrifice pay-per-view or the following month.

Credit: WrestlingObserver Newsletter

I hope this isn't true. LAME. All i can say is Break a Leg Sid!

-D-Von Dudley was on Monday Mayhem (on AudioWrestling.com) this past Monday night and D-Von confirmed to the hosts that the Dudley's and TNA are talking about the Dudley's coming to TNA when they are legally able to. In the interview, D-Von Dudley said that he expects that the Dudley's WILL be in TNA. D-Von also said that the Dudley's wants to go to Japan as well.

- Terry Funk was contacted about teaming with Raven in the main event at the 8/14 Sacrifice, but the date coincided with Funk's wedding annivesary.

- TNA is considering bring in Billy Kidman and Chris Kanyon.

credit: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

I'm sure they are talking with the likes of Haas and other fired dudes too.

Guest Desperate Housewife

The queation is....they've had how long to hire Kanyon and they haven't already? The company is in dire need to talented heavyweights

Good move to whoever combined the 2 topics.

TNA needs good heavyweights, they also need a secondary heavyweight title. Like a TV title.

Sid is useless IMO. He still has a big, scary guy aura but as HTQ pointed out, as soon as he is asked to job, he'll bolt.

I'd like for them to get Kanyon, but see Jarrett as a problem. Kanyon is obviously a better heel than face, but since Jarrett won't allow anyone to be booked stonger than him as a heel, it kind of sucks the wind out of that sail. Since Kanyon has been away for awhile now, him coming back will be somewhat fresh and he is good enough to where he will have good matches. The question is will those matches be on top. I'd hate for a guy as good as Kanyon to be second fiddle to Jarrett.

Guest Coffey

Sid isn't that bad if you protect him. Sort of like his run in ECW. He's a former World Champion in both WCW and WWF. That and his name give him legitimacy. That being said, he's never been a good worker, and he never will be. He'll obviously dwarf anyone on the roster. He'd be best in a bodyguard sort of role, where he can randomly interfere with Chokeslams and Powerbombs. If that's all he could be used for, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be worth the money to bring in.

I hope I haven't seen the last of the Dudley Boyz. Great tag team. Great tag team finisher. Heat magnets.

Funk needs to retire (again). No one cares about him.

TNA should've brough in Kanyon a long time ago. I don't really care about Kidman. He's always been outshined by other cruisers.

I hope I haven't seen the last of the Dudley Boyz. Great tag team. Great tag team finisher. Heat magnets.

Funk needs to retire (again). No one cares about him.

Other than the word (again) you could have said the same thing about the Dudleys as you did about Funk, IMHO.

Sid has to be better than Trytan, Lance Hoyt, Apollo, Sonny Saki.

Sid is worse than them...but Apollo is pretty close to Sid in terms of immobility(sp?). The only difference between them is that Apollo can do a superkick.

I'd only give him a couple shows to put over someone else as the new MONSTER!!!!1 ie: Abyss.

Which would result in Sid walking out. Sid isn't going to put anyone over.

Hence only one or two matches, he'd walk out.

But he wouldn't put anyone over in those matches, which cancels out the idea of having him put someone else over.

I hate to suggest a VKM-level doublecross, but why not tell Sid that there's going to be 3 matches. One's a DCO/DDQ. The second is one that Abyss is going over, but tell Sid that he'll get the J.O.B. back in the third ... and then just never schedule the third match?

I hate to suggest a VKM-level doublecross, but why not tell Sid that there's going to be 3 matches.  One's a DCO/DDQ.  The second is one that Abyss is going over, but tell Sid that he'll get the J.O.B. back in the third ... and then just never schedule the third match?

Even if he thinks he is getting the win back in the third match, Sid still wouldn't put Abyss over the right way in the second match. He'd kick out right at the three count or pull some stunt like that. In any event, Sid can't sell for shit, so it's not like he has the ability to put Abyss over, even if he was willing to.

That's a big NO to bringing in Sid. TNA has literally a dozen guys they could bring in to contribute, so why waste time with a washed up hoss who can't work and won't put anyone over? It's bad enough that TNA has to deal with the ego shit from JJ, so why get another name wrestler who's gonna give them the same problem?

Fuck Sid. TNA should focus more on getting the Dudleyz, Kidman, Moore, Haas, Kanyon, and maybe one more run out of Terry Motherfucking Funk.

-D-Von Dudley was on Monday Mayhem (on AudioWrestling.com) this past Monday night and D-Von confirmed to the hosts that the Dudley's and TNA are talking about the Dudley's coming to TNA when they are legally able to. In the interview, D-Von Dudley said that he expects that the Dudley's WILL be in TNA. D-Von also said that the Dudley's wants to go to Japan as well.

I don't know if this is a good or bad thing for TNA.

On one hand the Dudley Boyz are a well known tag team, will probably attract some attention and get people watching and will be given the chance to mix it up with other teams in fresh matches. After all the Dudleyz got pretty stale towards the end of their WWE run.

On the other hand, I don't think TNA should be bring in vetrans who, in my opinion, suck when they have a good bunch of young, talent guys on the roster. I don't want them to end up like WCW with a bunch of old guys on top while the more talented guys go to waste.

I used to be somewhat of a Sid mark. I think he was actually pretty decent during his WWF Title run, but that's just me.

I was under the impression Sid couldn't even wrestle anymore due to his injuries. Has he been working any shows recently?

Bringing in the Dudleys would no doubt be a good thing. Their name recognition alone can do a lot for TNA. Yea, younger wrestlers should be pushed, but the tag division needs a little spicing up as well. No reason not to be able to do both.

The NWA badly needs to cut any ties with guys who were headlining WCW near the end, and this includes guys like Sid. I'd say it's obvious by the .15 buyrates WCW was drawing that Sid doesn't bring much to the table.

What they need to do is push a very different and fresh array of talent. Those guys won't have the stigma of either being released by WWE or headlining the waning days of WCW. Or well, to modify that I might sign the Duds or Kanyon but wouldn't use them as my absolute top guys.

Sid has to be better than Trytan, Lance Hoyt, Apollo, Sonny Saki.

Sid is worse than them...but Apollo is pretty close to Sid in terms of immobility(sp?). The only difference between them is that Apollo can do a superkick.

Yeah, because I have seen Sid doing planchas to the floor. Please. Sid is WAY worse than all of them.

Sid wasn't good at all in his final WCW days. That was nearly 5 years ago, before a near-career ending broken leg. The equation of poor worker+advanced age+devastating injury+not many matches in the last few years+shitty attitude=a dreadful investment for TNA, especially when the money could bring in a younger, more talented, more charismatic wrestler (let's face it, Sid's mic skills were dreadful, no matter how funny the nonsense he spewed was) to help advance the company.

-Sid has expressed interest in coming to TNA. Friends close to him say a deal has been set in stone. I have been told that a deal has not been finalized yet. Sid would debut at TNA's Sacrifice pay-per-view or the following month.

Credit: WrestlingObserver Newsletter

I hope this isn't true. LAME. All i can say is Break a Leg Sid!

Since it hasnt been said, this isnt the Sid Im thinking about is it? Or at least isnt the Sid I hope it isnt.

- Terry Funk was contacted about teaming with Raven in the main event at the 8/14 Sacrifice, but the date coincided with Funk's wedding annivesary.

- TNA is considering bring in Billy Kidman and Chris Kanyon.

credit: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

I'm sure they are talking with the likes of Haas and other fired dudes too.

Not sure whether its a good thing.

Thank god for that.

About time wrt Kanyon.

Good move to whoever combined the 2 topics.

TNA needs good heavyweights, they also need a secondary heavyweight title. Like a TV title.

NWA North American Heavyweight Title anybody?

I hate to suggest a VKM-level doublecross, but why not tell Sid that there's going to be 3 matches.  One's a DCO/DDQ.  The second is one that Abyss is going over, but tell Sid that he'll get the J.O.B. back in the third ... and then just never schedule the third match?

Even if he thinks he is getting the win back in the third match, Sid still wouldn't put Abyss over the right way in the second match. He'd kick out right at the three count or pull some stunt like that. In any event, Sid can't sell for shit, so it's not like he has the ability to put Abyss over, even if he was willing to.

Fine then, offer him 5 matches. The 1st 3 as nlxsk said. Plus add the last 2 as squashes with Sid going over big time. Do number 2 and dont schedule the rest.

Guest Biggles

Taken from Torch:

Kevin Nash is currently weighing his options and working on a side project. He is on a 'leave of absence' from the company but does feel that TNA is a fun place to work. They work with him on his schedule and things have gone smoothly. It wouldn't shock us to see Nash, and possibly but not likely, Scott Hall, return as a part of TNA's Spike TV debut. Talks with Sting among others will likely pick up soon as well. TNA wants to go all out with their national TV debut. We'll have to wait and see and we'll keep you posted