TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Arnold_OldSchool

The Thundercats are being remade

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

DVD MB had a thread about this. All it said was it would be edgier and anime inspired.

I can only assume this is the article being referenced.

It looks like WB may have something up their sleeves. It's been rumored recently that the studio is working on a remake of the seminal 80's toon, ThunderCats. The new show's look might be similar to The Batman, reflecting an edgier, anime-inspired style. Supposedly, pre-production is in the ongoing and it may be scheduled for broadcast sometime in late 2006. There have been no official announcements as of yet.

I love ThunderCats, but I have a feeling this is gonna be awful. The Batman being cited as an example of the new look and the results of all these other recent cartoon remakes doesn't give me hope.

This is nothing. There's going to be an anime version of "The Powerpuff Girls" soon from Toei called "Powerpuff Girls Go"

Guest JMA
So basically, just like the Masters of the Universe remake?

That was probably one of my favorite cartoon remakes. It's too bad the show was cancelled. :(

Anyway, how can they make Thundercats "anime inspired"? It was anime inspired in the first place (like like Transformers).

This is nothing. There's going to be an anime version of "The Powerpuff Girls" soon from Toei called "Powerpuff Girls Go"

It's already out in Japan from what I heard.

They just have to dub it.

...to be honest, it looks more fun than the original version. :P

EDIT: As for New Thundercats....let's just hope they make Mumm-Ra seem more evil than bumbling. ...they did it for Skeletor to an extent in the new He-Man series, why not Mumm-Ra?

Guest Reservoir_Kitty

The new He-Man series was an abomination, as was X-Men: Evolution.

...Stop ruining my childhood! :angry:

Yes, I like anime, but things from the 80s/90s don't need to be remade into that style to cash in on the anime craze.

I loved Thundercats as a wee one and would really rather not see this happen. So I'll just ignore it and buy the DVDs when they come out.

The new He-Man series was an abomination, as was X-Men: Evolution.

Quiet, you...

X-Men: Evolution was much better than that crappy 90's version.

...though I can't agree with this either

First Voltron, now this. What's next? M.A.S.K? Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors?

Galaxy Rangers? :angry:

...and the furry community rejoices. :P

Yes it was. The 90s show doesn't hold up at all, unlike say Batman: TAS.

Agreed. I saw some of 'em on Toon Disney, and the animation and dialogue seem a lot worse than I remember, but I still watch BTAS all the time on DVD.

Guest JMA

X-Men Evolution got MUCH better after the first season. Characters that were relatively minor in the comics (like Avalanche) were given actual personalities. The plots and voice-acting were good as well.

The latest Masters of the Universe was just phenomenal. It was leagues ahead of the original in quality (which isn't a knock against the original).

Guest Reservoir_Kitty

I still like the 90's version. I'll admit, it's not as good as I thought it was back then - I'd literally drop everything to watch it - now, if I catch it, I'm happy, but if I don't, hey, whatever.

The animation's kinda crappy and some of the voices aren't as good as they could be, but that's what I grew up with, and I'm a stodgy bastard that way.

I guess I just didn't like Evolution because I was used to the X-Men being adults and not angsty teens. I watched a few episodes and just gave up on it.

I didn't like the teenagers in high school aspect of Evolution. It just seemed like a cheap hook largely capitalizing on the primetime drama trends at the time. It turned me off completely until I saw a few episodes sometime later, where they were all on the run, there was more action and it seemed like the high school stuff was written out. Meanwhile, the 90s X-Men stayed more true to the comics, while still adding their own spin to it. The voice acting and animation definitely doesn't hold up, but to me the accuracy there is more important than the gloss of Evolution.

First Voltron, now this. What's next? M.A.S.K? Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors?

Galaxy Rangers?  :angry:

Smurfs.

With Sean Connery as Papa Smurf and Paris Hilton as Smurfette.

There's a live action/cgi Smurfs movie in the making...

Are Sean Connery and Paris Hilton playing Papa Smurf and Smurfette respectively?