TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vampiro69

Hurricane Katrina

On a more serious note, I can't get over how pathetic it is that he wasted valuble air time to spew his own personal opinions. I don't think he understands why is is there, among other things.

I'd rather hear him tell his opinions that are the opinions of a lot of people right now then listen to Mike Myers, Leonardo DiCarpio, and other celebs read off telepromoters unintrested.

Guest Brian
On a more serious note, I can't get over how pathetic it is that he wasted valuble air time to spew his own personal opinions. I don't think he understands why is is there, among other things.

I'd rather hear him tell his opinions that are the opinions of a lot of people right now then listen to Mike Myers, Leonardo DiCarpio, and other celebs read off telepromoters unintrested.

And couldn't they get a better list of musicians together?

No offense, but then you are just as bad as him then.

The point of a fucking telethon is to bring people together, as a whole, to contribute to this horrible event. What he did was divide the viewing public, and hurt their cause by possibly causing people to turn the channel right then and there.

He was there to bring people together, and he spoke out in a way which will do the exact opposite. He has all the time in teh world in the future, on many other forums, to speak out however he wants. Then and there was without a doubt NOT the time or the place to do so.

No offense, but then you are just as bad as him then.

The point of a fucking telethon is to bring people together, as a whole, to contribute to this horrible event. What he did was divide the viewing public, and hurt their cause by possibly causing people to turn the channel right then and there.

He was there to bring people together, and he spoke out in a way which will do the exact opposite. He has all the time in teh world in the future, on many other forums, to speak out however he wants. Then and there was without a doubt NOT the time or the place to do so.

Well first off the country is already divided, in anger and rage, at the way this entire situation has played out so it's not exactly the time to throw together a cheesy telethon in a small studio in Rockerfeller Center with unintrested celebs reading from telepromters, not speaking from the heart, and trying to do good PR and act like everything is all honky-dory when there's still a disaster going on, though I understand they need money and donations as quick as they can so that's a plus

Sure it was the wrong place and the wrong time but it's about time someone on a mainstream level said something about it. And it's Kayne West anyways, man. It's not like people didn't expect something like this to come from him. What West said tonight, whether right or wrong, was at least from the heart.

And watching all these reports outside the Convention Center with Rivera and Smith (on Fox News, mind you) about all these people that aren't getting taken care of...you just wonder about the Federal Government and why everything is taking so long.

I'm in no means saying that if this was 25,000 middle-upper class, white people that every fucking cruise ship in the world would be at the Gulf Coast taking care of all the people and bring them to safety...but this isn't a third-world country and you gotta wonder where the priorities are on saving certain refugees.

Well first off the country is already divided, in anger and rage,

Exactly, which is why it was so fucking stupid of him to try to divide people even more. A telethon like should she be used to show the viewers the troubles that those affected by everything are going through. It is to show the stories that matter. The children without food, the elderly without meds, everyone else without anything whatsoever anymore, have it be they are young, old, black, white, or whatever.

A telethon is not a forum for some asshat to speak his own personal opinions about politics and other petty bullshit, period. There is no excuse for it, and the only good that came from it is that it made me laugh my ass off just because it was so stupid of him, Mike Myers' expression was just gold.

so it's not exactly the time to throw together a cheesy telethon in a small studio in Rockerfeller Center with unintrested celebs reading from telepromters, not speaking from the heart, and trying to do good PR and act like everything is all honky-dory when there's still a disaster going on

I think what these people say, it woul dhave to be from the heart no matter what. With something like this, you'd have to try to not actually care and be sincere in what you say. Yes there is a disaster going on, and it's what should be focused on. Those stories should be told, about the people, not some moron's personal thoughts on the president.

What West said tonight, whether right or wrong, was at least from the ass.

Fixed.

And also, here is what someone from another board posted, and I agree with every word of it:

Such absurd logic at work here. So, we're supposed to believe that Bush has the absolute say so over every single operation, when we all know there's a chain of command to be followed.

We're supposed to believe that when the images of the stranded started appearing on TV, Bush just sat back in his giant evil easychair and said "Mwhahaha! Let's let them suffer a few more days. That'll keep them in line."

It would be political suicide to blatantly let a race of people suffer. The logic would get even more silly since not everyone stranded there is black... which would imply that evil racist President Bush would let his own beloved race suffer just to stick it to the blacks.

Good lord, how ridiculously stupid do you have to be to think that President Bush is not allowing help to reach people because they're black?

The only way people will buy something as stupid as that, is if they are just dying for something else to have against Bush, period. Especially in times like this, people will grab hold of anything that makes sense to "them". It's just like the people who took hold of any number of the 9/11 conspiracies. It's all the same sort of stupid.

Besides, people shouldn't be looking to blame anyone right now, not Bush and not the mayor and not anyone else. All focus should be on helping those affected by this horrible event. People should join together, regardless of politics as many did after 9/11, and use a group effort to set everything straight.

We have plenty of years ahead of us to place blame. For now, we should be trying to just help our fellow man, not looking for the stupidest of things to hold against someone.

While I'm at it, what the hell was up with his:

they've given permission to go down and shoot us

remark?

Yes, because it's a horrible thing to give permission to shoot those cold hearted bastards who have been raping young girls and women, murdering people, taking shots at people trying to help, looting shit like TVs and other nonessential items, and on and on. Why he would group himself, and his race apparently, with that small group of animals, is beyond me.

Does he honestly believe that they gave permission to just go out and shoot all of the black people!? I mean, seriously. That was almost more idiotic than his closing remark.

Just flat out fuck Kanye West.

Guest El Satanico

Funny that you put "looting a tv'" and "raping young girls" on the same level.

Stealing a TV is a shootable offense? riiight

Of course it's not just as bad. But in times like this, when you don't have anywhere to put these piles of shit, you should deal with them equally. This is a very special situation and it calls for the type of action that we usually would not go for.

If someone is willing to take advantage of this horrible event by trying to run off with electronics, I have no problem with them being taken down in order to restore some decent order to the area. I will not shed a tear for a one of em.

Downhome was just making a point that people aren't being shot because they're black, as Kanye West implied they were.

That's exactly right, but I still wouldn't give a shit if they shot people doing any of what I said. These people are showing themselves to be the scum of the Earth.

If anyone believes they are gong to shoot people just because they are black, then I just don't know what to say to that other than you are fucking stupid.

Like I said on the music board, everything Kanye said is right, except for his last statement, which was quite ridiculous. I don't know why you should give a shit about him saying something negative when the dude is probably going to drop a huge amount of money into relief, way more than any of us are. Get your priorities straight.

Like I said on the music board, everything Kanye said is right, except for his last statement, which was quite ridiculous.

Who are "us"? He's not there. Therefore his statement is inherently false.

I want to know who the genius exec was at NBC that stuck a known black racist on live TV amidst a situation with such racial tension as this one. Lose your job. And that overhyped overexposed douchebag shouldn't be allowed near a mic without 7-second delay now.

Like I said on the music board, everything Kanye said is right, except for his last statement, which was quite ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure the government didn't instruct armed forces to enter New Orleans and shoot black people.

You didn't see MSNBC's graphic for Operation: Enter New Orleans And Shoot Black People? It was the official name and everything

Kudos to Kanye.

He had something to say and he made sure to say it where he knew he would get the largest possible audience. It's not going to hurt donations either. Good for him.

If this tragedy happened in upscale white New York or something they would have definitely acted quicker

As commander in chief i believe bush does have authority over the army (or am i on crack?) and could defnitely have pushed the issue. Yes, i know lots of their resources are tied up in Iraq.

Canada has boats packed up and ready to help out, waiting for Bush to ask for our help. Martin told him this yesterday. I don't think they've been sent out or anything.

Read the article with the mayor, but i guess he shouldn't be wasting airtime with his opinion either, he's black

He had something to say and he made sure to say it where he knew he would get the largest possible audience. It's not going to hurt donations either. Good for him.

He said the President doesn't care for black people.

Guest El Satanico

Will Bush play the "I'm not racist, I have a black friend" card and point to Condo

Kanye spoke from the heart... right or wrong in your opinion...he was honest to himself, and to the current beliefs of ALOT of hurting people.

But of course, publicly voicing the thoughts of the victims is wrong so 'fuck kanye west'. ;)

No, I personally dont think Bush hates black people or that the Navy has been ordered to 'kill teh negroes!'...but I cant imagine too many African Americans, or anyone with a conscience, who isnt pretty pissed off that these people (black white whatever) have been allowed to suffer and die this week.

Fuck FEMA. Fuck red tape. Fuck censorship.

Kanye spoke from the heart... right or wrong in your opinion...he was honest to himself, and to the current beliefs of ALOT of hurting people.

But of course, publicly voicing the thoughts of the victims is wrong so 'fuck kanye west'. ;)

It was wrong to take advantage of the situation to make an ignorant statement like that, and plant those seeds in the minds of emotionally fragile people. Now we're just going to have more racial unrest, because people who don't know better are going to act on what he said.

If this tragedy happened in upscale white New York or something they would have definitely acted quicker

No, that's a moronic comment. There aren't nearly as many people in "white" New York as there are in New Orleans, and thus you wouldn't have 1 million damn people without homes.

As commander in chief i believe bush does have authority over the army (or am i on crack?) and could defnitely have pushed the issue. Yes, i know lots of their resources are tied up in Iraq.

You're on crack, the governor activates the National Guard.

Canada has boats packed up and ready to help out, waiting for Bush to ask for our help. Martin told him this yesterday. I don't think they've been sent out or anything.

How exactly are the boats supposed to get to New Orleans in time, tell me. I'd really like to know.

Read the article with the mayor, but i guess he shouldn't be wasting airtime with his opinion either, he's black

Yes, someone who has seen the situation in person is so misinformed. The mayor is an idiot though, because there were 364 buses he could have used to evacuate the city which are now sitting, flooded. What sense does that make?