Sign in to follow this  
Mik

This week in baseball 8/29 - 9/5

Whoa, the NL WC is tight.

1. Marlins

1. Phillies

3. Mets - 0.5 GB

3. Astros - 0.5 GB

And in the GOOD NEWS department, Jeremy Hermida is IN MIAMI! Tomorrow is the deadline for postseason rosters and he is in Florida and sat with Loria in the owner's box tonight. They are trying to determine if his wrist is healthy enough to call him up for the post season roster. In my opinion, they would be fools if they didn't - I honestly think he can push them over the edge.

Y'know, I'm never very comfortable when Urbina comes in. Maybe it was his 1st couple games for the Phillies, where he gave up some HR's and didn't look very good, but ever since then he always makes me hold my breath. Tonight just reinforced it.

Rich Harden had to shut it down after throwing 12 pitches on a side session today and he'll be skipped a second start. Reading between the lines I think the he might be done for the season.

Bobby Kielty, who is about as effective against right handers as I am, hits a homerun in the top of the 11th against K-Rod and the A's win 2-1.

MLB.com reporting that Mark Bellhorn will sign with the Yankees. 

Yanks picking up more Red Sox table scraps- good riddance.

yea that's great Boston loyalty for ya :D

anyhow I assume the only reason they signed him was that he was the only guy available (like the trades for leiter, chacon, lawton)

Hey one loss aint too bad but its tough when the Red Sox refuse to lose. damn tampa bay why cant you beat them up like you do the yankees (my theory is they get up mroe for the yankees than any other team-no shock with Lou at the helm)

Boston does however continues to live by their offense. If that ever fizzles they might be in deep you know what.

of course with a couple of bad pitching days like now and Mussinas trouble the Yankees could be headed in the same direction.

probably better off winning the wildcard as the past 3 WS winners came from that spot. (though the Yankees play better at home this year so the homefield thing is an issue)

just make the playoffs to piss off the haters, thats all I ask

Then maybe the serious retooling they need may start.

but Hey when October rolls around,........anything can happen......in the WWF (

of course with a couple of bad pitching days like now and Mussinas trouble the Yankees could be headed in the same direction.

It's not getting any better with tonight's matchup. Johnson vs. Rodriguez...I may stay up and watch this one. I think Sportsnet Pacific is carrying it.

yea that's great Boston loyalty for ya

Mizark Bellhorn was hitting .213. Graffanino has been more than capable since the trade. Thus, Bellhorn is expendable.

yea that's great Boston loyalty for ya

Mizark Bellhorn was hitting .213. Graffanino has been more than capable since the trade. Thus, Bellhorn is expendable.

I was just being a bit sarcastic. sorry for that. I was just goofing on sports fans tendancy to have a "what have you done for me lately" attitude toward players (as well as getting a cheap shot in at Boston-you know for fun and the rivalry) . Hey I aint innocent in that attitude either. It happens.

It's not getting any better with tonight's matchup. Johnson vs. Rodriguez...I may stay up and watch this one. I think Sportsnet Pacific is carrying it.

Don't you mean Hernandez? And it should be a great game, I haven't seen Felix pitch yet.

Don't you mean Hernandez? And it should be a great game, I haven't seen Felix pitch yet.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Weird game going on right now in Kansas City...the Twins and Royals are in a scoreless tie in the 9th, despite all the Twins hitters getting at least one hit each (12 total hits), and Kyle Lohse pitching a 3-hitter.

To follow up on my earlier post, doesn't this linescore just want to make you beat your head against a wall if you're a Twins fan?

Minnesota    000 000 000 -- 0 13 1
Kansas City  000 000 001 -- 1  5 1

Hey, Randy Johnson has a no-hitter going. How about that? He should just blow through the Mariners for the rest of the game and NOT give up ANY MORE hits for the remaining 4 innings.

Yep, this no-no is in the bag.