TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest stringerbell

WWE news on the Ultimate Warrior DVD

But you could be using that money for something else instead.

Also, it will offer some good matches in DVD quality as well.

As far as I'm concerned, the extras aren't good enough to warrant a purchase.

Warrior vs. Terry Gibbs - Wrestling Challenge 10/24/87

A two-minute squash. Nothing to write home about.

Warrior vs. Honky Tonk Man - Summerslam '88

Another squash. This could easily have been covered in the main feature instead.

Hogan vs. Warrior - Wrestlemania VI

Already have it in DVD quality, so this doesn't do anything for me.

Warrior vs. Rude - Steel Cage Match - Summerslam '90

The match was pretty bad. Again, this does nothing for me.

Warrior vs. Savage - Wrestlemania VII

I can wait until the WM box set is released.

those are the extras? how can this be a 2 disc set then? unless the bio piece is 2 hours of people making fun of warrior. But it's cool if they are telling true stories about him, but if they exxagerate and lie then its not cool to me at least. I mean what can you do when the guy you are profiling is not invvolved in the project?

Vince sure is angry despite the fact that it was he who caused UW to have such a huge ego and threw money at him despite his lack of drawing power. (His 96 stint alone )

in any event it is kinda stupid to put out a dvd of a guy you lead the fans to believe was a nobody and a jerk.

Don't piss off vince I guess

Jeff Jarrett I'm looking at you next. (not that anyone besides a Jarret family member would buy a JJ dvd)

Sadly when I first started watching wrestling I liked UW a hell fo a lot more than Hogan. Hell I owned the warrior wrestling buddy and 2 tshirts. what more can I say? he and bret were the first wrestlers I called my favorites in the WWF.

If they had just ported the UW coliseum video that came out in 89 and added to it to fill up the discs then I would be a whole lot happier.

If this is what they are giving us I'll take a pass on this one untill its in the bargain bin at walmart.

Guest RVB
Also, didn't he say something like "Rick Rude deserved to die"?

When/where did he say this? It seems pretty hard to believe, but its very low if so.

I can't wait for the 50 page rant on Warrior's webpage that says he doesn't care and has moved on.

And then he refutes the DVD line by line.

Making burial DVD's just seems bad for business when you sit down and think about it.

When it comes to getting their revenge, WWE have been known to do worse things than make bad business decisions.

*cough*Invasion*cough*

I was talking about how they pretty much called Lex Luger a murderer after the death of Elizabeth, even though it was clear that her death was accidental.

He did say something like that. I think it was in one of his commentaries. He also took a subtle shot at Brian Pillman in his commentary that talked about this DVD when the news first broke.

Guest JMA

He did say something like that. I think it was in one of his commentaries. He also took a subtle shot at Brian Pillman in his commentary that talked about this DVD when the news first broke.

Don't forget Davey Boy Smith.

To be honest, Warrior deserves this DVD. He deserves to be buried for all the shit he's spewed about his peers and people who disagree with him.

A few extra details on this DVD:

courtesy BBFC - http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classified.n...025707c001b8424

Total length for everything is 185m 53s, so I'd say its not a double disc set as some sites are still saying

n/a SELF DESTRUCTION OF THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR TAPE 1

00:00:36:23 WWE 24 / 7 - WWE ON DEMAND

00:00:16:04 WWE HOME VIDEO

00:00:56:02 WWE TOMBSTONE - THE HISTORY OF THE UNDERTAKER

00:00:47:24 WWE ROAD WARRIORS

00:00:30:05 WWE PLEASE DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME

00:56:45:12 THE SELF-DESTRUCTION OF THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR

n/a SELF DESTRUCTION OF THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR TAPE 2

00:38:02:08 (THE SELF-DESTRUCTION OF THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR)

n/a SELF DESTRUCTION OF THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR DVD EXTRAS

00:02:37:12 WRESTLING CHALLENGE GREEN BAY, WI 10/24/87

00:04:15:05 (ULTIMATE WARRIOR VS HONKY TONY MAN - SUMMERSLAM 1988)

00:31:05:12 (ULTIMATE WARRIOR VS. HULK HOGAN - WRESTLEMANIA VI)

00:14:44:24 (ULTIMATE WARRIORS VS. RICK RUDE - SUMMERSLAM 1990)

00:27:48:21 (ULTIMATE WARRIOR VS. RANDY SAVAGE - WRESTLEMANIA VII)

00:00:45:13 (JERRY LAWLER STORY ABOUT WRESTLING JIM IN MEMPHIS)

00:01:41:05 (WARRIOR UNIVERSITY)

00:00:56:11 (CHRISTIAN IMPRESSION OF WARRIOR PROMO)

00:00:46:10 (TED DIBIASE STORY ABOUT AN AUTOGRAPH SIGNING WITH WARRIOR)

00:00:52:21 (EASTER EGG - DESTRUCITY VIGNETTE - NEWSTAND)

00:00:42:23 (EASTER EGG - DESTRUCITY VIGNETTE - THE GYM)

00:01:40:16 (ULTIMATE WARRIOR - DVD MENU)

A few extra details on this DVD:

courtesy BBFC - http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classified.n...025707c001b8424

Total length for everything is 185m 53s, so I'd say its not a double disc set as some sites are still saying

n/a SELF DESTRUCTION OF THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR TAPE 1

00:00:36:23 WWE 24 / 7 - WWE ON DEMAND

00:00:16:04 WWE HOME VIDEO

00:00:56:02 WWE TOMBSTONE - THE HISTORY OF THE UNDERTAKER

00:00:47:24 WWE ROAD WARRIORS

00:00:30:05 WWE PLEASE DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME

00:56:45:12 THE SELF-DESTRUCTION OF THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR

n/a SELF DESTRUCTION OF THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR TAPE 2

00:38:02:08 (THE SELF-DESTRUCTION OF THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR)

n/a SELF DESTRUCTION OF THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR DVD EXTRAS

00:02:37:12 WRESTLING CHALLENGE GREEN BAY, WI 10/24/87

00:04:15:05 (ULTIMATE WARRIOR VS HONKY TONY MAN - SUMMERSLAM 1988)

00:31:05:12 (ULTIMATE WARRIOR VS. HULK HOGAN - WRESTLEMANIA VI)

00:14:44:24 (ULTIMATE WARRIORS VS. RICK RUDE - SUMMERSLAM 1990)

00:27:48:21 (ULTIMATE WARRIOR VS. RANDY SAVAGE - WRESTLEMANIA VII)

00:00:45:13 (JERRY LAWLER STORY ABOUT WRESTLING JIM IN MEMPHIS)

00:01:41:05 (WARRIOR UNIVERSITY)

00:00:56:11 (CHRISTIAN IMPRESSION OF WARRIOR PROMO)

00:00:46:10 (TED DIBIASE STORY ABOUT AN AUTOGRAPH SIGNING WITH WARRIOR)

00:00:52:21 (EASTER EGG - DESTRUCITY VIGNETTE - NEWSTAND)

00:00:42:23 (EASTER EGG - DESTRUCITY VIGNETTE - THE GYM)

00:01:40:16 (ULTIMATE WARRIOR - DVD MENU)

If you actually read what you posted, you'd see where the feature splits off onto the second disc (or TAPE 2). The main feature will be on Disc 1 and the matches and extras are on Disc 2.

Guest Lawlerm

I'm fairly sure it'll be a single release. WWE have probably submitted it on separate tape reels and thats why it has "Tape 1" and "Tape 2". It makes no sense to cut it down to 3 hours to then spread it over 2 discs. If it was they'd have included more matches.

Guest Ransome
I'm fairly sure it'll be a single release. WWE have probably submitted it on separate tape reels and thats why it has "Tape 1" and "Tape 2". It makes no sense to cut it down to 3 hours to then spread it over 2 discs. If it was they'd have included more matches.

Either that, or it's extremely bad value for a 2-disc set. Granted, there wasn't much instrinsic value in an Ultimate Warrior DVD in the first place, but the variety of WWE talent mocking the Ultimate Warrior should provide some amusement.

Guest jumpingbombangel

I love backstage dirt and it's going to be fun seeing Warrior's name get all muddy. WWE needs to start bringing more GOOD sleaze like this around.

I'll get a hold of some of the impressions later or something, but no way in hell WWE gets a red cent from me on this one. It's a burial DVD.

Sure, Warrior deserves every criticism thrown his way, I just don't think WWE should get my money for their criticism is all.

this sucks.  I really dont get why the summerslam 90 match is on there instead of the 89 one which was loads better (and warrior won his 2nd ic title as well)

They wanted a good Warrior WWF Title defense on the disk, I'm guessing.

Yea I suppose thats right, but no eatser eggs of papa sahngo doing voodoo on him? oh man

I haven't kept up with the release date, so when I went to my dvdaficionado list to add it to my collection, I saw that it wasn't supposed to be released until next Tuesday. If you want it early, then check out your local WalMart. I'll try to watch the main feature tonight sometime, after checking out the matches.

4 matches. I mean, i know the ultimate warrior sucks AND this is a burial...but FOUR matches?

That's pretty funny in a way :)

This is the best hatchet job I've ever seen.

I'm almost sad that I never saw one of his interviews when I was younger.

Almost.

I also have to say that all of the wrestlesr, Jericho especially, are stealing this DVD.

this sucks.  I really dont get why the summerslam 90 match is on there instead of the 89 one which was loads better (and warrior won his 2nd ic title as well)

They wanted a good Warrior WWF Title defense on the disk, I'm guessing.

Yea I suppose thats right, but no eatser eggs of papa sahngo doing voodoo on him? oh man

Don't worry. It's a part of the feature itself :P

I picked this up at Wal-Mart today as well. It is a total burial, but it's not THAT bad. Yeah, everyone on the roster shits all over the guy, but they're mainly repeating the exact same stuff that Meltzer and Keller and everyone else have been saying about the guy for years. Yeah, the guys promos were unitelligible, the guys personal life was really strange, he had no love for the buisness, was a terrible worker, and was an unprofessional prick backstage, what else is new? It's a fairly entertaining retrospective on the guys career, but to call it a burial is mislabling what it is, WWE is just calling a spade a spade. All the great stuff is included, including rediculous promos, the Papa Shango feud, Warrior vs Triple H being shown in its entirety, WCWs attempt to rip him off with The Renegade, and his run in WCW. Old School fans will appreciate the history, but it doesn't really blow the lid off anything we didn't already know.