TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

Rome

I like the show a lot. It's definitely on my regular rotation right now. For some reason, I've always been kind of fascinated by the Roman Empire, and the historical accuracy is excellent here, right down to the training of the soldiers, and the clothing of the everyday man.

Ok, this is good. Because I love ancient Rome, and I've always wanted somebody like HBO to just go balls out and show how it was (cause it was a messed up place). It's been on my list, but with positive reviews on historical accuracy and such, I will make a point to catch it on ondemand and watch regularly now.

(I don't think even HBO can be totally accurate with the giraffe fucking and stuff, though)

Anybody know offhand what time period this is supposed to be taking place in?

It's only 2 eps in and Gaius Julius Caesar isn't even emporer of Rome yet, although in the first 2 eps, they've built up Caesar's ascension greatly. Caesar has just been named an enemy of Rome by Pompei and the Senate. Mark Antony is a General in Caesar's army as of right now.

The show also centers around 2 soldiers in Caesar's 13th Legion. While there hasn't been giraffe humping, there has been a ton of sex and violence to say the least.

I watched the first 3 episodes back to back to back the other day on In Demand (for some reason episode 3 is already on In Demand even though it hasn't been shown on regular TV yet), I'm definently hooked on this show...the two soldiers storyline is by far the most interesting...