TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 9/8 - 9/10

The reason I hate that Texas won is that now if they and USC go undefeated, they'll get in over an undefeated SEC team, and just like last year, it'll be a sham. Face it, the SEC is EONS and LIGHTYEARS better than the Pac-10 or Big XII this year, so if it comes down to that for the second year in a row, consider me pissed. I don't, however, think it will happen because the SEC powerhouses will knock each other out.  Those are the negatives of playing in the SEC. But the positives are supposed to be that, if you survive undefeated, it should be set in stone that you go the the title game.  According to last year, that isn't the case.

Yes.

My dad tried to say that tOSU gave the game away and Texas didn't win it. He said the fumble was tOSU giving them the game.

I mean I think the fumble was Texas forcing it. So you should credit Texas. I mean it's not like he just dropped the ball or fumbled the snap. Texas did strip it.

The reason I hate that Texas won is that now if they and USC go undefeated, they'll get in over an undefeated SEC team, and just like last year, it'll be a sham. 

Face it, the SEC is EONS and LIGHTYEARS better than the Pac-10 or Big XII this year, so if it comes down to that for the second year in a row, consider me pissed. 

I don't, however, think it will happen because the SEC powerhouses will knock each other out.  Those are the negatives of playing in the SEC.

But the positives are supposed to be that, if you survive undefeated, it should be set in stone that you go the the title game.  According to last year, that isn't the case. 

Ah, maybe im just tired.  :angry:

This is the reason why we need a Playoff. Fuck this BCS Shit.

New AP Top 25

1. USC

2. Texas

3. LSU

4. Virginia Tech

5. Tennessee

6. Florida

7. Georgia

8. Florida State

9. Ohio State

10. Notre Dame

11. Louisville

12. Purdue

13. Miami

14. Michigan

15. California

16. Georgia Tech

17. Boston College

18. Arizona State

19. Texas Tech

20. Clemson

21. Oklahoma

22. Iowa

23. Fresno State

24. Iowa State

25. Virginia

Dropped Out: TCU

26. Alabama

27. Oregon

28. Utah

29. Wisconsin

30. Auburn

31. Colorado

32. Minnesota

33. Texas A&M

34. UCLA

35t. Michigan State

35t. Penn State

37. TCU

38t. N.C. State

38t. UTEP

40. Oregon State

41. Toledo

42. West Virginia

43. Vanderbilt

Wow....this is the first time since 99 that OU has dropped out of the Top 20.

If there aren't alarms going off in Bob Stoops head right now then I don't know what will make them go off!

I had a guy behind me during the game yesterday yelling stuff like

"Hey Chuck Long! Flip your play sheet over! They've figured out the 4 plays you keep calling!"

and

"There's another side of the field! It's called the left! Run some plays in that direction!"

and

"You're allowed to throw the ball to a reciever within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage Long!"

I mean people are seriously fed up in Norman with his offensive play calling and his stubborness. And honestly I think Coach Stoops is too.

This is the 2nd week in a row that he has mentioned the offensive play calling being bad and not putting their QB's in a position to win.

Well Bob....DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Guest MikeSC
Anyone think we'll get the LSU/USC game that everyone clamored for 2 years ago?

LSU will win the SEC West pretty easily. But the East is just laden with talent. I'm not sure they can win the SEC, much less contend for a nat'l title.

ESPN is no longer the sponsor of the Coaches poll so that's why them and ABC are back to using the AP. I guess Fox Sports is deciding to use it to just be different. Technically the AP poll is now irrelevent since it is no longer in the BCS formula and once the first BCS poll is released ESPN and ABC will use it.

Oh yeah I remember ESPN's high and mighty tirade over the Coaches poll.

It was funny b/c the year before they demanded that the human element have more meaning b/c the computers put OU in over USC. They pitched a fit over it.

So there was more human element to appease all the bitching.

Well the human element that they cried so hard to get gave Texas the Rose Bowl over Cal.

Then they whined and bitched about that! The same thing they whined to get!

Let me formally apologize about my rant last night, I was just pissed because I hate Texas. I realize what kind of negative notoriety the uber-fanboy stuff can get you what with Dama(who has since gotten better)'s reputation the past couple of years.

SI.com now calling this past weekend the best weekend of college football ever.

The article that makes that comment is indicative of a lot of the biases of the sports press...

The reason it was the "best weekend of college football ever" was that one of the SI staffers got to go to Michigan-ND and Ohio State-Texas because of the staggered starting times and the fact that the games were in Ann Arbor and Columbus.

Considering that three of the four teams involved are perenially overrated by the "establishment" sports press and Texas was ranked #2 going into the game, this IS the "establishment" sports press's idea of the best weekend ever...

As in the fact that it didn't even touch on the crazy LSU-ASU game with all the Katrina background, the Northwestern vs. Northern Illinois and Marshall vs. Kansas State brainfarts, the dramatic Clemson vs. Maryland game, etc.