TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Richard

Worst bladejob ever

Worst as in most vicious? Which would be the MT incident, as said

Or worst as in worst attempt to blade? I'm imagining this to be a less than subtle blading, or a guy that's trying to blade but just can't break the skin (this would be pretty funny)

If you mean which is the sickest looking blade I would vote for Fonzie when he wrestled Beaulah in ECW. Thought he was going to pass out for lack of blood.

You have to consider the blade job Hogan did when he was going up against Kidman in WCW. He took a chairshot and in the most obvious blade I have ever seen he stands and wanders around the ring while cutting his forehead.

You have to consider the blade job Hogan did when he was going up against Kidman in WCW.  He took a chairshot and in the most obvious blade I have ever seen he stands and wanders around the ring while cutting his forehead.

Hogan is one of the most obvious bladers in wrestling. I remember a tag match in IWA-MS where Ian Rotten and some other guy, I think Mitch Page, are brawling at ringside and Rotten hits Page in the forehead with a chair three times, and after each shot Page does the most obvious blade job ever as he just wildly swipes away at his forehead. Ian has done some very obvious blade jobs of his own as well.

Captain Lou Albano was another notorious obvious blader. Of course blading wasn't as widely known about back in the 60s-80s as it is today. But looking back, all he did was stick a blade in his finger tape and wildly swipe away whenever someone would bop him w/ a foreign object.

Undertaker's during the Mankind hell in a cell match was pretty blatant.

So was Shawn's in his HIAC match with Undertaker. Shawn is another guy who doesn't hide his blading very well.

Randy Orton was hilarious with his blading at the EC in January. He was meant to get slingshotted into the cage to 'bust him open', but he had trouble getting the blade out, and the spot had to be halted for a few seconds so he could finally get the blade loose.

Didn't Rock have a pretty weak bladejob at WM 17? Maybe I'm thinking of another match, but I don't think so...

I remember a really, really bad RVD bladejob when he was in a cage match against Kane when Kane first turned heel after unmasking. It was horrible. It sorta looked like someone punched him in the eye and the blood was seeping from there. And it was totally on camera too.

Didn't Rock have a pretty weak bladejob at WM 17? Maybe I'm thinking of another match, but I don't think so...

I remember a really, really bad RVD bladejob when he was in a cage match against Kane when Kane first turned heel after unmasking. It was horrible. It sorta looked like someone punched him in the eye and the blood was seeping from there. And it was totally on camera too.

the bladejob ended up being decent, but at one point I think he dropped the blade

Guest Fook

Rock dropped the blade right when Austin was grabbing the ring bell to hit him with. They had to stall for a couple of seconds while Hebner picked it up and handed it back to the Rock. The blading itself was fine.

Randy Orton was hilarious with his blading at the EC in January. He was meant to get slingshotted into the cage to 'bust him open', but he had trouble getting the blade out, and the spot had to be halted for a few seconds so he could finally get the blade loose.

:lol: Thanks for reminding me.

Earl also cuts his hand open on the blade during the WM17 match. I think he has some 2 counts that are left handed. Or right, whatever his weak hand is.

I do like HBK's blading at WMXX. He bladed before he was catapulted into the turnbuckle, and most everyone on here was wondering if he bladed in midair or something because they didn't cut away from him and he was immediately bleeding.

This bladejob wouldn't be so bad if the camera man didn't follow him with the camera while he was doing it. morons

HBK durring the first HIAC was good because it was mid air and when he hit the cade, the blood popped out. Which made it good.

His match in the AWA in the cage was crappy because he bladed infront of the camera. Which was like 2 inches away. The only thing that made it better was it was a .4 muta with white trunks and blonde hair to make it look even cooler.

All this talk about blatant bladejobs and no one mentions Flair doing Goldberg at SummerSlam? For shame.

Guest Dumb Monkey

Hogan at WrestleMania VII. Slaughter bops him with a chair, and Hogan clearly swipes a blade across his face as he tumbles down.

I'm sure I can come up with at least 10 Hogan horrible blade moments, but this was 1 of the more obvious on a large scale show.

Another obvious BJ (mind out of the gutter!) was during Piper/Bruno cage match at the 2/86 Boston garden show. Piper gets thrown into the cage 3-4 times and clearly swipes across his forhead each time.

Corporal Kirschner vs Nikolai Volkoff at WrestleMania II is a very blatant one.

Also, at the end of Austin vs HHH at No Way Out 2001, you can clearly see HHH holding the blade after the match.

really, the cameramen are more to blame in these situations, they zoom in on the guy as he is about to blade.

Hogan is one of the worst when it comes to obvious blading.

really, the cameramen are more to blame in these situations, they zoom in on the guy as he is about to blade.

Actually, the director should get the blame, because he is the ony who calls for the shots. You'd think the director would know enough by know to go wide when a guy is likely to blade.

Actually, the director should get the blame, because he is the ony who calls for the shots. You'd think the director would know enough by know to go wide when a guy is likely to blade.

True I should have mentioned the director as well. perhaps someone needs to tell the director when someone is going to blade (maybe the ref can relay the news?)