Buffalo @ Tampa Bay

Jacksonville @ Indianapolis

New England @ Carolina

Pittsburgh @ Houston

Atlanta @ Seattle

Cleveland @ Green Bay

San Diego @ Denver

Monday Night

New York Giants @ New Orleans (Played in Giants Stadium)

Washington @ Dallas

---------------------------------

Dicuss the actions, injuries, evaluations, expectations, match ups and other various incidents regarding the NFL leading up to Sunday's games.

No, Giants/Saints will start at 7:30 and move to ESPN at 9 for the Cowboys/Redskins game. I guess the Sunday Night crew will do the 7:30 game (oh joy of joys).

Guest fanofcoils
Week Two

Baltimore @ Tennessee

Detroit @ Chicago

Minnesota @ Cincinnati

San Fran @ Philadelphia

St. Louis @ Arizona

Miami @ NY Jets

Kansas City @ Oakland

Buffalo @ Tampa Bay

New England @ Carolina

Pittsburgh @ Houston

Atlanta @ Seattle

Cleveland @ Green Bay

San Diego @ Denver

Monday Night

Washington @ Dallas

Prediction of winners: Titans, Bears, Vikings, Eagles, Rams, Jets, Chiefs, Bucs, Colts, Patriots, Steelers, Seahawks, Packers, Broncos, Giants, Cowboys

Guest Vitamin X

Green Bay should seriously annihilate the Browns this week in their home opener. Reggie White will be honored before the game as well, so that should fire them up, I hope.

A friend of mine said (and rightfully so) that if the Packers don't do anything less than dominate the Browns, I should give up on them and hop on the Dallas bandwagon (he's a `Boys fan). Or, as he said it, "The Dallas Playoff Express is still boarding."

Green Bay should seriously annihilate the Browns this week in their home opener. Reggie White will be honored before the game as well, so that should fire them up, I hope.

A friend of mine said (and rightfully so) that if the Packers don't do anything less than dominate the Browns, I should give up on them and hop on the Dallas bandwagon (he's a `Boys fan). Or, as he said it, "The Dallas Playoff Express is still boarding."

The Cowboys will finish with a sub-.500 record, and will miss the playoffs. If you're going to jump on a bandwagon, at least pick a team that will make the postseason.

Week Two

Baltimore @ Tennessee

Detroit @ Chicago

Minnesota @ Cincinnati

San Fran @ Philadelphia

St. Louis @ Arizona

Miami @ NY Jets

Kansas City @ Oakland

Buffalo @ Tampa Bay

New England @ Carolina

Pittsburgh @ Houston

Atlanta @ Seattle

Cleveland @ Green Bay

San Diego @ Denver

Monday Night

Washington @ Dallas

Prediction of winners: Titans, Bears, Vikings, Eagles, Rams, Jets, Chiefs, Bucs, Colts, Patriots, Steelers, Seahawks, Packers, Broncos, Giants, Cowboys

*Uses the predictions for the KKK NFL contest*

As for those predicting a Dallas playoff run, that might be so, but before you buy your tickets to Cowboys' stadium for January, consider that they played a very close game with the Chargers who was missing Antonio Gates and didn't utilize LT to the fullest. Dallas would have likely been looking at 0-1 had that (Gates's suspension and LT's underutilization) not happen.

The Cowboys will finish with a sub-.500 record, and will miss the playoffs. If you're going to jump on a bandwagon, at least pick a team that will make the postseason.

Like who? The Cardinals? Rams? Lions? Panthers? The only one of those I'd say is clearly better than the Cowboys is the Panthers, so who's going to finish ahead of them?

As for those predicting a Dallas playoff run, that might be so, but before you buy your tickets to Cowboys' stadium for January, consider that they played a very close game with the Chargers who was missing Antonio Gates and didn't utilize LT to the fullest. Dallas would have likely been looking at 0-1 had that (Gates's suspension and LT's underutilization) not happen.

The difference is that the Cowboys of last year wouldn't have even been in that game Sunday, Antonio Gates or not. Vinny would have thrown a pick instead of that second TD to Keyshawn, and there's no way their defense would have held the Chargers off on their final drive. That they found a way to win says a lot about how improved they are.

This year's Cowboys are more talented, more athletic (something they badly needed), and tougher. Are they going to the Super Bowl? Probably not. Do they the potential to be really good, especially in the NFC? Yes. Will they be that good? We'll see. I know that I'm looking forward to finding out.

I agree that they have improved, at least at this point. I'm just warning those people about jumping on their bandwagon that their game vs the Chargers was honestly more deceiving than an actual indication of both teams' futures this year. If the Cowboys roll into Week 10 with a 5+ win record, then I'll buy into the Cowboys but for now? No. I mean it's like saying San Francisco is headed to the playoffs on the virtue of them beating the Rams. Everyone and their mother knows that is not the case. Last year's Cowboys' offense was terrible outside Julius Jones so I'm glad that Bledsoe seems to be an upgrade at the QB position but do you think he can hold up in a 17 week schedule? His years in NE and Buffalo indicates otherwise...

I'm a Redskins fan and I'm dreading monday night. Not because the Cowboys are so good, but it's because the Redskins are that bad.

I'm pulling for the Skins, but if you told me to bet my paycheck on the game, my money would be on the Cowboys. I am a realist. Brunnell is starting. That right there damn near guarantees the only touchdowns we might score are on defense or special teams.

Bledsoe seems to be an upgrade at the QB position but do you think he can hold up in a 17 week schedule? His years in NE and Buffalo indicates otherwise...

I think he can hold up, for two reasons. One, the Cowboys' o-line, while not spectacular, isn't horrible. Two, if Julius stays healthy and Parcells' offense runs like it's supposed to (i.e. ball control), Bledsoe won't have to do too much.

Either way, he's DEFINITELY an upgrade over Vinny. The only way he's not is if he blows out his knee against the Redskins and Tony Romo or (God help us all) Drew Henson has to play the rest of hte year.

Like who? The Cardinals? Rams? Lions? Panthers? The only one of those I'd say is clearly better than the Cowboys is the Panthers, so who's going to finish ahead of them?

I wouldn't be surprised if 3 of the 4 teams you mentioned finished better than Dallas ... and I wouldn't be shocked if the Cards did, either. I just think that Dallas has 5-11 written all over them, and that's presuming that they do well against non-division opponents. They most likely will go 1-5 against the Skins, Eagles and NYG, so they'd have to play better than .500 against their non-division opponents ... and - as it's already been said - if Gates is in the lineup, the 'boys most likely would have lost that game last Sunday.

I'm willing to eat my words if I'm wrong. But I don't think that I am.

The Patriots, Colts, and Steelers defensive players are all shaking in their beds now. How will they stop the double threat of SLASH???

With his arm, his playmaking skills and his amazing ability to fly out of the pocket...oh man, the Ravens dynasty may be ready to rise to the top.

I like the Cowboys this year. They might have lost if Gates was playing, but I think they're going to get better as the season goes on. They have some talented rookies on D like DeMarcus Ware, Kevin Burnett and Marcus Spears, and Jason Ferguson is going to be a huge presence inside at DT when he gets to 100%

As far as Bledsoe, I expect a productive season out of him for the simple fact that Bill Parcells knows how to use him. Last week was a perfect example, he was more of a game manager than a guy who had to win the game (although he did end up winning the game anyway), but he was efficient (18-24 passing) and didn't have to put it all on his shoulders and throw 30-40 passes like he's done in the past.

Seriously......I don't know how painful turf toe is but come on! Isn't he being pretty wussy about this?

I mean Farve played with a broken thumb, McNair with everything, hell even Jason White played with turf toe, a torn ligament in his foot(i believe), and a broken hand(not effectively obviously). So just a little turf toe? Sounds kind of sissy.....