TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest stringerbell

update on the Dudley Boyz' situation

That's what the ROH crowd chant. Definitely 'Hom-O-cide'.

I laughed.

If TNA starts doing house shows with Styles, Daniels, Homicide, the Dudleys (fuck you very much Vince), and Raven then I'm there.

This roster is too damn good. Other than Jeff Hardy and JJ, I'd be interested in seeing every member of the roster wrestle.

Shoot, run a house show with Monty Brown and Petey Williams and I'll toss down 40 bucks or more to see it. It's a fucking bargain compared to what the WWE tries to shovel at me for that price.

Guest MikeSC

Well, I loathed the Duds in the WWE. I doubt they will suddenly become tolerable as the dominant face team in TNA.

Especially if their main opponents are AMW.

Then again, maybe watching the Duds do it will teach AMW all about the mysterious 'hot tag'.

I've got no big problem with The Dudleys really. Bubba's a great heel, it's just D-Von that I'm not enamoured with. The only thing really entertaining about him is the 'quiver sell'. Other than that, never been a fan. Bubba and Spike would be a better team...except Bubba's best as a heel and Spike's only worthwhile as a face.

They really don't need a last name. People should know who they are, unless they've been living under a rock or a brand spanking new wrestling fan.

"LoMonico and Hughes" would be a better alternative to everything rumoured so far.

Cept for the Mudley Boyz. That still owns.

Maybe the Studley Boyz. Maybe the Jim Cuddy Boyz, based on the lead singer from Canadian Country Band Blue Rodeo. Perhaps the Spudley Boyz, with a whole Potato Schtick goin... no?

I know that the meat of this information is in another thread, but why not put it in here also?

From PWInsider:

Just thought I'd pass this along from http://www.uspto.gov/ (United States Patent and Trademark office). Looks like this could be the new names for the former Dudley Boyz...

Word Mark BROTHER DEVON DEADLY

Goods and Services IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment in the nature of wrestling contests

Standard Characters Claimed

Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK

Serial Number 78712351

Filing Date September 13, 2005

Current Filing Basis 1B

Original Filing Basis 1B

Owner (APPLICANT) Bubba Ray Dudley, Inc. CORPORATION NEW YORK 1101 CYPRESS LOFT PLACE LAKE MARY FLORIDA 32746

Type of Mark SERVICE MARK

Register PRINCIPAL

Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Word Mark DEADLY DEATH DROP

Goods and Services IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment in the nature of wrestling contests

Serial Number 78712355

Current Filing Basis 1B

Original Filing Basis 1B

Owner (APPLICANT) Bubba Ray Dudley, Inc. CORPORATION NEW YORK 1101 CYPRESS LOFT PLACE LAKE MARY FLORIDA 32746

Register PRINCIPAL

Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Word Mark BROTHER RAY DEADLY

Serial Number 78712344

Current Filing Basis 1B

Original Filing Basis 1B

Register PRINCIPAL

Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Word Mark THE DEADLY BROTHERS

Serial Number 78712336

Current Filing Basis 1B

Original Filing Basis 1B

Register PRINCIPAL

Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Guest MikeSC
Umm, the "applicant" is an already-copyrighted character name owned by the WWE?

It's a corporation set up by the Dudleys probably to handle the business end of things for them.

They named a corporation after a copy-righted trademark of another company?

If this was done by the Dudleys, Bubba is a significantly worse businessman than anybody realizes.

See how long THIS lasts in the face of a lawsuit.

Umm, the "applicant" is an already-copyrighted character name owned by the WWE?

It's a corporation set up by the Dudleys probably to handle the business end of things for them.

They named a corporation after a copy-righted trademark of another company?

If this was done by the Dudleys, Bubba is a significantly worse businessman than anybody realizes.

See how long THIS lasts in the face of a lawsuit.

Like an idiot, Mark has left the names possibly right into the hands of Vince. Unless he already copyrighted Bubba Ray Dudley Inc. a long time before Vince copyrighted the name Bubba Ray Dudley. I have no idea.

Guest MikeSC

I can guarantee you that he did notprotect Bubba Ray Dudley Inc --- but not Bubba Ray Dudley. Far too close to avoid, bare minimum, trademark infringement problems.

Unless he already copyrighted Bubba Ray Dudley Inc. a long time before Vince copyrighted the name Bubba Ray Dudley. I have no idea.

I'd assume that's what happened. The types of trademarks that the WWE covered with the Dudleys includes the performing and merchandising aspects, not a business or corporate entity.

Guest MikeSC

The thought nobody is thinking of:

Who says the copyright came from Bubba Ray and not, say, the WWE?

The former Dudleys would file a lawsuit against Titan for attempt to monopolize any potential gimmicks. If not, if they simply filed a suit to get their gimmicks back, this instance would help their case tremendously.

Guest MikeSC

The former Dudleys would file a lawsuit against Titan for attempt to monopolize any potential gimmicks. If not, if they simply filed a suit to get their gimmicks back, this instance would help their case tremendously.

Companies routinely buy copyrights on things CLOSE to their already copyrighted material.

Spark Deadly.

Also, IIRC corporation names don't have to be original terms unless they are used in commerce. States only care about making sure that the same name isn't used for multiple corporations.

Guest netslob

jerry.jpg

"Isn't the fact that it's a Death Drop already make it Deadly? What is the deal...with that? I don't get it!"

Guest J-Man

I hope the DEADLY BROTHERS isn't the gimmick that Styles said was better then the Dudley Boys. Unless they come up with something that goes well with the name or something, I'm not impressed.

and yeah, Deadly Death Drop is kinda funny, isn't a death drop already DEADLY... but that part is the last name, I guess... so yeah... ahem.