TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dimensions

WWE Shareholder Meeting Recap

Kenneth Suna sent in the following recap of WWE's shareholder meeting:

Hey, thought you might be interested in a brief recap of the WWE Stockholder meeting which is posted below:

I went to the WWE stockholder meeting today in Stamford, CT. Vince said some interesting stuff, mostly about hollywood and other media outlets. He talked about the cruiserweights and that they need to establish personalities so the fans like them, not risk their lives. He said he only allows the pros to do the hi-flying, not the guy who thinks he knows how. He addressed the tag team problem and said it is on the mend. Vince mentioned they will be going to 15 pay per views per YEAR. Gross.

A fan asked Vince if Shane or Steph will take over when he retires and Vince said something very VERY interesting,

"Just because you have the last name McMahon does not mean you will take over the company. Same goes for if your last name is Leveque." Oooh, so, Triple H may be taking over after all someday. Vince said you must EARN the opportunity to work for this company, you have to prove that you want it. Vince said he pities his children because he makes them work EXTRA hard, at which point Linda did an RVD move, pointing to herself and said, "and me!"

A fan questioned Vince about new talents coming to the WWE. He said there are plenty in the developmental school, but one already on Smackdown has a VERY bright future, and that man is Ken Kennedy....KENNEDY.

When asked about UFC and the new Monday Night Wars, he laughed and said Spike is hallucinating. He thought UFC had a good thing going, but that it will get slaughtered to compete w/ the WWF. Vince said the owner of Spike is throwing UFC against RAW because he is spiteful that they switched back to USA. When I asked him privately about TNA, he said, "let them do what they want. I don't view them as a threat."

Yes, there will be ANOTHER Diva Search next year...boooring.

Somebody asked him about his workout to which he responded,

"I'm leg pressing 1000 pounds now, which my doctor advises against, but whatever." I piped in that he beats me in the leg press by 400 pounds, he checked out my legs and said, "good work."

Linda McMahon drives a BEAUTIFUL Mercedes SL500 - burgundy.

After autographs and pictures, we were given a tour of the television studio (where the meeting was held). We saw where Smackdown is edited, where Jim Johnston records the music, and the WWE/ECW/WCW/NWA library which is absolutely AMAZING. It was a sight to see 70,000 hours worth of tape cassettes.

All in all, the day was amazing. Vince looked to be in great shape, was VERY nice to all of the fans, took his time to answer, chat and sign autographs. Same went for Linda, although she left quickly after the meeting whereas Vince stayed, chatting.

Vince seemed to be in a great mood and the reason being...? Check below, this was just issued by WWE:

Press Release Source: World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc., Declares Quarterly Dividend

Thursday September 15, 4:57 pm ET

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 15, 2005--World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE:WWE�) announced that its board of directors today declared the Company's regular quarterly dividend of $0.12 per share on all Class A and Class B common stock. The record date for the dividend will be September 30, 2005, and the payment date will be October 11, 2005.

Credit: PWInsider.com

When asked about UFC and the new Monday Night Wars, he laughed and said Spike is hallucinating. He thought UFC had a good thing going, but that it will get slaughtered to compete w/ the WWF. Vince said the owner of Spike is throwing UFC against RAW because he is spiteful that they switched back to USA. When I asked him privately about TNA, he said, "let them do what they want. I don't view them as a threat

That cockiness is awfully similar to Eric Bischoff...

When asked about UFC and the new Monday Night Wars, he laughed and said Spike is hallucinating. He thought UFC had a good thing going, but that it will get slaughtered to compete w/ the WWF. Vince said the owner of Spike is throwing UFC against RAW because he is spiteful that they switched back to USA. When I asked him privately about TNA, he said, "let them do what they want. I don't view them as a threat

Say, whatever happened to that guy...?

and I feel it is fully warranted, TNA is not WCW, TNA isn't even ECW, TNA is a glorified indy promotion with guys who couldn't cut it in WWE working the main events.

and I feel it is fully warranted, TNA is not WCW, TNA isn't even ECW, TNA is a glorified indy promotion with guys who couldn't cut it in WWE working the main events.

Given how Eric Bischoff's cockiness blew up in his face, would you say his was warranted too? I'm sure it seemed like it was at the time, but look how things turned out.

with guys who couldn't cut it in WWE working the main events.

And which TNA wrestlers were in WWE main events?

"I'm leg pressing 1000 pounds now, which my doctor advises against, but whatever." I piped in that he beats me in the leg press by 400 pounds, he checked out my legs and said, "good work."

.....He DID tear both quads no less than 9 months ago, right? I didn't just dream that, did I?

He talked about the cruiserweights and that they need to establish personalities so the fans like them, not risk their lives.  He said he only allows the pros to do the hi-flying, not the guy who thinks he knows how.

I assume this is directed towards Paul London, which is ridiculous since London *IS* a pro, and *CAN* perform the moves without hurting himself or his opponent. It wasn't London hurting somebody w/ a 450 Splash or a SSP.

And who are these "pros" that he allows to do the high-flying?

As for needing to develop personalities to connect to the fans, they kinda need steady TV time in order to do that.

Guest *KNK*
He talked about the cruiserweights and that they need to establish personalities so the fans like them, not risk their lives.  He said he only allows the pros to do the hi-flying, not the guy who thinks he knows how.

I assume this is directed towards Paul London, which is ridiculous since London *IS* a pro, and *CAN* perform the moves without hurting himself or his opponent. It wasn't London hurting somebody w/ a 450 Splash or a SSP.

As for needing to develop personalities to connect to the fans, they kinda need steady TV time in order to do that.

d/p

Guest *KNK*

HBK with the Flying Elbow

Eddy/RVD with the Frog Splash

Undertaker with Old School

Benoit with Swan head dive

Rey with springboard (bulldog/legdrop)

That's all I got. Thank god those pros are willing to risk themselves with those daring and dangerous high flying moves. Could imagine if someone not a pro did something off the top ropes?

Guest Sternchen
Steph's surname is Leveque now, which may have been the point he was making.

It's Stephanie McMahon-Levesque thus I think that he talked about all three of them.

HHH is going to be the new boss because you can only have one. Shane refused, Steph doesn't have the overview and Hunter is in the towers to learn what he has to learn to be a businessman.

"Just because you have the last name McMahon does not mean you will take over the company. Same goes for if your last name is Leveque." Oooh, so, Triple H may be taking over after all someday.

Apparently people can't read....

Why is everyone surprised about 15 PPV's per year? That's what we get this year.

1. New Year's Revolution

2. Royal Rumble

3. No Way Out

4. Wrestlemania

5. Backlash

6. Judgment Day

7. ECW One Night Stand

8. Vengeance

9. Great American Bash

10. Summerslam

11. Unforgiven

12. No Mercy

13. Taboo Tuesday

14. Survivor Series

15. Armageddon

.....He DID tear both quads no less than 9 months ago, right? I didn't just dream that, did I?

Steroids can be both a bane and a benefit.