TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

The One And Only Unforgiven Thread

Since nobody started a thread about the ppv and it's THIS SUNDAY. Now I thought 'man this PPV has been build-up really bad' but when you think about it it's not that bad for a RAW only PPV but the "big" matches on the card are not really big, all matches are just average. Only Angle/Cena might draw but this feud has been build-up maybe the worst out of all the matches. :huh:

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Kurt Angle

Winner: John Cena, he'll be the guy appearing on USA Network as the champ because they want him to be the next Austin

Ric Flair vs. Intercontinental Champion Carlito

Winner: Carlito, because a 3264792 year old IC Champ would really be weird altho I would enjoy it, it just doesn't make sense at all

Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Masters

Winner: Hopefully Chris Masters, probably HBK

Edge vs. Matt Hardy

Winner: Matt Hardy

Big Show vs. Snitsky

Winner: Snitsky, please give him a win to make him look a bit like a strong man again, it wouldn't hurt Show

The Hurricane & Rosey vs. Cade & Murdoch

Winners: Cade & Murdoch

Trish & Ashley vs. Victoria & Torrie

Winners: Trish & Ashley

Shelton Benjamin vs. Kerwin White

Winner: Should be Shelton but it might just be Kerwin White because too many Faces are going to win

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

WWE Title Match

John Cena .VS. Kurt Angle.

Winner: John Cena.

"Steel Cage" Match

Matt Hardy V1 .VS. Edge (with Lita).

Winner: Edge.

WWE Intercontinental Title Match

Carlito Carribean Cool .VS. Ric Flair.

Winner: Carlito Carribean Cool.

Singles Match

Shawn Michaels .VS. "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters.

Winner: "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters.

Singles Match

The Big Show .VS. Gene Snitsky.

Winner: The Big Show.

Women's Tag Match

Trish Stratus & Ashley .VS. Victoria & Torrie Wilson (with Candice Michelle).

Winners: Trish Stratus & Ashley.

World Tag Team Titles Match

Hurricane & Rosey .VS. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch.

Winners: Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch.

Singles Match

Kerwin White .VS. Shelton Benjamin.

Winner: Shelton Benjamin.

Winner: Kurt Angle

I call Angle winning the title (hopefully by tapout) and Cena regaining it on October 3rd. That's what I'd really want to see, anyways.

***3/4

Winner: Carlito

Carlito is absolutely abysmal and serves no purpose in the WWE, but he has to go over here.

*1/2

Winner: Shawn Michaels

Shawn Michaels needs to win but bump for Masters the whole match. He can't break the Masterlock, though.

Edge vs. Matt Hardy

Winner: Edge

Edge is going to win the blowoff, no question. I say Matt Hardy's only got a month left.

*3/4-**

Big Show vs. Snitsky

Winner: Not the fans.

Hopefully Tomko interferes and gets himself over somehow.

DUD

Winners: Cade and Murdoch

To not have them win would be absolutely retarded.

1/2*

Hooray for titty.

Winner: Kerwin White

Cheat 2 Win~!

Guest Coffey
Since nobody started a thread about the ppv and it's THIS SUNDAY.

That would be because it's still not Sunday.

Well I got free tickets to Unforgiven.

They call me and tell me that they don't allow media backstage at the games. But then they said "But thank you for coming to the press conference and giving us pub...I'lll leave you two tickets at the box office. Enjoy the show!"

I wonder where they're at?

Well I got free tickets to Unforgiven.

They call me and tell me that they don't allow media backstage at the games. But then they said "But thank you for coming to the press conference and giving us pub...I'lll leave you two tickets at the box office. Enjoy the show!"

I wonder where they're at?

What games?

Dammit! I'm so used to covering games that it's affecting me in all facets of life!

We were going to a strip club last night for a friends bachelor party and I told my friend James "Hurry up James! I want to get to the game!"

Guest *KNK*

For the most part, each PPV this year had something to make me go "mmm, that's appealing" and some were enough to hook me into buying the PPV...

This show just may be the most unappealing show i've seen in quite some time.

John Cena Vs Angle is hardly a fresh match and while they have a couple good matches before, it's not going to be much different and the likely presence of Bischoff only stands to make it worst.

John Cena over Kurt Angle @ 26:21. ***1/2.

HBK/Masters. This is the real main event of the ppv and don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise because the last month has been the HBK/Masters showcase while Cena has been the mid-carder. It's still up in the air what exactly occurs here, They clearly want to push Masters despite his complete inability to get over yet It's Shawn here coming off a lost to Hogan. Shawn can never lose his heat but that doesn't mean he should job left and right...Shawn has nothing to gain from a win but nothing to lose from a lost. Masters has nothing to gain because he's not getting over and losing to Shawn is hardly a negative thing but he's doomed either way. Why waste a job on Masters?

HBK @ 16:17. **

Flair/Carlito's only promise was the promo wars and that was a complete bust as well. The match will likely be hot because Flair can draw great babyface heat and Carlito is decent enough in being a dick heel. The match will blow ass but perhaps a semi-hot crowd could motivate these two and create the image that this match meant something. Flair doesn't need the title and would set the title back even further in credibility (if that's possible). Which said, Flair is probably going over here for no apparent reason.

Carlito over Flair @ 10:02. *3/4

TBS/Snitsky? Pass.

Snitsky via DQ over TBS @ 4:35

Matt Hardy/Edge? Not convinced this is the blowoff to the most disapointing angle in years, It'll be another brawl just like the over-rated brawl they had on raw a few weeks ago and It'll be nothing special. I'd expect them to juice to beef up the "intensity". They would be wise to watch Blanchard/Magnum before the match and witness how to work a hate match inside the cage...

Double Knockout @ 14:59. ***1/4

Superheroes and Cade/Murdoch? How sad is this division?

Cade/Murdoch @ 8:59. *1/2

Shelton Benjamin Vs Kerwin White? Cheers for Benjamin getting a spot on PPV again, jeers for this match. Could be a decent match if Chavwin has his working boots. However, I predict this will be a lame comedy match resulting in a DQ finish or cheap heel win.

Benjamin @ 7:17. **1/4

Trish & Ashley vs. Victoria & Torrie? What great quality this will be. Trish/Victoria have good chemistry together and that might save this match but not by much.

Trish/Ashley @ 6:55. *

Guest Human Highlight Reel

John Cena Vs Angle

I'm thinking Angle, because they're making him out to be almost unstoppable, but then again, it'll probably be another "Cena faced the odds and won" thing

HBK/Masters

Someone posted a prediction here about HBK pinning Masters while in the Masterlock. That'll be it.

Hardy\Edge

Almost definetely Edge. Hardy hasn't won a match since coming back.

Carlito\Flair

Carlito. It makes no sense to put it on Flair.

Big Show\Snitsky

Big Show chest slaps Snitsky for 20 minutes then wins.

Cade+Murdoch vs Superheroes

Cade and Murdoch take it, no question.

Benjamin\Chavo

Could be a good match if not for Chavo's shitty gimmick which will bring it way down. I go with Chavo, when's the last time Benjamin won a match clean?

Trish\Ashley vs Torrie\Victoria

I see Ashley pinning Victoria or some such crap.

Ah, go free PPV's at a local restuarant. This is going to blow, but the people making fun of it will make it somewhat entertaining. Anywho...

John Cena Vs Angle

Cena, because this feud is a carbon copy of his last three feuds. And if he doesn't win, he'll win it back at TT or Raw.

HBK/Masters

I agree with the predicted "Shawn pins Masters while he has the Masterlock on". Seems the most even-steven ending they can do, so yep, they'll do it.

Hardy\Edge

I know they're extending this until at least Taboo Tuesday, so I say Matt wins so Taboo Tuesday with a "fan-picked" stipulation (probably going to be rigged for Last Man Standing to win) is the rubber match.

Carlito\Flair

Carlito with this rollup with the feet on the ropes finisher.

Big Show\Snitsky

Let's say Show on this one. I really don't have a reason.

Cade+Murdoch vs Superheroes

Yeah, Cade and Murdoch because the Superheroes never win.

Benjamin\Chavo

Oh man, I *hope* Benjamin. Racist feuds suck. Let's say Benjamin.

Trish\Ashley vs Torrie\Victoria

Trish/Ashley. This match will suck when Torrie's in the ring with Ashley and when Ashley tries to, erm, do moves. Piss break.

For the most part, each PPV this year had something to make me go "mmm, that's appealing" and some were enough to hook me into buying the PPV...

This show just may be the most unappealing show i've seen in quite some time.

Amen to that - I can't recall a WWE ppv in years that has been this horrible sounding on paper. Even the past two GAB ppvs had at least a few things of interest, but this is flat out nothing.

-------

SPOILER ALERT

I have a friend who works for ZZ Top and he called me this morning to mention that last night Jim Ross was at their concert in Oklahoma City (I believe the same arena as the ppv Sunday) and they got started talking about the obvious (wrestling) and Ross told him that Hardy was going over on Sunday and then immediately after, will be moved to Smackdown. We'll see what happens.

Are they really going to give Cade & Murdoch the belts ALREADY? I can't stand it when they debut someone and immediately give him/them the belts. I know they're desperate to make the tag division fresh, but come on. I'm gonna predict Hurricane & Rosey to retain. Seriously, Cade & Murdoch already have one win over them.. there's no reason to bury the Heroes anymore.

Just a couple thoughts looking at the card.

1) Did anyone else notice how every single match has to be face/heel now? I really don't like that. It just shows a lack of creativity. One of the things from the Attitude Era that they need to bring back is the idea that heels can face heels and faces can go against faces at least occasionally.

2) Despite all the flaws in the product right now, if Angle won the title from Cena, it would probably be enough to get me to tune in, at least for a little bit. Of course when Bischoff comes out for Angle's opening promo, and starts talking Cena, Cena, Cena, Cena, Cena, I'll probably just tune right out again.

Guest Fook

WWE Championship: John Cena vs. Kurt Angle

Cena's their golden boy right now. They obviously want to do a "Bischoff screws Cena out of the title and he chases until Wrestlemania", but I think it's too soon to take the belt off Cena now. Survivor Series would be a good time.

Intercontinental Championship: Ric Flair vs. Carlito

Carlito's going to win a horrible match with his finisher (hooking the tights). There's no way they're putting the IC title on Flair.

Michaels is going over clean with the superkick. If Masters was going over, they would have had him beat Flair on Raw to keep him strong. The real question is whether Shawn gets to break the Masterlock or just reach the ropes so Masters is forced to let go.

Steel Cage Match: Edge vs. Matt Hardy

Realistically, Hardy should win to achieve his revenge and end this feud. However, I could see them wanting to keep Edge strong for his Money in the Bank shot (if they ever have him use it). In that case, Edge wins the match, but Matt gets to beat up Lita afterwards.

Big Show vs. Snitsky

Snitsky's basically a JTTS. Big Show wins in a match that will probably go too long.

Tag Team Championship: The Hurricane & Rosey vs. Cade & Murdoch

Cade & Murdoch just debuted, but if WWE is really serious about revitalizing the tag division, they need to get the belts off Hurricane and Rosey as they are complete jobbers at this point.

Trish & Ashley will win. Hopefully they'll keep Ashley and Torrie's ring time down and just let Trish and Victoria go at it.

Shelton should win easily and hopefully put an end to his nasty case of jobberitis.

Guest JMA

Winner: John Cena. WWE wants to push Cena hard so he won't lose here. Plus, the likely plan is to have him lose the title to Triple H (which would suck). I'd personally prefer it if Angle goes over here and holds the title until WrestleMania (maybe even longer?).

Winner: Carlito. Carlito isn't good by any means, but he's also not over fifty years old. I hope someone besides Flair beats him soon.

Winner: Shawn Michaels. This will be his reward for jobbing to Hogan--not that jobbing to someone should get you a reward. Then again, Masters winning here would be bad as well. This will probably your typical "HBK bumps like crazy for big guy and wins with the superkick" match. Needless to say, it doesn't interest me.

Edge vs. Matt Hardy

Winner: Matt Hardy. Hardy has to go over here with a decisive victory. The next night on Raw, Edge can turn on Lita and then be traded to Smackdown. He'll be a credible opponent for Batista and his title shot will make sense. Hardy could beat Carlito for the IC title.

Big Show vs. Snitsky

Winner: Big Show. Snitsky has been squashed by both Hardy and Big Show.

Winners: Cade & Murdoch

Winner: Kerwin White. WWE has always been supportive of controversial characters, which Kerwin White is. Poor Shelton.

Edge vs. Matt Hardy

Winner: Matt Hardy. Hardy has to go over here with a decisive victory. The next night on Raw, Edge can turn on Lita and then be traded to Smackdown. He'll be a credible opponent for Batista and his title shot will make sense. Hardy could beat Carlito for the IC title.

So the guy that gets traded to wrestle for the World Title will lose while the guy who won decisively will wrestle for the IC Title against the guy who doesn't have a finisher? Well, I'll say this: it has happened before, but someone predicting it will happen again saddens me.

Guest Amy Ace
you guys are going to buy this trainwreck?

oh well, who knows, maybe it'll be surprisingly good...

LOL, I don't plan on buying it, I can think of alot better ways to spend $30 bucks.

Guest JMA
Edge vs. Matt Hardy

So the guy that gets traded to wrestle for the World Title will lose while the guy who won decisively will wrestle for the IC Title against the guy who doesn't have a finisher? Well, I'll say this: it has happened before, but someone predicting it will happen again saddens me.

Frankly, most things WWE does saddens me. They've booked themselves into a corner--not just with this match either.

Guest JMA
you guys are going to buy this trainwreck?

oh well, who knows, maybe it'll be surprisingly good...

LOL, I don't plan on buying it, I can think of alot better ways to spend $30 bucks.

Same here. I do wonder if many casual fans will buy it, though.

My prediction is that at least 3 matches @ Unforgiven will occur the next night on Raw.

Hell, I'm a drunk and I don't want to pay the 5 dollar charge at our local bar to watch this stuff.

I think CC had an interesting idea of moving Edge to Smackdown after he jobs to Matt. They could have Edge say that his MITB shot is the World Heayweight Championship, which is now on Smackdown. Have him threaten legal action or something, say that Bischoff and Longs hands are tied and he ends up on Smackdown. I think him playing an almost "anti-smark" character would be interested, especially if he cut promo's on how he didn't do anything to earn this shot on Smackdown and there's nothing people can do about it. Kayfabe-wise this would give the Smackdown locker room a reason to hate him as a heel and would allow to him to develop a better (aka Lita-less) persona.

If anybody could think of shit for him to do after this I'm all ears.