TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

The One And Only Unforgiven Thread

Guest JMA
The main reason that I think it was dumb to put the IC belt on Flair is that the CCC-RVD feud over the IC belt was a feud that pretty much wrote itself.

Now the CCC-RVD feud is a little more pointless, and Flair's holding a belt that there's no sensible angle for him to lose it.

I'm glad that the Carlito/RVD feud won't be over the IC title. RVD has already held the belt so many times that it would be pointless to put the title back on him. Plus, I'd like to see RVD move up the card. He won't do that if he's constantly holding the IC title. Edge also shouldn't compete for the belt.

As for Flair being champion, it was indeed dumb to give him the belt. As mediocre as Carlito is in the ring, he still sholudn't be jobbing to a fifty year old man. My fear is that they only had Flair win so that he could add the belt to his resume and that he'll job it back to Carlito soon.

Who on Raw right now is actually young and talented though?  I feel dirty thinking it but I'm thinking Flair will likely job out to Chris Masters at some point soon (maybe the first USA Raw?).

Conway. Give him mic time, and have him feud w/ Benjamin. Tell them both to just go out & wrestle, and make the IC title the "wrestling title".

WWE Unforgiven - Quick Match Results

- Intercontinental Title: Ric Flair def. Carlito to win the title

- Trish Stratus and Ashley def. Victoria and Torrie Wilson

- The Big Show def. Snitsky

- Shelton Benjamin def. Kerwin White

- Steel Cage: Matt Hardy def. Edge

- Tag Titles: Cade and Murdoch def. Hurricane and Rosey to win the titles

- Shawn Michaels def. Chris Masters

- WWE Title: Kurt Angle def. John Cena by DQ

credit: Prowrestling.com

Predict Taboo Tuesday card?

John Cena © vs. Kurt Angle

Triple H vs. Ric Flair

Rob Conway © vs. Shelton Benjamin, great match this would be

Chris Masters vs. Mick Foley?

Matt Hardy vs. Edge blowoff?

This is too hard because they can go many ways and a couple wrestlers are returning on the USA Network show, Austin might be involved etc

Carlito/RVD shouldn't even BE a feud. It should simply be: RVD comes back on an early USA Raw, challenges Carlito in the Cabana, next week RVD kicks the holy hell out of him in less than 5 mins. Period. Carlito has zero offense, so RVD should just dominate the match and hit his trademark stuff.

I'd like to see RVD go after Edge if the Matt angle has been blown off. It'd be an interesting feud: The guy who got over immediately (and was held down/buried) vs. the guy WWE has tried to get over repeatedly but has never quite gotten there.

They need to pull the trigger in the coming months on either RVD or Edge. Those guys have been around for a long while now and it's do or die for them. Both are in the perilous place where the IC does nothing for them but they haven't been pushed much in the world title division.

I have e feeling in the Show/Snitsky match, there goin thru some kind prop. The two biggest and reckless hosses scrappin it out everywhere, bodun to happen.

I wanted to say the ring but there not the main event.

To make RVD and Edge they just need a World Title run but they don't want Cena to lose it. It'll probably be HHH "dominating" everybody when he returns, that's why they put up those HHH warming-up pics on WWE and then when he returns JR goes on about how he has been training all the time and is in the best shape of his life. He beats Cena for the belt and Cena wins Rumble etc...

Does it not say something about the current state of the WWE that the highlight and main focus of the show was a 56 year-old man with bigger breasts than the women he somehow managed to hook up with?

Does it not say something about the current state of the WWE that the highlight and main focus of the show was a 56 year-old man with bigger breasts than the women he somehow managed to hook up with?

I didn't see Vince on the show.

Some thoughts:

Opening package...focusing on Cena/Angle.

Angle does NOT look right holding the Cena-ized WWE Title.

No-one looks right with the Cena-ized Title, just bring back the winged eagle as a throwback

Haha!!  Flair came off the top rope and hit a move!!!  He's celebrating like he won the world title, as is the crowd!  He's trying it again.....Carlito drop kicks him!

I swear Flair's celebration was like a kid crossing the finish line at the Special Olympics

Every time I see Trish do the Matrix Move, I think her spine is made of plastic.

I'm surprised that Warner Bros., Silver Pictures or the Wachowski Bros. haven't sued over this move's name

Dusty's son is going after Big Vis's chick

The tag division's top prize should be Lillian

I love Maria.

Asked why Masters was called The Masterbate, and brought up Ninja Turtles.

I love Maria too, she reminds me of a kitten, those innocent eyes and the naivete to match

Masters has been watching tapes of Luger

Does that mean Masters will slam Akebono on a military ship and ride around on a bus soon?

4 words: Loaded Forearm of Doom!

Wow JR made himself sound like more of a retard than usual.

Considering JR's statement of "The Sooners will never die" after having OU get rolled up by UC-F'n-LA proves this comment

Also did anyone else besides myself and the people I watched with that aside from the spot moves, Cena was getting a hearty amount of boos?

Yeah, I heard the usual 500 or so older male fans trying to drown out the 7000 or so mainly female or children Cena fans... and giving up as the match went on.

It happens every week and people take it as a sign of Cena's falling popularity. However, that's not the reality of the situation.

What would be interesting is if they went to MSG and started hearing the boos for Cena.

And last night it seemed like neither Cena or Angle had any real heat during that match.

As far as the Rumble goes, I actually hope Cena doesn't win it. He finished 2nd in it this past year and I'd rather see a fresh Rumble with someone new winning.

I just think its funny seeing how Cena was screwed out of the Rumble when he rightfully deserved just because A.) They wanted precious little RAW to win the Rumble for a change and B.) Cena isn't a hoss. So what happens next? Big Dave soon gets sent over to Smackdown and Cena is on top of the world instead.

I only see Cena being forced to go heel not because he turns away his male fanbase by being an arrogant womanizer like Michaels or Orton, but because he's losing touch with his character. I liked him better as a heel so I hope one day to see the old Cena back that we came to know and love. I mean Christ, at least have him come down to the ring "dissing" his opponent.

Bryan Alvarez gave these ratings:

Flair v Carlito: **

Victoria and Torie v Trish and Ashley: *

Show v Snitsky: 1/2*

Benjamin v White: **1/2

Edge v Matt: ****1/2

Superlosers v Murdoch and Cade: **

Shawn v Masters: ***

Angle v Cena: ***1/2