TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

The Rock Confirms WM22 Status

Yay...Rock will probably be sitting in the front row for the first couple matches, get in the ring and cut a half hearted promo about how it's great to be "at Wrestlemania 22...the most electrifying event in sports entertainment history...in front of the millions (and millions) of the Rock's fans...blah blah blah". Then he'll leave the building and go to a real party with real stars.

Cold. Blooded.

Maybe he is doing coke with Lohan and Duff.

Although the Rock looks good, he's still toned...but damn haha, it's just weird seeing him THAT lean haha. Remember when he used to be 270 now he def looks to be in the 230ish mark like mentioned above.

Considering The Rock seems to be extremely busy with 7-8 movie projects in the fire, it doesn't surprise me that he says he's not wrestling.

Have any of his movies made any money? I think the Scorpion King was a hit, but since then?

I thought the Rundown did well and Walking Tall's budget couldn't have been that big that it couldn't turn a profit...He seemed to have solidified his star in Be Cool (a versatille, comedic role as opposed to action hero), but Doom should be his ultimate test...either he's the next Arnold or it's back to the WWE with him...

I think its a supporting role for him in Doom though so he gets it easier in case the movie flops since he's not in the lead.

From Dave Meltzer:

"--Expect to see tons of Dwayne Johnson in the media over the next few weeks as it's promotion time for "Doom," the comedy based on the game."

Not exactly a statement that gives glowing hopes for the movie. However, there's probably enough stupid teenagers and computer geeks willing to buy tickets to see this that I bet the movie still does OK at the box office.

I thought these statements were also relevant, showing how WWE's stock has fallen in the public eye:

"--Everybody Hates Chris, the Chris Rock produced show that moved Smackdown to Fridays was a gigantic hit, beating everyone's wildest expectations due to the hype. The show delivered a 6.6 on the overnights, and more importantly, was 78% up from Smackdown in Adults 18-49. UPN is making tons more money with the line-up changed the way it was.

--None of the WWE programming last week made the top 30 in any demographic category, which is a rarity. That was the week where Raw had its lowest number in about a year, and Smackdown had its lowest number in history due to all the pre-emptions."

Guest Damn You Helmsley
From Dave Meltzer:

"--Expect to see tons of Dwayne Johnson in the media over the next few weeks as it's promotion time for "Doom," the comedy based on the game."

Hmm, I wonder if that was deliberate.