TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Zaius

WWE Celebrity Rumor

- Although all online talk of the "big celebrity" at WrestleMania 22 is focused on Eminem (for a rap battle or tag match with John Cena) and Jose Canseco, no definitive decision has yet been made.

(Source: PWTorch.com Newsletter)

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2005_/arti.../1127262532.php

I'm beginning to seriously believe Vince McMahon lives in a time bubble that exists 4 years behind the rest of us.

Guest *KNK*

Smart move Vince.

Bring in a guy famous for being outspoken about his roid usage and whose small window of relavence passed last spring.

Also, Eminem? He's been a ghost for 2 years. How hard is it to look at the charts and see which celebrities are still in the public spotlight?

I'm beginning to seriously believe Vince McMahon lives in a time bubble that exists 4 years behind the rest of us.

Says the guy named after a character from a cancelled TV show.

Just saying.

<------The guy named after a wrestler no longer on the roster.

Eminem in a tag match with John Cena, eh? If this is true could there be a possibility of someone else being in the WWE title match?

Celeb tag matches....it gets more like WCW every day.

Eminem and Cena vs. Cade and Murdoch, Rap v. Country II coming LIVE to Chicago at Wrestlemania 22!!!

I think Vince watches too much VH1.

Say what you want but uhhh, I'd be interested in seeing Em appear for a rap battle against Cena or something. Of course if it was legit, Em would tear Cena's ass up in a freestyle battle but I'd still like to see it. WM is known for having gimmicky, celebrity encounters like this. But if Em was to really show up, the battle would most definitely have to be staged because he could really embarass Cena if he went all out, with no restraints.

You know what's sad? I actually had a similar idea watching Raw the other night. That said my idea was for a harmless mini feud with Cena being attacked by Cade and Murdoch, and they could do a West TX Rednecks act opposing Cena's rapper.

Either way if they go with the tag match with Eminem it's WCW circa 1997-98 (celeb tag) or with my idea it's WCW 1999.

I highly, highly doubt that the tag match will happen at WrestleMania 22. If it does, Eminem will be booed out of the building, as will Cena.

Eminem didn't even show up for a simple rap battle at WM XIX, when he wasn't even retired.

So let's all just pretend Vince is considering this and question his sanity.

EDIT: Actually, he is pretty insane when it comes to other stuff. But hell, he's not THAT crazy/desperate.

I highly, highly doubt that the tag match will happen at WrestleMania 22. If it does, Eminem will be booed out of the building, as will Cena.

Eminem didn't even show up for a simple rap battle at WM XIX, when he wasn't even retired.

I didn't know he was involved in that. I thought it was 2 other guys.

Guest *KNK*

I didn't know he was involved in that. I thought it was 2 other guys.

Jay Z and some one else (I want to say Ludacris or Jadakiss)

Say what you want but uhhh, I'd be interested in seeing Em appear for a rap battle against Cena or something. Of course if it was legit, Em would tear Cena's ass up in a freestyle battle but I'd still like to see it. WM is known for having gimmicky, celebrity encounters like this. But if Em was to really show up, the battle would most definitely have to be staged because he could really embarass Cena if he went all out, with no restraints.

A rap battle is fine, I suppose, if they want Cena to get ripped a new one. But a wrestling match? No, no, no.

I thought at WM 19 Cena just challenged whatever rapper wanted to accept.  He just tossed out various names, but of course no one seriously thought of accepting.

My udnerstanding was people actually were scheduled to be there, but dropped out at the last minute (thus the cardboard cut-outs on Heat).

Guest *KNK*
I thought at WM 19 Cena just challenged whatever rapper wanted to accept.  He just tossed out various names, but of course no one seriously thought of accepting.

My udnerstanding was people actually were scheduled to be there, but dropped out at the last minute (thus the cardboard cut-outs on Heat).

Jay was confirmed but canceled and whoever the other guy was be it Fabolous or Jadakiss or Luda was appearing until legal shit came about.

It had a spot on the PPV show until both men canceled, reducing Cena to the pre-show.

Jay was confirmed but canceled and whoever the other guy was be it Fabolous or Jadakiss or Luda was appearing until legal shit came about.

It had a spot on the PPV show until both men canceled, reducing Cena to the pre-show.

Jay-Z cancelled, but Limp Bizkit performed live.

COINCIDENCE????

Hell, using stale, out of style acts is nothing new for Vince. Witness the Limp Bizkit WM 19 performance that eats up precious PPV airtime that could have gone to the Kane/RVD tag match.

As far as the rap battle....two white guy engaging in a freestyle battle?

Hell, using stale, out of style acts is nothing new for Vince.  Witness the Limp Bizkit WM 19 performance that eats up precious PPV airtime that could have gone to the Kane/RVD tag match. 

To be fair, the Miller Lite Girls were even more useless that Fred Durst. I know, it's tough to be THAT useless, but that pillow fight did the trick.

Guest *KNK*
Hell, using stale, out of style acts is nothing new for Vince.  Witness the Limp Bizkit WM 19 performance that eats up precious PPV airtime that could have gone to the Kane/RVD tag match. 

To be fair, the Miller Lite Girls were even more useless that Fred Durst. I know, it's tough to be THAT useless, but that pillow fight did the trick.

To Fred Durst's credit, at least his band was used to intro The Undertaker.

Whilst The Miller Cat girls essentially did nothing relating to show but eat up time.

Guest Amy Ace

Eminem's taking a break from the music business while he's in rehab. And even if he was availible, just from knowing a little about him, I doubt he'd do something with the WWE, let alone a "rap battle" with John Cena. (Seriously, why would he want to perform with a phoney like Cena, when it's taken him years to build up his credibility as a white rapper?)

Actually no on Durst. Limp Bizkit did intro the Taker but they also had another god awful song on that PPV that kills precious time. And yes, the Miller Lite girls were also a horribly pointless waste of time (ahem, RVD and Kane on Heat for this)...but at least I'd rather look at them than Fred Durst. Argue that logic.

And yes, I know there are white rappers. But the idea of two white guys doing a freestyle rap battle on a wrestling PPV is too lame for words.