TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of bps21

Bound For Glory

Eh, they had a suprisingly good match at Against All Odds (ironicaly named show) which is either a good sign because they could do it again or a bad sign because it's likely never to happen again.

Not the main event I'd go with but if everything under it is awesome, which it looks like it will be, it will be forgivable.

The problem is that even if they use every gimmick under the sun, which they will have to do to work around the limitations of a match involving both men, it won't come anywhere close to being as good as Liger/Joe, Ultimate X and Styles/Daniels. The last thing TNA need, apart from Jarrett on top, as to have Jarrett and Nash in their first NWA title match on their first post-Spike PPV and have them so obviously upstaged by the guys underneath. What does it make TNA look like if they have two guys on top working a gimmick-laden match that will be **1/2 at best, and underneath them are guys working ****-level affairs? It makes them look like idiots for not putting what even their new found casual fans can see are their most talented workers on top.

They may do what they did last month and go with the X-Division match as the Main Event.

The 'stars' would still be outworked and shown up no matter where they put the match. For TNA to have such top talents and not have their so-called 'world' title built around them just makes the NWA belt look like a belt for old guys.

Guest IttoOgami
Eh, they had a suprisingly good match at Against All Odds (ironicaly named show) which is either a good sign because they could do it again or a bad sign because it's likely never to happen again.

Not the main event I'd go with but if everything under it is awesome, which it looks like it will be, it will be forgivable.

The problem is that even if they use every gimmick under the sun, which they will have to do to work around the limitations of a match involving both men, it won't come anywhere close to being as good as Liger/Joe, Ultimate X and Styles/Daniels. The last thing TNA need, apart from Jarrett on top, as to have Jarrett and Nash in their first NWA title match on their first post-Spike PPV and have them so obviously upstaged by the guys underneath. What does it make TNA look like if they have two guys on top working a gimmick-laden match that will be **1/2 at best, and underneath them are guys working ****-level affairs? It makes them look like idiots for not putting what even their new found casual fans can see are their most talented workers on top.

They may do what they did last month and go with the X-Division match as the Main Event.

The 'stars' would still be outworked and shown up no matter where they put the match. For TNA to have such top talents and not have their so-called 'world' title built around them just makes the NWA belt look like a belt for old guys.

Luckily there' one legend left who can take the belt and show the X Division whippersnappers what's up whilst putting on **** 1/2 matches monthly...

htm.jpg

He's cool. He's cocky. He's bad.

What are Raven and Monty (2 guys that are noticebly left out of the Monsters Ball match...where'd they'd fit in) going to be doing?

I hope they make the NWA title match a 4 way...since these are the top contenders...storyline wise.

If they were smart (and they pretty much are outside of the main events...) they'd have Ortiz cost JJ the title again (to either Raven or Brown) so they can do Ortiz/Jarrett later.

Eh...I think it might be best if Ortis is ref in the main, but Jarrett loses CLEANLY (no fast-count, no cheap weapon beatdowns while the ref's back is turned, no interference, etc.). Jarrett can still blame Ortiz for costing him the title, but not having a screwy finish on the debut BIG show for TNA is the way to go.

Of course we all want JJ to put lose clean, pass the title to someone more fitting, and thus put them over, but its just not going to happen. Jarrett just won't do it, and there's so many guys that will have to be involved with the ME that its just going to have interference out the ass.

Here's what I'd do: Book Jarrett vs. Nash vs. Raven as the ME with Ortiz as the special ref, leaving Monty out of the PPV altogether. At some point, JJ tries to cheat, gets into a scuffle with Ortiz, and gets a punch. Nash and Raven brawl around until Monty comes out and gives the Pounce to Raven and runs off. Nash goes to cover JJ, who kicks out. Raven gets back up, knocks Nash out of the ring, DDTs Jarrett just as he's getting up, and makes the cover for the win. That can set up Jarrett/Ortiz and Raven/Nash at the next show, and Raven/Monty later down the line.

Damn, just had a creative moment there.

Good, I hope it happens. Then the TNA owners will finally see Jarrett is not the top star and won't book him in main events anymore.

This is what I see happening...

NWA Championship

Elimination Match

Special Referee: Tito Ortiz

Jeff Jarrett (Champion) vs Raven vs Kevin Nash vs Monty Brown

X-Division Championship

30 Minute Ironman Match

“The Phenomenal” AJ Styles vs

“The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels

Ultimate X

Matt Bentley vs Petey Williams vs Chris Sabin

International Challenge Match

Samoa Joe vs Jushin “Thunder” Liger

Monster’s Ball 2

“The Monster” Abyss vs Jeff Hardy vs Sabu vs Rhino

NWA Tag Team Championship

America’s Most Wanted vs The Naturals

then something like,

The Outlaw James vs Team Canada

Lance Hoyt vs Homicide w/ Konnan

Downside this leaves off

Ron Killings, Roderick Stong, Aries, Shelley, Waltman, Lynn among other people.

Maybe a 10-Man tag match?

If Waltman hadn't gone wacko I'd imagine that he'd be rematching Lynn.

But he did go wacko.

So I don't know.

Shame too...their first match was Waltman's best in a ridculously long stretch of years.

They should make him job to Shelley.

Guest Biggles

I gotta say that so far it looks really good. It definitely offers an alternative to the WWE which is something that have to do if they're gonna be a success and pinch any of their viewers with the new Spike deal. Every match there looks really good and with whatever type of World title, or 8/10 man tag they might add as well, and it looks like a really good card with something for everyone really. Often I'd say that there was too much gimmick on there and that it should be toned down a bit but under the circumstances I'd say it was exactly the right time to just throw it all out there. TNA PPV's usually bring the best out of the roster and they produce some great stuff. Hopefully this'll be the same.

Wow, so far the lineup looks great......until you get to the uber-boring and NOT A DRAWING PPV MAIN EVENT in Jarrett v. Nash. I'm sure there was probably others plans initally (Jarrett v. Foley?) for this spot, but it's still no excuse for such a ridiculously depressing main event to their big step into the proverbial spotlight. Its like we're right back to where we started from with this company when shit like this happens.

I'm actually more understanding at the moment of the whole Jarrett title switch thing, as it SOUNDS like TNA in general might know what they are doing with him as champ and will build to a worthy title switch from him instead of an out of nowhere pointless deal as was done with Styles beating Jarrett for the title in May.

With that said, Brown v. Jarrett realistically is not a real option yet as that needs to be built more, and especially they got to work on Brown alot more, to turn him on to a whole new audience. Give him the belt in 2-3 months or so.

There is still no excuse why they couldnt give Raven/Jarrett 3 a shot here. A rematch, especially on a large stage, is most definately warranted. Raven is, quite frankly, at this point in wrestling, as big of a name as Nash is. Your general wrestling fan who might tune to Spike TV to catch TNA are going to remember Raven just as much as Nash from the past.

So what the fuck exactly ARE they going to do with Raven at this ppv?

Another quick thought about the BFG main event - why not just do Ortiz v. Jarrett for the world title? Fuck, that would be even better than Nash-Jarrett.

Wasn't there a rumor about Ken Shamrock possibly making TNA appearances?

If so, why not run Shamrock/Jarrett for BFG?

Shamrock could bring up the history of being the first TNA-era NWA World Champion...

Guest Biggles
So what the fuck exactly ARE they going to do with Raven at this ppv?

See this is whree I'd much rather go with the other option. There's talk of JJ Vs Nash, but there's also talk of a big 8/10 man tag match.

Now, if it's booked right going into it and it's given more of a purpose than just "we can't think what else to do with these guys" then something along the lines of...Jeff Jarrett, AMW, Monty Brown & Kip James Vs Kevin Nash, the Naturals, Ron Killings & Raven would make a really good match to have on the card. It would hide the weaknesses of anyone in there that has any, and provided it's booked right (which i'm not sure how much faith I'd have in it) could lead to some really great storylines coming out.

There is a final idea that keeps reering it's head, which on paper would be great but I do tend to think really would pust the PPV to gimmick overkill and that's the King of the Mountain match in the main event. Something like Raven Vs Jarrett Vs Brown Vs Harris Vs Storm Vs Nash could work really well if it wasn't for the amount of highly gimmicked matches already.

We'll see what happens but despite the fact that Jarrett Vs Nash last time around in TNA was a pretty watchable match (don't get me wrong, it's no five star match but as a PPV main event I had no problem with the way it came off. They both worked it really well and it got a lot of good and surprising feedback) I really would expect it to drag this card down. Other thing is though, with the way TNA have booked recently I dno't even think it'd make the main event. They'd be too scared to put it on after AJ Vs DAniels, Ultimate X, Monsters Ball and Joe Vs Liger that I really don't know whereabouts on the card it'd end up which essentialy does JJ, Nash, or the world title no favours whatsoever.

A ten man elimination tag match would be ok definately, compared to Jarrett-Nash. From there, you could do a Brown turn on Jarrett to cost him the match against whoever (perhaps Raven?).

I hope they don't do a KOTM match already again as it normally wouldnt be a bad idea, but they just did it in June.

Shamrock has been talked about in returning, and I'd even be all for a Jarrett/Ortiz v. Shamrock/??? match or Shamrock v. Jarrett.

Obviously the point here is that there are many other valid options other than Nash/Jarrett, which I cannot understand why that is even being considered. I know that TNA and other THINK that those are the two largest draws, but on a larger scale uprising like this, those two guys are NOT the two to start out the new era with on top in your world title match. It gives the casual viewer not only the easy chance to not give TNA a chance by seeing that WCW circa 2000 "main event" on the ppv, but even more importantly ruins chances to get the casual viewers to order the ppv. Does anyone think that anybody will actually buy the pay per view for that???!!!

Another quick thought about the BFG main event - why not just do Ortiz v. Jarrett for the world title? Fuck, that would be even better than Nash-Jarrett.

A thumb war between 2 retards would be more compelling.

Guest Biggles
Obviously the point here is that there are many other valid options other than Nash/Jarrett, which I cannot understand why that is even being considered. I know that TNA and other THINK that those are the two largest draws, but on a larger scale uprising like this, those two guys are NOT the two to start out the new era with on top in your world title match. It gives the casual viewer not only the easy chance to not give TNA a chance by seeing that WCW circa 2000 "main event" on the ppv, but even more importantly ruins chances to get the casual viewers to order the ppv. Does anyone think that anybody will actually buy the pay per view for that???!!!

This is exactly the point I've always made about Nash and Jarrett......Nash Vs Jarrett was not a draw in WCW at a time when both wrestlers were better performers, had greater exposure and were more over. Why would it be now?

Guest JesusJuiced

The main event should be one-on-one, even if it's Jarrett vs. Nash.

TNA are trying to sell this event as it's biggest ever, shoving the World champ in a tag match goes against everything they're trying to achieve.

Believe it or not, Jarrett-Nash, while as a match it will suck ass, almost has to happen if long term booking and planning are a part of TNA.

They don't want to give away the elevation of Brown and/or Joe just yet. As stated in the latest Observer, they have to establish those guys first and make fans want to see Brown and Joe challenge for the title. Then after a heated buildup, you deliver the match. Giving Brown the shot and title now is hot shotting and opening him up to becoming a transitional champ instead of a long term one if his reign starts to show it doesn't have legs.

The important thing is for TNA to use Jarrett as the transitional champ until they build up the proper long term guy. The problem with that is Jarrett doesn't have a good track record of helping make guys into stars and putting people over. Ditto Nash. While they could do it, there is no evidence that they will put guys over no matter what they say in interviews.

Believe it or not, Jarrett-Nash, while as a match it will suck ass, almost has to happen if long term booking and planning are a part of TNA.

They don't want to give away the elevation of Brown and/or Joe just yet. As stated in the latest Observer, they have to establish those guys first and make fans want to see Brown and Joe challenge for the title. Then after a heated buildup, you deliver the match. Giving Brown the shot and title now is hot shotting and opening him up to becoming a transitional champ instead of a long term one if his reign starts to show it doesn't have legs.

The important thing is for TNA to use Jarrett as the transitional champ until they build up the proper long term guy. The problem with that is Jarrett doesn't have a good track record of helping make guys into stars and putting people over. Ditto Nash. While they could do it, there is no evidence that they will put guys over no matter what they say in interviews.

If Raven isn't getting the belt back soon, and Jarrett isn't losing the belt until it's to their chosen guy, then they should have gone with Raven versus Jarrett in a rematch. It's at least as marketable as Jarrett/Nash, it as a better storyline to set it up than anything they can come up with for Jarrett/Nash, and it goes without saying that it would tons better than Jarret/Nash.

Guest *KNK*

Raven-Jarrett III is certaintly a more marketable main event and one that already has something going for it and while it won't be anything resembling a classic, it'd still be a do-able and less embarassing main event both as far as image and the match itself.

The last Jarrett/Nash PPV main event required virtually every shortcut in the game to resemble anything remotely close to being decent. When they are reduced to that, it shows even they realize how limited Nash is and yet here they are; on the edge of their biggest level yet...and they put the keys into the hands of wrestling's most infamously low BO draws whom have lost whatever drawing value they had left.

How is it that a company that has Austin Aries, AJ Styles, Daniels, Joe, Brown, Hardy, Raven, Rhino, Sabu, Abyss and Jushin Liger under contract manage to select the worst possible choices for the main event?

Raven and Jeff Hardy beat Kevin Nash in the vaulted "star power" category as well...

It's sad that I'm going to buy this ppv for the incredibly deep undercard and Nash/Jarrett...should they go ahead and do it for the ME will get the credit.

Guest J-Man

Personally, I'm really happy they didn't go with a KOTM match. The only way it'll seem special is if they keep it as a staple of Slammiversary, which is what I would do. It'll be like the equivalent to WWE's Royal Rumble, and I think as a yearly thing, it'll be something to look forward to.

Now, as for the main event, if they decide to do a Four-Way Dance between Kevin Nash, Raven, Monty Brown and Jeff Jarrett, they should dust off the Deadly Draw four way, which I thought was a great match, and a good "basic" gimmick match. Plus, have Nash come out last, and you've just saved yourself some time watching him.

Ideally, Raven vs. Jeff Jarrett II (or III if you count the house show match) would be the biggest draw in my oppionion. Longest running story, and the fans would dig it. One of the few feuds that I believe if they use it, Jarrett won't get X-Pac heat, but some legit heat. As for what they should do with Monty Brown, is turn him full fledge face and have him KILL Kip James to put him over big. That match would have some story.

As for Kevin? Ideally, make him and Ortiz corner men, or throw him in a Tag Team with Hoyt, as Hoyt has to be featured on the biggest show, as he gets amazing pops, against some variation of Team Canada or Diamonds in the Rough.

And finally, as for the tag titles, even though they already have a lot of gimmick matches, I think to capitalize off the Dudleys, they should have a tag team Full Metal Mayhem match with America's Most Wanted vs. The Dudley Boys vs. Erik Young/Bobby Roode vs. The Naturals©.

Yeah, my first post, and its a long one. I've been watching TNA for a long while, and I've regularly read this board on TNA oppinons (I enjoy reading it over other boards), and I finally decided to start posting.

Guest *KNK*

I want to know how and if they will get Aries and Strong onto the show.

I'd like to see them just stick Aries and Strong together as a tag team using the whole "after Unbreakable, these two warriors formed a mutal respect for each other and decided to conquer the tag team scene" situation unless they go ahead and acknowledge their ROH roots.