TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nokia

Kenta Kobashi on Raw Homecomming ??

Guest nokia

Two days ago Tokyo Sports out of Japan, broke news that during his trip to America, former GHC Heavyweight Champion Kenta Kobashi would be meeting with WWE road agent, John Laurinaitis (Johnny Ace). Tokyo Sports is now reporting “Kobashi’s WWE Participation” during his time here. With all that talent currently scheduled, it is possible Kobashi may make an appearance at the 10/3 WWE Homecoming RAW.

link to article; http://www.fhwrestling.com/home/2005/09/23...te-for-the-wwe/

* I found this over at deathvalleydriver's forum and thought I'd post it here...My gut feeling says that this is bullshit news and will never happen....

Imagine the reactions if HHH pins Kobashi in 5 minutes after 1 pedigree....

Any thoughts on the "sure to be fake news" ?

If Kobashi is in the building that night, he will not be taking part in anything on camera or wrestling. I guarnatee it. It's not out of the relm of possibility that he's there as a guest of Laurinitis since the two are close from Laurinitis's AJPW days and I'm banking some of the boys in the back have seen and/or heard about him. However, there is no way in hell he will be on the show. He'll probrably be at the show.

Kobashi on Raw is like having Bart Starr and Michael Vick organize two seperate lines for autographs for first graders.

OMG who cares about Tajiri's brother where iz the GAME!

Actually, he would probably play that gimmick, or Tajiri's partner, or Tajiri's enemy, since ALL JAPANESE WRESTLERS MUST TEAM OR FEUD WITH EACH OTHER and USE MARTIAL ARTS.

If anything he's everything 90's All Japan is not. Doubtful he's a fan, though he's probably watched some tapes at one point. That HHH, always watching tapes and learning about the business.

IF he appears on TV he'll be portrayed as a tough new guy or they hype him up as a "Champ in Japan" and he beats the living hell out of Tyson Tomko. Then the next week he beats someone up as well, ending in a match against Triple H and HHH beats him. Hell, they can even have Flair do something meaningfull in the match so he can feud with HHH.....Hell they can even have Flair vs. Kobashi first and Flair loses because HHH interferes but he fucks up and Flair gets pissed.

If anything he's everything 90's All Japan is not. Doubtful he's a fan, though he's probably watched some tapes at one point. That HHH, always watching tapes and learning about the business.

Well I disagree on that. HHH's inring pacing and story telling when he wrestled like he gave a damn a few years back reminds me of some 90's all Japan, with the offensive move sets being turned down a whole lot and the matchs not being AS drawn out. And without the almost comical no-selling of moves.

I think if you really watch the guy when he was good, you can see he definately patterned his stylings from those outside the US.

Make an appearance at. Not on. At.

Kobashi doesn't need the WWE and the WWE doesn't need Kobashi. Him being on Raw would be beneficial to no-one. I'm not 'up' on Kobashi's tour schedule, but it'd be no more than two appearances surely. Not gonna happen.

The only way I would want that to happen is if he was brought in as a special attraction against somone he could have a AJPW/NOAH style match with. Give em 15 minutes and show what they got. In any other case I dont want it to happen at all. I dont think WWE could use Kobashi right at all.

So, does this happen everytime a big name Japanese wrestles comes to the US? I believe Liger was rumoured to be on RAW too. Anyway, it's kind of pointless to have those guys on the show when probably 15% of the audience have even heard the name, and 5% are actually familiar with the guys.

Guest *KNK*

Kenta Kobashi working a wrestler 100x's better then Triple Two days before Homecoming anyways.

Being there as a guest is nothing major, being friends with Johnny Ace is the only connection and I wouldn't put it past him being there as a "present" to the smarks of the wwe locker room.

He won't appear on the show with any significant value.

I reckon they'll have a shot of him in the crowd and that'll be it. JR will comment on him being a legend the world over and Coach will say something about him being scared of HHH. That'll probably be it.

I'd pay good money to see Kobashi job to Triple H, just for the collective shitfit that would erupt on the net.

I'd rather see him job to Cena. The internet would fuckin EXPLODE with rage... :lol:

Kobashi would make sure to kick his face in if he's going to job.