TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

The Best and Worst

Hrm, Beatles is a tough one... I don't include Yellow Submarine (which would come in dead last automatically) or Magical Mystery Tour (which I adore) since neither of them are actually albums.

c46141rq3et.jpg

Best:

c5291792v42.jpg

Worst:

As for the VU, I know that the first album is my favorite, but I gave up giving the other three albums an order a long time ago. I would say right now that Loaded is probably my least favorite simply because of one or two actually BAD songs (and yes I am a hardcore VU fan -- I legitimately stand by my belief that there are only three or four bad songs between their four albums)... but the middle two pretty much switch off daily. The first albums is my favorite probably because it was the first VU album I ever bought. Sometime in the 8th grade I was first getting into rock music, and the first three albums I actually went to a CD store and BOUGHT with my own money were Revolver, Led Zeppelin III, and The Velvet Underground & Nico. So I suppose there's a lot of sentimental attachment.

c901686711k.jpg

Best:

g28347e9yd5.jpg

Worst:

d369124yxm5.jpg

Best:

f68188twjlu.jpg

Worst:

d12932y85n3.jpg

Best:

d87318pgc48.jpg

Worst:

Hrm, Beatles is a tough one... I don't include Yellow Submarine (which would come in dead last automatically) or Magical Mystery Tour (which I adore) since neither of them are actually albums.

c46141rq3et.jpg

Best:

c5291792v42.jpg

Worst:

Gasp! Get out.

"Ticket to Ride", "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away", "Yesterday", and the title track greatly disagree with you. No way that's the worst.

oh, and sorry I don't have time to find pics of the albums, guys, but how bout this one: Faith No More....

Best-Angel Dust

Worst-King For A Day, Fool For A Lifetime

Does this include the Mosley era, because Introduce Yourself would be the worst for me.

Oh no, I was just going strictly Mike Patton times, since that's what they're mostly known for...

Turbo had some redeeming values I thought, just like Point of Entry (another overly maligned JP album)

Demolition took all the bad qualities from Juggulator and made them even worse, then mixed in a blend of nu-style for that extra pile of crap on top

Well, they're both awesome, anyway.

And Cena's Writer, you're crazy.

Best:

Eminem_Marshall_Mathers_LP.jpg

I was going to say the Marshall Mathers LP, but he had way more variety, and sent better messages in The Eminem Show. Most of the songs in MM LP were about raping his mother, killing women, killing homos, and all that junk. I mean, sure it was entertaining, he was joking around, but The Eminem Show overall had better songs than the MM LP.

^^^

There you go. Thats why I personally don't really care for the MMLP. I like a few songs on there, but they wer the ones that are of the pure hip-hop variety and not those comedy records(although I do like Kim)

The Eminem Show, its just a great album to me, and Till I Collapse is probably my favorite eminem show.

And Nas's the Lost Tapes album was fucking amazing. I say it hits Number 2# on his albums honestly. Illmatic, Gods Son, Lost Tapes, Street Disciple and Stillmatic. Those are the only Nas albums I actually like.

Plus how can you hate on Street's Disciple. He played a woman on Sekou Story and Live Now.

Turbo had some redeeming values I thought, just like Point of Entry (another overly maligned JP album)

Demolition took all the bad qualities from Juggulator and made them even worse, then mixed in a blend of nu-style for that extra pile of crap on top

While I liked songs such as Out In The Cold, Reckless and Parental Guidance, nothing will ever beat my hatred for Turbo Lover. That song nulls the point of how crappy that album really is.

it was written is better than the lost tapes. sure it was a glossier sound, but those were glossier times. streets dreams? c'mon. the best is the message, arguably one of nas's finest tracks ever recorded. it was the two albums that preceded it was written that debunked his sophmore release. but with still matic nas once again proved himself. we can all proclaim to like it was written again folks. who're you kidding beside yourself?

Well, I am sorry. I didn't care for it was Written. I liked almost half the album, which makes it good, but I liked the majority of the rest of them.

Everything Falls Apart is so incredibly not the worst Husker Du album. Also, if I were five years younger, I'd argue that Flood is the second best TMBG while Mink Car is the worst. (I never bothered with The Spine, so I've no ranking for it.)

I'm also a Ripper Owens fan. shoot me.

Tim Owens with Winters Bane and Iced Earth was fucking awesome.

Tim Owens with JP was awful. I dunno what they did with him, other than give him a fucking awful gimmicky nickname, but he went downhill when he was with them.

I'm also a Ripper Owens fan. shoot me.

Tim Owens with Winters Bane and Iced Earth was fucking awesome.

Tim Owens with JP was awful. I dunno what they did with him, other than give him a fucking awful gimmicky nickname, but he went downhill when he was with them.

Don't you bold name me maloy, Tim "Ripper" Owens with JP was decent, i enjoyed them and live.

What J.P should do is fucking just tour with Rob and Tim "Ripper" Owens (or Priest/I.E tour, with Owens coming out for some of his songs, etc.) and make a killing.

I don't have a problem with you Slayer or your musical taste, this is just a friendly debate.

I agree Owens w/ Iced Earth was hell good.

Guest RadioBurning
Slayer-style, best on the left and worst on the right.

static.jpg misfits-famousmonsters.jpg

When I offer the same opinion, my friends always pimp Legacy of Brutality and talk about how it was Doyle's favorite.

c46141rq3et.jpg

Best:

c5291792v42.jpg

Worst:

Gasp! Get out.

"Ticket to Ride", "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away", "Yesterday", and the title track greatly disagree with you. No way that's the worst.

I don't know -- there is something about Help! that I've always just plain-out disliked. At least compared to the other Beatles releases. I agree that the songs that you listed are good, but those are really just the pick of the litter -- there are a lot of songs on the album that just aren't that great, and sometimes not even good in the first place.

And Inc, what would you list as Husker's worst? I love all of their albums, but as for "least best" for me it always comes down to Land Speed Record, Candy Apple Grey, and Everything Falls Apart. I personally don't really mind the commercial sheen on the production of CAG, and it has a lot of really great gems on it... meanwhile, something about the non-stop abrasive cacaphony of LSR has always been compelling to me. Really EFA wasn't chosen as the WORST Husker record, but rather the least distinct one. There is no other album in their catalogue that I listen to less, but it isn't a bad record by any means.

White Album's got some crap on it. "Wild Honey Pie" and "Rocky Racoon" and shit like that. I actually like those songs, but they're really not very good. Were it not a double album, it would be worse, but with enough good stuff, they just kind of make it fun. In fact, I think I'm talking myself into ranking it up on my favorite Beatles albums list. Not #1 though, never.

By the way, after Abbey Road, I would have had Revolver and Magical Mystery Tour ahead of the White Album for sure. May be re-evaluated, as noted.

Best

stitled.jpg

Worst

f43262ywknd.jpg

Best

1423783.jpg

Worst

391%20CD%20Get%20Ready.jpg

Best

coil-%20loves%20secret%20domain.gif

Worst

471046.jpg

as for Beatles Picks

Best

beatles_revolver_re.jpg

Worst

B00000K4ES.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I know people are going to disagree with this:

Best:

B00005Q4PE.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Worst:

B000077W8N.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I know most will say The Coming or WDS was better, for some reason, I like Genesis better a little bit more.

Worst

f43262ywknd.jpg

Oh, come on. Nobody counts that.

sorry, what I ment to include was

154066.jpg

that out of the way

Best

rs-amblp.jpg

Worst

24126.jpg

154066.jpg

Is this really as bad as everyone has always said it is? I would expect it to be, but still sort of would like to get it cheap sometime, just out of interest alone.

And does anyone here actually own Squeeze on vinyl? Because that would be sweet.