TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BHK

THe OAO Last Raw on Spike TV Thread (09.26.05)

Guest MikeSC

Jesus Spike is unbelievably petty. Is the network run by 12 year olds?

*remembers Stripperella

I suppose so.

Guest *KNK*

I was completely expecting WWE to take the low road and just trash SPIKETV but amazingly they took the high road here until they realized how petty SPIKE was and just decided "fuck it...here we go".

I don't recall USA doing that to WWE when they were leaving.

Guest MikeSC

No, they didn't.

And God help TNA if they ever upset Spike.

Bunch of petulant children.

Guest *KNK*

What's most amazing about tonight was that...

Paul Heyman was telling the truth about those idiotic people in charge there.

I wonder if Vince will bring back Spike Dudley for one night and have him get destroyed just so the announcers can talk about 'Spike' not having heart or guts.

But they always talk about him having heart and guts. What they would do, though, is just call him "Dudley" with no mention of his first name, similiar to that bizarre SD angle last year when the Dudleys joined up with Heyman.

Guest MikeSC

Just have him cut a promo and edit it unmercifully.

Shame they couldn't do this editing job on their lame-ass "We Got Pop!" ads...

Guest wildpegasus

I need gossip!

I caught the beginning of Raw with the weird "Technical difficulties" bit but I missed the rest.

How many punches were thrown tonight between Spike and the WWE? I need a list.

Edit -- Never mind.

I wonder if Vince will bring back Spike Dudley for one night and have him get destroyed just so the announcers can talk about 'Spike' not having heart or guts.

But they always talk about him having heart and guts. What they would do, though, is just call him "Dudley" with no mention of his first name, similiar to that bizarre SD angle last year when the Dudleys joined up with Heyman.

Just rememeber that you're talking about a guy who wanted to bring out someone in a Panda costume on a UK PPV and beat him up just because he lost a lawsuit against the World Wildlife Fund.

Well, it's not like WWE are paragons of virtue. Vince made ridiculous demands when negotiating and seeing that WWE didn't deliver ratings it on a consistent basis due to bad booking and failure to create stars, (this is where some will insert the "cyclical" defense) I could see where Spike didn't want to give Vince what he wanted, despite WWE helping Spike get from TNN to where they are now.

However, I don't see where Spike owes WWE anything. Their deal is over. I'm sure Vince is just loving thinking he's the victim here when, if given the chance, he'd screw with whoever over whatever whenever he can. I'm sure if WWE were a hotter commodity, Vince wouldn't think twice about fucking Spike over for a better deal and would probrably kick dirt on the network on the way out. Spike isn't right for handling things like they did, but it's not like WWE is known for being a company that is very honorable and deserving of a nice send-off.

Guest MikeSC

There's a difference in letting a deal expire and fucking with the last broadcast in the deal.

Spike crossed that line. And it's not the first time that channel has done that to somebody.

Vince didn't produce an offensive show tonight.

Maybe now that they're back on USA, the girls can actually be shown on television in thongs again. They have to know how ridiculous it looks to see a thong underneath boyshorts.

That's because he can't. It would make him look worse in the industry if he had a show littered with sniping at Spike. He already has UPN up his ass for the Muhammed Hassan fiasco and the last thing he needs is Viacom (?) looking for a reason to have lawyers looking for clauses to get out of their new deal the moment they screw up again and do something really offensive.

Raw will not air on February 13, 2006 due to the Westminster Dog Show; it will be shown Wednesday, February 15.

Raw will not air August 28, 2006 due to the US Open; it will not be rescheduled.

Raw will not air September 4, 2006 due to the US Open; it will be shown Friday, September 8.

Guest MikeSC

That's because he can't. It would make him look worse in the industry if he had a show littered with sniping at Spike. He already has UPN up his ass for the Muhammed Hassan fiasco and the last thing he needs is Viacom (?) looking for a reason to have lawyers looking for clauses to get out of their new deal the moment they screw up again and do something really offensive.

Which makes Spike's pettiness all the more baffling. This was unbelievably unprofessional from an allegedly professionally-run network.

There's a difference in letting a deal expire and fucking with the last broadcast in the deal.

Letting a deal expire? You obviously know nothing of the story.

In 1994, the United Kingdom-based World Wildlife Fund (a company founded in the early-1960s while the World Wide Wrestling Federation didn't become World Wrestling Federation until the early-1980s) and Vince were having a very civil dispute over the "WWF" initials.

In that year, Vince signed a contractual agreement with the Fund. In that agreement, Vince said that he would never market his company as "WWF" anywhere outside North America. Basically, the Fund said, "We don't care what you do in your primary market, just keep it out of everywhere else." Guess how many times Vince followed that agreement and marketed his product as something other than "WWF" outside of North America?

Zero.

Vince thought he was bigger and more important than signed, contractual, lawful documents, and it finally bit him in the ass in 2002 when that UK judge said, "The Fund can use the initials and you, under any circumstances, may no longer use them."

Guest MikeSC

Letting a deal expire? You obviously know nothing of the story.

In 1994, the United Kingdom-based World Wildlife Fund (a company founded in the early-1960s while the World Wide Wrestling Federation didn't become World Wrestling Federation until the early-1980s) and Vince were having a very civil dispute over the "WWF" initials.

In that year, Vince signed a contractual agreement with the Fund. In that agreement, Vince said that he would never market his company as "WWF" anywhere outside North America. Basically, the Fund said, "We don't care what you do in your primary market, just keep it out of everywhere else." Guess how many times Vince followed that agreement and marketed his product as something other than "WWF" outside of North America?

Zero.

Vince thought he was bigger and more important than signed, contractual, lawful documents, and it finally bit him in the ass in 2002 when that UK judge said, "The Fund can use the initials and you, under any circumstances, may no longer use them."

And if I was referring to this case, and not SpikeTV, you'd have a point.

Raw will not air September 4, 2006 due to the US Open; it will be shown Friday, September 8.

So RAW's going head to head with Smackdown?

SD's deal with UPN should be up around that time

I hate the move back to USA due to the dog show crap and tennis. No way NBC is showing the US Open due to the fact that CBS has the national contract for it and USA has the cable contract.

Quick question about the woman's title match ... what do you guys think was originally planned for the bump that became "Trish falls from Victoria's lap and Victoria nearly kills herself trying to make a 'oh-shit' save"?

It looked like they were building to something, but Trish lost her balance and Victoria tied her up enough to lessen the fall.

Wait a minute. I thought Vince could use the initials but, he had to change the logo or pay the Fund anytime he used WWF in the UK. But, Vince said fuck it and changed the name to WWE.

Guest deinly1

^ Yea, that looked as if there was going to try some sort of frankensteineresque throw where Trish would lean back and flip Victoria with her legs backwards off the top rope.

I'm hoping the SD match on Raw will be Kennedy vs Benoit thereby beginning a feud, but that probably wont happen cuz they got Bookman in line.

Also, why is everyone so shocked that spike would bleep out the name of a competing network? WWE had been dancing around the name USA for weeks leading up to the "homecoming" (most likely named that in order to allude to the fact they are going back "home" to USA. Only the humanoids wouldn't be able to figure that one out.