TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

Who will have the better 30 Min. Iron Man Match?

Which match will be the better 30 Min Iron Man Match?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Which match will be the better 30 Min Iron Man Match?

• HBK v. Kurt Angle
    • AJ Styles v. Christopher Daniels
    • Wash (tie)

Seeing WWE counter TNA in 30 min Iron Man matches, I had to wonder which match do you all think will be better?

I would've posted this in General Wrestling, but they don't have the Poll option. Mods, feel free to move this unless you feel it's appropriate here in WWE folder.

I think an HBK/Angle match would probably get the edge based on psychology as the X-Division guys will put on a spotfest where the final score will end up being 25 to 24 or something silly...

Daniels and Styles will be anything but a spotfest. To be quite honest, the best workers in this thing, I think are:

1/2: Angle/Daniels(this is about even to me actually)

3: Styles

4: HBK.

While HBK can put together a match better, he and styles both sporatically sell, though styles has a better offensive set, takes bumps better, and at this point, has better pacing than HBK. Daniels/Angle...they are just about a push. Both guys are extremely good at what they do, though I think if you lined their matches up side by side, Daniels matches will look alot better, because he has the luxury of not having to stick to the WWE mandated wrestling style.

Simply put, I think Daniels and Styles are in better shape and can go for longer than Angle/Michaels without going to restholds or wind getting manuvers. Plus the last Daniels/Styles 30 mintue Iron Man match I saw (the one Styles won in overtime) was simply amazing and I liked it better than any match I have seen Michaels and Angle put on together. No reason to believe they won't do it again.

The only variable I can see is that Styles/Daniels might go out and try and put on a completely different match because the TNA fans have seen it before, while the WWE have no problems repeating a match (like Angle/Kane had the same match 3 times when Kane was a face). If Styles and Daniels try to do something new (and they will) it COULD POTENTIALLY not work, thus giving it to Angle/Michaels...but I don't see that happening.

I will restrain from voting until HBK vs Angle III has been officially confirmed (quite possibly tonight), but it seems like a tough choice nonetheless. I really like Styles and Daniels (specially the latter) and from all accounts it seems their previous 30 min. match is the TNA MOTY so far (possibly along with Unbreakable's 3-way), although I have yet to see it (but I will when I get the X-Div. DVD). HBK vs Angle from Mania is my MOTY at this point, and I like their second encounter more with each new viewing, so I'm pretty confident they could at the very least maintain the quality level with a new match. The only downside I can think of are the inevitable commercial breaks on USA which could/will hurt the match. Anyways, I know which match I'm most eagerly waiting for, and that's HBK vs. Angle, so that's what I'm voting.

I just don't see how Michaels can build a convincing ironman match in that frame of time, given the Michaels requisite that he has to take a beating for 95% of the match. All we've seen in the past three years with the guy is a thirty minute match with a long build-up to the babyface comeback - how do you expect me to believe that Shawn will have enough time to sell two or three comebacks in that time?

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I want to see guys with convincing offense to do the 30-minute ironman. I can buy Samoa Joe or Chris Benoit beating the tar out of someone and getting multiple falls in that timeframe, but with guys like Shawn and Angle who have an offense that take twenty-five minutes to get going, especially with the roles they've played in their two previous match-ups, it's going to fall short of everyone's expectations.

Given how masturbatory and lame the Angle-HBK rematch was, I'll go with AJ vs. Daniels. I suppose Angle vs. HBK would be the better match if both guys just went out there and had a match without trying to force out a classic, but I don't see it happening that way.

Didn't AJ and Daniels already do the 30 minute Ironman? If they do the exact same match, that would suck. If they built on the previous one and add new spots in it, then they would win hands down because I don't see Angle and Shawn bringing anything new to the table.

Didn't AJ and Daniels already do the 30 minute Ironman? If they do the exact same match, that would suck. If they built on the previous one and add new spots in it, then they would win hands down because I don't see Angle and Shawn bringing anything new to the table.

I don't think you have anything to fear in a repeating as far as AJ and Daniels is concerned. They have enough carte blanche in the company to do whatever to have a blowaway match and Daniels is too smart to just repeat the same match they did earlier in the year.

Guest JesusJuiced

Incidentally, if anyone wants to see how great Styles/Daniels first Ironman was, it's being streamed on their website in the best of TNA show.

I think an HBK/Angle match would probably get the edge based on psychology as the X-Division guys will put on a spotfest where the final score will end up being 25 to 24 or something silly...

Just like the amazing psychology of Angle vs Michaels at WrestleMania 21?

Daniels and Styles will be anything but a spotfest.  To be quite honest, the best workers in this thing, I think are:

1/2: Angle/Daniels(this is about even to me actually)

Shit, I would love to see those two in a 30 min iron man match. :D

Guest *KNK*

It's not even remotely an legitimate comparison. Shawn/Angle have yet to show any ability to craft anything other then a masturbatory exhibtion style match between the two of them.

Most of the time, WWE Iron Man matches aren't that great. Benoit vs. HHH on Raw either last year or this year was good, but HBK/Hart, HHH/Rock, and Angle/Lesnar weren't anything to brag about, especially the Angle/Lesnar Iron Man match, which was by far the worst of them all.

For now, I'll have to go with Styles/Daniels, since there's no WWE style that'll have them doing the same match instead of building off of their previous match like they should.

Guest Coffey

Styles/Daniels will actually have selling. Although I admit it'll have a greater risk for botched spots as well.

Although I admit it'll have a greater risk for botched spots as well.

That's the downside of being able to do so much. Also, at least with Styles vs. Daniels we won't be likely to see any spots repeated in the match. With Angle vs. Shawn, we'll get a bunch of the same spots two or three times during the match.

I just wished the wwe would have this type of competition every week to help them come out of this mediocrity they have been in since WM 21. Spike should always have some UFC/TNA stuff to keep the wwe on point.

True. Very true and the fans have spoken by not watching in droves as well. A crappy nitro against RAW is actually better for the industry than what we have now. Who would have thought that 5 years ago when everyone was ripping on wcw?

Most of the time, WWE Iron Man matches aren't that great.  Benoit vs. HHH on Raw either last year or this year was good, but HBK/Hart, HHH/Rock, and Angle/Lesnar weren't anything to brag about, especially the Angle/Lesnar Iron Man match, which was by far the worst of them all.

Personally, I think the opposite is true. Benoit vs. HHH was the worst of all of those you mention, with HHH vs Rock being the best one. I would even go as far as to say it was one of the best matches of 2000. HBK vs Hart always spurs some neverending debate, as it is panned by the IWC but highly regarded by its participants and other wrestlers.

Guest Brian
I just wished the wwe would have this type of competition every week to help them come out of this mediocrity they have been in since WM 21. Spike should always have some UFC/TNA stuff to keep the wwe on point.

I don't think they're coming out of whatever funk they're in. This show seems to be built on a whil, with little thought to long-term booking, and they're trotting out the old stars to make up for their utter failure to create new ones. Same shit, just with more flair.

Guest IttoOgami

Styles and Daniels are world class, Angle and HBK have both lost a step.

This is no contest

Guest wildpegasus
How good are Styles and Daniels these days?

Better then Angle and Michaels.

I gather you're an indy fan from your posts. Correct?

Last I saw of them was 3 years ago though I think I saw Daniels once or twice since than. How good are they now compared to then?

And when's the Styles/Daniels ironman match on? This ought to be interesting.

Guest MikeSC

I'll say Daniels v Styles, only because they won't have commercial breaks killing the flow of the match.

Guest *KNK*

Last I saw of them was 3 years ago though I think I saw Daniels once or twice since than. How good are they now compared to then?

I'm a wrestling fan. Indy, WWE or Puro.

Styles/Daniels already had their first 30 minute Iron-Man eariler this year but the "sequel" will be at Bound for Glory, the next PPV from TNA.

AJ Styles does Shawn's routine better and flashier and more innovatively and Daniels is a smarter worker then Angle.

Shawn and Angle are past their primes and simply couldn't possibly compare to Daniels/Styles.

Guest wildpegasus

I'm a wrestling fan. Indy, WWE or Puro.

Styles/Daniels already had their first 30 minute Iron-Man eariler this year but the "sequel" will be at Bound for Glory, the next PPV from TNA.

AJ Styles does Shawn's routine better and flashier and more innovatively and Daniels is a smarter worker then Angle.

Shawn and Angle are past their primes and simply couldn't possibly compare to Daniels/Styles.

It's too bad I can't see any of their rescent work but from everything I've seen I must say Angle and Michaels are better than Daniels and Styles. That is of course going by Daniels and Styles work from 3 years ago. To say that Angle and Michaels couldn't possibly compare to Styles and Daniels today must mean that they've gotta be putting Kobashi, Eddie, Rey, KENTA and Benoit to shame. They're that good now?

To say that Angle and Michaels couldn't possibly compare to Styles and Daniels today must mean that they've gotta be putting Kobashi, Eddie, Rey, KENTA and Benoit to shame. They're that good now?

It's a combination of Styles and Daniels getting better, and Angle and Shawn getting worse. Even if Angle and Shawn were allowed to go all out, they still couldn't touch Styles and Daniels.