TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest *KNK*

Ring of Honor 10.1.05 "Orange Krush" Results

Guest *KNK*

Here are the on going results (via the roh board) for tonight's HUGE show in Manhattan

1. Claudio Castagnoli d. Colt Cabana with a Sit Down Powerbomb in about 10 minutes. The Rottweilers were all over the building in the balconies and such distracting Colt. One of them (not sure which one) distracted Colt from the entrance way, leading to Claudio getting the win!

2. Christopher Daniels won the Three Way Elimination match. Azrieal was eliminated first by Matt Sydal after a top rope belly to belly suplex in about 10 minutes. Daniels then pinned Sydal after the Angels Wings. Total match time was about 15 minutes, and it was said to be a "very good match"

3. Tony Mamaluke & Sal Rinauro defeated BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs to win the ROH Tag Team Titles! Jacobs was the one who was pinned...Whitmer had been put through a table (bumped off the apron through a table).

4. Nigel McGuinness defeated Jay Lethal to keep the ROH Pure Title. Nigel hit Lethal with his iron while the ref's back was turned

5. Roderick Strong forced Jimmy Rave to submit to his Boston Crab (Strong Lock?). After the match The Embassy were beating down Strong, and Jade Chung hit Rave with a low blow. She took off her robe and left with Roderick!

WAR GAMES IS ANNOUNCED FOR 12/3 BETWEEN EMBASSY AND GEN NEXT.

Intermission is now over. After Intermission, Lacey came out and announced that she will announce her new Lacey's Angels tomorrow night!

6. Rickey Reyes defeated Kelly Primo in about a minute. Obviously a TOTAL squash!

7. James Gibson defeated Jimmy Yang with the Front Guillotine Choke. After the match Gibson cut a promo putting over Yang, Roderick Strong, and basically the entire ROH Roster. An "ROH" chant started afterwards.

8. Jack Evans defeated Homicide with a rollup. Cabana came out on in the balcony and gave a freestyle rap which distracted Homicide.

9. Kenta Kobashi defeated Samoa Joe with a lariat. exitenglish said that Kobashi "lariated the $**t out of Joe!" He said that it was an amazing match, with both guys chopping the hell out of each other, and just being really really stiff. said that it was the best match in ROH's HISTORY!

There's your show.

Edited by *KNK*

Guest *KNK*
And everyone hoping for the Briscoes sighs.

There's an open challenge still set for "Burning" tomorrow, so if it happens, that's the likely time but Gabe publically said Briscoes aren't appearing...

It kicked ass and was stiff as hell. Joe's chest was so red by the end of that match. Big "arigato" chant at the end. Bob was right...the New Yorker is an awesome place to see a wrestling card. It was great seeing Kobashi wrestle live in such a small venue. They're moving to Chelsea Piers for the December card.

Heel Nigel is the best thing in ROH right now.

He was pretty funny...he started to do Bret's "I'm the best there is" routine, which prompted a short "We want Bret" chant.

Guest wildpegasus

I'm interested in seeing Kobashi vs Joe.

One thing I want to know - Is ROH still using that trampline ring? That's been a pet peeve of mine.

Guest *KNK*

here is a semi-detailed report of Kobashi/Joe

Kobashi vs Joe

Greatest. Match. Ever. First, the crowd was absolutely on fire for this match. Kobashi was getting a lot of cheers and would get the fans on their feet by just looking at them and hulking up. I have never seen Joe so intense for this match. He came up with Lethal as his second/assistant. Match starts with Joe slapping Kobashi and Kobashi returning the favor. The first Kobashi chop gets the fans on their feet. Kobashi is thrown outside and Joe hits him with a baseball slide (maybe i dont remember well) and hits a suicide dive onto him for "Holy ****" chants. Goes back inside for some insane stiff chopping which gets the electric crowd on their feet. It goes back outside where Joe hits an ole ole kick. However, Kobashi avoids the second one and instead hits a move of his own which received a huge pop but I couldn't see. Kobashi DDTs Joe on the floor. Goes back inside for more chopping. Joe eventually gets control after a Kobashi abdominal stretch and starts locking on submission holds. Eventually Joe reverses a Kobashi suplex into a suplex of his own. Joe places him on the turnbuckle and hits him with a Muscle Buster! Crowd is going wild for only a two count. Joe hits a power bomb and flows into an STF. Kobashi almost gets the ropes but Joe in a crossface holds back his arm! Kobashi finally gets to the ropes. Kobashi eventually regains control and hits joe in the corner with a bunch of chops, leading to a huge pop. Kobashi then hits not one but two Half Nelson Suplexes! Joe kicks out of a couple of pins but then is met with a sleeper into a sleeper suplex! There might have been some more moves afterwards but eventually Kobashi gets pumped up and hits Joe with a crazy lariat for the win. Crowd goes nuts and chants ROH!

Just got home. I was in section C where the "ARIGATO!" chants started and Kobashi pointed at us and I almost shit myself green. Very few Japanese fans, I saw only about 6-7. Usual screams of idiocy from obese fans that almost ruined every single match but besides the main event (of course) and Yang vs Gibson, which was pretty good.

Joe's chest still wasn't as blue as Sasaki's, but nasty enough. Everyone's jaw dropped when Kobashi started and continued the chop sodomy, even of those who have never seen any of his matches. And there were handful of those guys, mainly from the uptown area (who most likely came to see Homicide kill Evans and Julius pimp his gold teeth).

Hearing in my left ear is about 40% and my throat is extremely soar, but seeing Kobashi was one of the most memorable moments in my life.

I'm going tommorow and CAN'T WAIT!!! My first live ROH, and I can see Kobashi and Joe...and Ki and Homicide all being stiff and awesome to each other! Plus the new authority figure, Gibson's last ROH match, Yang/Daniels, new tag champs! Whoooaa boy. Well it's great to hear Kobashi was busting his ass, bodes well for tommorow.

Joe/Kobashi is MATCH OF THE YEAR FOR ME. Unfortunately, I had GA tickets, and I had to stand up in a corner that I could barely see. In the second half, I better situated myself. I MARKED OUT HARD for Joe/Kobashi, and the crowd response made it better. I was right next to these two Japanese guys. They didn't know English, and I THINK they were writing a review, since I looked over their notepad, and they were writing notes in Japanese everytime a major move happened in the match. They must have been WOWED by the insane energy of the crowd...

Guest John Dub

Just a quick question: I'm going tonight and the belltime is 6. What time can I expect the show to be over?

I tried to start a Bob Barron Sucks chant before Gibson came out. Didn't really catch on.

My "Take Your Clothes Off" chant towards Lacey did, however.

Joe/Kobashi wasn't the greatest match EVER...but it was pretty damn good. Crowd was way into Kobashi, even though half of them probably have never seen a match of his (neither have I).

Pictures will be up later.

Guest *KNK*

Here's tonight's card which is essentially the follow up to last night's show

Dream Tag Team Match

NOAH & WLW present Kenta Kobashi & Homicide vs. Samoa Joe & Low Ki

Special Challenge Match

Christopher Daniels with Allison Danger vs. Jimmy Yang

James Gibson's Final ROH Match

James Gibson vs. Roderick Strong

Grudge Match

Matt Sydal vs. Jimmy Rave with Prince Nana & Jade Chung

Bonus Attraction Match

Colt Cabana vs. Jack Evans

Four Corner Survival

ROH Pure Champion Nigel McGuinness vs. Jay Lethal vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Davey Andrews

ROH Tag Team Title Match

Tony Mamaluke & Sal Rinauro will defend vs. Dunn & Marcos

also booked are Lacey's Angels and the newest members of the angels, BJ Whitmer, Jimmy Jacobs and Ricky Reyes...

They will also announce the new authority figure.

Good to know that even in my absence, making reference to Lacey being a whore still goes on.

Nigel's new heel shtick really sounds great. My friend who rolls his eyes at my Nigel markdom, said Nigel was a great heel.

Did anyone yell JAMIE BAH GOD GIBSON THE REDNECK MESSIAH?

Lacey sounded like she was getting annoyed by the chants...lol.

She called all the guys perverts, and she said said she was worth more than the dollar guys in the crowd were offering her. She left, and on the ramp, some guy tried to give her money, and she ripped it up! Hopefully, that wasn't a twenty or something.

Daniels vs Yang should be good I guess. I didn't like the 3-way elimination match from the yesterday's show with Daniels.

Lacey said that if the fans wouldn't stop yelling she would not stop talking, which pretty much shut most people up, including this annoying fuck who looked like Michael Moore.

If Nigel was a smaller guy I would get into his heel cowardly antics a bit more. Like when he was afraid to get chopped by Lethal, way too much stalling, not enough wrestling.

Another spot I gotta mention, Joe powerbombing Kobashi in the corner which Kobashi sold very nicely, along with the muscle buster for 2.9

so expect a 6 man tag or mayhem too be added?

Reyes may be the newest member of Lacey's Angels, but I'm hoping for someone not alreay announced.. like.. Jerelle Clark or haha DELIRIOUS.. .. jokes about Delirious. Either Reyes, Clark, or ADAM PEARCE. Adam Pearce is my pick.

Then we could have something like Izzy, Deranged, and Pearce v. Clark, Jacobs, & Whitmer.

and Reyes v. some other random studen in a 40 second squash.

Lacey sounded like she was getting annoyed by the chants...lol.

She called all the guys perverts, and she said said she was worth more than the dollar guys in the crowd were offering her. She left, and on the ramp, some guy tried to give her money, and she ripped it up! Hopefully, that wasn't a twenty or something.

Ha, is that what happened? As she was walking out, I heard everyone gasp, "OOOOOHHHHH" at something, but I couldn't see anything from where I was standing.

Did any of you stay to get an autograph from Kobashi? I considered it, but I'm trying to budget, and didn't feel like shelling out $20.

I feel incredibly lucky to have been able to go to this show.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v282/AA_Punk...2010%2001%2005/

I'll have a full write up of the show tomorrow, including all the wrestlers sitting in the balcony to watch Kobashi and how Colt Cabana fears elevators.

you have to adjust you settings to allow public viewing, it asks for your password

No, no grind it chants.

Favorite chants of the night"

"I can't see shit!" - When everybody in the seats kept standing up during the main event when a big spot happened.

"You got served!" - Towards Jack Evans when he and Homicide had a mini dance-off during the beginning of their match.

"Homicide's gonna kill you!" - Towards Evans

It also took me awhile to figure out that was Cabana distracting Homicide from the balcony. Who was the Rotweiler on the far left? I recognized Mack and Reefer but not the other guy...

ROH officials have already decided that there will be no commentary during the Kenta Kobashi vs. Samoa Joe match from 10/1 on the home release. This show is about to go into immediate production. The match is just as epic on video as it was live.

From the ROH site. This is great news, because the match can only come across better without commentary.