TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

NHL Thread

^ Yeah, I'm looking forward to tonight's game ... the B's are playing like a completely different team now than they were in game 1 (OTT debacle excluded).

Should be a fun game

If its in Boston, Montreal will win, at home, I'd expect Theodore to make 58 saves for a loss, while Montreal gets maybe 13 on net.

The Bruins defense is a lot worse than 13 shots allowed.

Martin Havlat was suspended for five games for kicking Hal Gill during the game on saturday. As far as I'm concerned, everyone can kick Hal Gill.

I was watching Off The Record yesterday and the 67's coach Brian Kilrea was trying to justify Havlat's kick as saying he lost his balance and he was trying to protect himself. OOOOOkay.

If its in Boston, Montreal will win, at home, I'd expect Theodore to make 58 saves for a loss, while Montreal gets maybe 13 on net.

I think with you should expect is Theodore allowing 3 or 4 goals on 16 shots as usual.

I think with you should expect is Theodore allowing 3 or 4 goals on 16 shots as usual.

And you're from Montreal?

Now THAT's disechanted.

Andrew Raycroft is playing out of his mind. Montreal should have at least 5 goals right now due to Boston's lack of defense.

On the bright, Brian Leetch scored his 1000th career point on Boston's third goal.

The Ducks have a pretty good shot at making the playoffs in the bottom half of the Western Conference bracket.  Signing Scott Niedermayer away from the Devils gives their defense instant credibility.

I've been saying that since August. They're my sleeper.

Boy, I like saying 'my sleeper'.

The Kings have 2 big games in 2 nights. The game against Colorado tonight can show that they can actually win on the road, and the game against Detroit can show that the Kings are ready to step up as a top team in the Western Conference. I'm really looking forward to these games.

Guest Rrrsh

Man, this Ranger-Isles game is fun.

I hate the fuckin Rangers, but God you have to think its great for the game if they do well.

The Kings have 2 big games in 2 nights.  The game against Colorado tonight can show that they can actually win on the road, and the game against Detroit can show that the Kings are ready to step up as a top team in the Western Conference.  I'm really looking forward to these games.

You mean Dallas tomorrow, right?

That Rangers v. Islanders game was great. Great pace and tempo.

Am I the only one that gets joy from the mere fact that guys are now skating along, rushing, forechecking, backchecking, joining the attack, etc. unobstructed? I mean, I could care less if every game is 1-0, but the obstruction (so far) has just added so much natural flow and speed that had been taken away.

San Jose absolutely sucks on the road. They had Minnesota in a 1-1 tie after 2, but the Wild hung a 5-goal third period on them.

Speaking of which, how many five-goal periods were there all last season? Two? Three? Any??

The Kings have 2 big games in 2 nights.  The game against Colorado tonight can show that they can actually win on the road, and the game against Detroit can show that the Kings are ready to step up as a top team in the Western Conference.  I'm really looking forward to these games.

You mean Dallas tomorrow, right?

Yeah, I had looked at the schedule wrong.

Garon was pretty good after giving up the 4 goals in the 1st and 2nd period, and Conroy and Demitra had huge games. Big win for the Kings, they needed it.

If Sakic leaves, I will be shocked. Even with all of the player movement recently, I can't see him in another uniform.

Blake will have to take a rather substantial paycut because he's kind of getting on with age. I'd love to see him in a black and gold sweater, but that is dependant on what the Bruins do with their defensive corps.