TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

NHL Thread

I'd have Hainsey up instead of Boullion.

Francis Bouillon is probably the best defenseman they have right now next to Markov. The guy has a lot of heart, speed and he makes great plays. Sourray will hopefully get out of his slump soon, Rivet is doing nothing at all, Komisarek is actually impressive hitting hard. Mark Streit is also impressing me, but Hainsey was nothing more than average, if not under that during pre-season.

I love Francis Bouillon. :wub:

What lacks in Carolina is a strong leadership. Stahl will be a leader, but they need that type of player to give them that extra push.

Rod Brind'Amour took over the leadership role when Ron Francis left. You would hear more about him but he stepped aside and let Eric Staal have the first-string spot. Team still rallies around Brind'Amour.

You'd think Brind'Amour would be a good leader, but he doesn't really provide it. He doesn't have that presense of a leader on the ice, unless he's a locker-room leader.

Anyways here's tonights games

Maple Leafs @ Bruins

Islanders @ Rangers

Panthers @ Flyers

Canadiens @ Senators

Thrashers @ Penguins

Blackhawks @ Red Wings

Canucks @Avalanche

Flames @ Coyotes

The games I highlighted in bold are the ones to watch. Ottawa vs Montreal is a game that is pivital for the first place in the North East division, and its gonna be an exciting game. Too bad no one in my area is going to carry it.

Nucks vs Avs. Everyone is going to tune in to see Todd Bertuzzi getting boo'd at the Pepsi Centre tonight, first game that Vancouver has played in Colorado since the Steve Moore incident.

Few notes:

Martin Brodeur is listed day-to-day after injuring his knee last night against the Lightning.

Atlanta signed goaltender Steve Shields, to help the goaltending issues. I've allways liked Shields and is a good goalie when you need to be count on. (God damn Montreal, why didn't you get him instead!)

Andrew Raycroft pulled his hamstring and is out for a week-10 days. Hannu Toivonen will start tonight for the B's against Toronto.

After watching almost every single Pens game, I'd say it's less Tarnstrom's fault than Gonchar, Odelein, and Orpik before tonight. The thing is, when the defensive defensemen can't even play defense, well, you're in trouble. Throw in the fact that guys like Palffy and LeClair refuse to play defense and you've got some problems. Crosby is amazing, though. He's drawn a ridiculous amount of penalties in the last two games. It's amazing to watch.

That's why I'm glad that Palffy left LA. He was either hurt or couldn't be bothered to play defense. He and Jason Allison are probably my 2 least favorite players.

Maybe, you know Palffy is surrounded with great talent, something that the Kings really lacked in with the past few years.

Gonchar was never a good defencive defencemen. Hell there isn't many more good defencive defencemen left in the league.

I saw Spezza's goal, man did Souray make a good pilon or what, and nice coasting job for the other two Habs players on the ice when Spezza scored.

Beauty goal though.

Guest SavageRulz

Wow, the goal that Spezza scored to beat the Habs last night is one of the nicest I have ever seen. Fantastic.

Hurricanes are playing like a team possessed tonight. Eric Staal has an unofficial hat trick as an earlier goal was credited to another player when it was clearly Staal who put it in.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the RBC Center as packed as it was last night. We have alot of Hurricanes' fans in North Carolina, I believe they were just waiting for them to be competitive again. Their past couple of wins have people flashing back to the Carolina Panthers of '03.

Columbus managed 53 shots on Dwayne Roloson, but only got one goal in regulation and overtime in a 2-1 shootout win over Minnesota.

They play again tonight in Minnesota. Columbus is going to get killed.