TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

NHL Thread

*headdesk*

Hee hee.

Who else thought it was hilarious that Raycroft had to hide in his own net because of debris being thrown on the ice by Bruins fans? It reminded me of the Simpsons episode about the pretzels. "And heeeeerrrrrrrrreee come the miniature Stanley Cups!"

Who else thought it was hilarious that Raycroft had to hide in his own net because of debris being thrown on the ice by Bruins fans? It reminded me of the Simpsons episode about the pretzels. "And heeeeerrrrrrrrreee come the miniature Stanley Cups!"

I didn't find it funny, I found it embarrassing. Yes, it was a questionable penalty, but that's no reason to act bush league and throw shit on the ice. (good Simpsons reference, though)

I was impressed, for the most part, with the Bruins last night. Other than Gill, who might have found a way to get WORSE during the lockout, the team looked pretty good. I liked the way the young guys looked. Raycroft played reasonably well, considering how much time MTL spent in the B's end. Thornton & Murray missed by thismuch a bunch of times, so once they get their timing down, they should be on-point. (oh, and get Isbister off that line ... damn, I miss Knuble already)

Why is Grahame starting in Tampa? I thought they had signed Sean Burke?

Nothing against Grahame...hes just a former Bruin that I'm interested in seeing how he's doing

John Grahame is the No.1 right now to start the season, Burke isnt injured right now he's just the back-up.

Let the Leaf woes begin.

Sundin has suffered a fractured orbital bone and Jeff O'Neil wasn't at practice from a shoulder injury from yesterdays game.

How long till Belfour hurts his back?

Also, who's left in the FA market that the Leafs can sign up. I'm pretty sure they are comtemplating to sign Mark Messier right about now.

Guest I miss Test.

Or Belfour gets drunk off his ass.

The Sabres could still get rid of a goalie. Although, they'll probably wait until all of them are worthless, just like they did with Hasek.

Aw fuck. Well, they played pretty well last night after Sundin went down, even though they couldn't score on the powerplay, so hopefully that'll keep up. Allison and Lindros just need to hold up for a few weeks or they might as well just move the Marlies into the ACC.

Yeah, of all the big centres on the team that people thought would get injured, don't think anyone would have thought it would be Sundin on a fluke play like that.

Guest I miss Test.
I hope Satan scores 4 goals against the sorry ass Sabres.

How'd that work out for you?

The refs cheated with all the penalties.

The Sabres will still finish last in their division, and conference.

Guest I miss Test.
The Sabres have lots of potential

We've heard that here for 30 years.

If it wasn't for a lucky trade for a goalie who spoke funny English, we'd be nowhere near the finals.

What about the French connection in '74. Its probably the most underrated line in Hockey history.

Ya, but Buffalo can really adapt to the rules much quicker, and like Montreal, has the speed in the Eastern Conference, which most teams do not have in the East.

Toronto has defense, just no depth in it. Obviously every team needs to avoid injuries, but Toronto especially. I think the losses of Sundin and ONeill are going to hurt them for more than we think.

Oh, I realize they don't have much depth, but to hear most people talk you'd think they have a bench full of AHLers on the blueline.

The Leafs defence is alright, nothing great, prone to big brainfarts sometimes, but what do you expect with McCabe leading the way. He'll play great for awhile and then do something really stupid. They need Klee back to bump Berg down to the 3rd pairing, at least he's consistent.

The Leafs defence is alright, nothing great, prone to big brainfarts sometimes, but what do you expect with McCabe leading the way.  He'll play great for awhile and then do something really stupid.  They need Klee back to bump Berg down to the 3rd pairing, at least he's consistent.

Exactly what I was thinking.

It's not awful, but not great either. They'll miss Klee.

Rangers look damn good thus far, up 1-0 five minutes in and really outplaying my Habs.

Guest I miss Test.
What about the French connection in '74. Its probably the most underrated line in Hockey history.

Ya, but Buffalo can really adapt to the rules much quicker, and like Montreal, has the speed in the Eastern Conference, which most teams do not have in the East.

I said 30 years. :P

The rules may help the Sabres since they're little fast guys, but fact remains this team has talent, Regier is a stubborn piece of shit that refuses to sign anyone, and the entire organization is not committed in providing a winner. Lord knows why Regier and Ruff have been here nearly a decade.