TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Angels/Yankees ALDS Thread

What in the world was Soiscia doing PH Rivera, who had 15 HRers on the year and was 2-3 tonight, for Kotchman, a lefty, who has 7 home runs. Mo OWNs lefties even more than righties.

Guest TheDon
What in the world was Soiscia doing PH Rivera, who had 15 HRers on the year and was 2-3 tonight, for Kotchman, a lefty, who has 7 home runs. Mo OWNs lefties even more than righties.

Why are you complaining? Last time I checked the Angels lost. I dont think anyone of us should question a manager who has taken his team to the playoffs 3 times in 4 years, 2 division crowns and 1 World Series Championship.

It was a stupid move, plain and simple. That's what smart people do, we look at games and analyze them. You know, pick them apart and see what should have been done at the time with the numbers that are put in front of us.

Based by what you just said, don't ever question Joe Torre again.

Kotchman's a better hitter. Honestly, he should be starting at first base instead of Erstad.

It was a stupid move, plain and simple.  That's what smart people do, we look at games and analyze them.  You know, pick them apart and see what should have been done at the time with the numbers that are put in front of us. 

Based by what you just said, don't ever question Joe Torre again.

....zing.

I feel TheDon lives on borrowed time.

I see your point Al, but lefties hit .177 of Mo. He sometimes leaves the ball over the middle of the plate to righties. I just can't see how you make that move.

Guest TheDon

Yeah because I forgot that each of you are smarter than a manager who has been in baseball all of his life. This is a big game for both teams. Yankees need a great outing from Wang and they need to start getting hitters on base with no outs this time instead of two outs. Yankees were able to keep Chone Figgins off the basebaths and I believe Anderson didn't even get a hit. Vlad the Destroyer is going to need some production around him if the Angels want to win the Series.

I see your point Al, but lefties hit .177 of Mo. He sometimes leaves the ball over the middle of the plate to righties. I just can't see how you make that move.

Yeah, but sometimes you live in danger of carrying the platoon splits too far. I don't know if it was the right move, but it is at least a defensible move.

Yeah because I forgot that each of you are smarter than a manager who has been in baseball all of his life.

I'll be keeping my eye on you. Don't question a single thing Joe Torre does this month or I'll sledgehammer you with quote boxes

Guest TheDon

Wow what a bunch of useless troll posts. That comment was from two weeks ago. I love how everybody here wants me banned but they all completely posts off topic bullshit. Bunch of haters some of you are.

Back on topic. Game starts in 3 and a half hours. I believe the Yankees have the same lineup as last night. Keys for the Yankees is to work the count tonight and get runners on base with less than two outs tonight against Lackey. Wang has to be on top of his game and get the soft groundouts that he was getting against the Blue Jays two last week.

Wow what a bunch of useless troll posts.  That comment was from two weeks ago.  I love how everybody here wants me banned but they all completely posts off topic bullshit.    Bunch of haters some of you are.   

Back on topic.  Game starts in 3 and a half hours.  I believe the Yankees have the same lineup as last night.  Keys for the Yankees is to work the count tonight and get runners on base with less than two outs tonight against Lackey.    Wang has to be on top of his game and get the soft groundouts that he was getting against the Blue Jays two last week.

Great Moments In Literacy, Part II.

Guest TheDon

That is pretty funny coming from someone who does nothing but troll on these boards. Are any of your posts ever on topic???? I also love how you put me down for my literacy but at the same time you are capitalizing every word in the sentence. Yeah you are a real genius.

Back on topic now. Keys for the Angels. They need Figgins and Cabrera on base so Vlad has runners on base. The Angels need to run more and abuse Posadas throwing arm. Most of the Yankee pitchers fail to hold on the runners and with Jorge's reduced arm it is very easy for a runner to steal a base especially against Wang.

Angels fuck up the hit and run once more.

At least the commentators recognized the play this time.

Guest TheDon

Huge 2 out base hit by Cabrera to take the lead 4-2 for the Red Sox I mean Angels. This guy is really becoming a Yankee killer. Wang pitched a great game today especially for being a rookie. If he had some defense behind him he would have pitched even better and came off a victor. These last two innings are going to show what the Yankees are made of and how much they want this series to be a short one. Johnson and Chacon are going to have to pitch the games of their season over the weekend it looks like.

Guest TheDon

Angels win to tie the series at 1-1. I dont want to hear anybody blame one player on the Yankees. Angels had great defense and bullpen pitching as well as timely hitting to win this game and gulp deserved the win. Yankees on the other collectively lost this game. Besides Wang I dont think any other Yankee actually showed up tonight.

Angels win to tie the series at 1-1.  I dont want to hear anybody blame one player on the Yankees.  Angels had great defense and bullpen pitching as well as timely hitting to win this game and gulp deserved the win.  Yankees on the other collectively lost this game.  Besides Wang I dont think any other Yankee actually showed up tonight.

So you praise the Angels' defense and claim Wang was the only Yankee to show up, all in the same breath? Yeah, the errors hurt, but the Angels had a myriad of web gems crammed into nine innings. Nothing the Yankees could do about that.

Guest TheDon

Wang pitched a great game yesterday in my opinion. If the Yankees played better defense behind them they would have won. You cant blame any one Yankee becuase yesterdays game was a collective team loss.