TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

White Sox/Red Sox ALDS Thread

After this huge morale boost, like I said earlier, I've got my broom handy. Garcia is GOLD on the road in Big Games, another close one, sure...but Freddy takes it in Boston.

GO GO GO, GO GO GO, GO GO GO, GO GO GO, GO GO GO.

Guest TheDon

Didn't the Red Sox come back from being down 2-0 against the Indians in 1999? The main difference this year compared to previous years is that they dont have Pedro.

Just like the curse and 1918....and now all those comebacks, they were all in the PAST.....This is the team that should have won the division but blew it at the end of the season. So yes every year is different.

Guest Brian

Freddy has to watch out for the homer in Beantown. But I'm feeling strangely confident in the White Sox, which is a strange sensation.

I have faith in the Red Sox, but it's more of a blind faith. The season swings with Wakefield. If he can go eight innings or so, they'll be fine. They have to stop swinging at first pitches and start working the count. Renteria swinging at the first pitch instead of trying to draw a walk or anything with Mr. Clutch Hit standing on deck really pissed me off.

I think they'll force a game five. They are always tough at home and I know they don't want to get swept.

Guest Brian
Thought you were an M's fan Brian.

Everybody gets that vibe because I'm from Seattle, but I've always loved the White Sox. Frank Thomas was like my idol growing up and playing, so I modeled myself after him as a hitter.

Didn't the Red Sox come back from being down 2-0 against the Indians in 1999?    The main difference this year compared to previous years is that they dont have Pedro.

Pedro circa 1997-1999 was freaking ridiculous. If they had 1999 Pedro, I could see your argument, but Pedro 2005 isn't the main difference. The main difference is the entire pitching staff- Pedro 2005 would've helped, but when you stack your rotation w/ #3 guys, your closer is gone, and your middle relief is dreadful, you can't expect to win.

Granted, last night's performace by Wells was good enough to win (if Graffanino makes that play, the Sox get out of the inning 4-1 or 4-2 at the worst). But a best-case scenario Game 5 w/ either Clement or Arroyo does not look promising, especially w/ the Sox all of a sudden not being able to figure out Contreras.

It's always good to begin your rah-rahs when your team is up 2-0

You may not have been referring to me, but I have had their flag in my sig since before the season and have been a fan since childhood. I haven't had internet access til today, though.

Also, Bob, no. The teams play in different leagues. Tons of people are fans of both teams. I grew up with my dad's side of the family being Cubs obsessed so I saw lots of games, but I prefer the White Sox. I like them both- what's wrong with that? It's not like I claim to like both the Yanks and Sawx.

If a city has two teams, you can't be a fan of both because the natural rivalry that develops.

Just like how you can't be a fan of the Yankees and Mets, Jets and Giants, Giants and A's, etc.

So no, you can't be a fan of both teams.

If a city has two teams, you can't be a fan of both because the natural rivalry that develops.

Just like how you can't be a fan of the Yankees and Mets, Jets and Giants, Giants and A's, etc.

Bob knows the rules quite well.

Well, in that case, I've already explained myself and it's merely a fact that I've been a fan since before they got good this season, so whatever.

Bob, I understand your philosophy, but the fact that I exist and love both teams proves your statement to be inaccurate.

Good to know I can go away for 3 weeks, come back, and have people like Slayer hate me from the start. I missed this board.

Bob knows the rules quite well.

It's funny, because Bob skirts the rules but is still a team slut.

Guest Fishyswa

That hardly applies in baseball, with seperate leagues you can maintain an interest in two teams without it ever conflicting. Natural rivalries don't exist between 70-92 teams and 92-70 teams playing in seperate leagues.

That hardly applies in baseball, with seperate leagues you can maintain an interest in two teams without it ever conflicting. Natural rivalries don't exist between 70-92 teams and 92-70 teams playing in seperate leagues.

Where are you from. Just curious. I know you're a Yankees fan, but are you from greater New York or a similar two-team town? It's harder than you think to "just like both." At least with Cubs and White Sox.

Guest Fishyswa

"Where are you from. Just curious. I know you're a Yankees fan, but are you from greater New York or a similar two-team town? It's harder than you think to "just like both." At least with Cubs and White Sox."

NY, always been a Yankee fan, but it's never led me to dislike the Met's. They've just never done anything that's made me say "I hope this team loses". If it comes down to them and someone else who isn't the Yanks, or can help them by winning, it's just natural to want to see them win.

I mean the worst thing I can say they've done to make me dislike them is sign Pedro, and that's just because I don't like him.

I'm a Yankee fan, and honestly, I have no problem with the Mets. But when you start being a fan of both teams, that's just not cool. Stick to one team. This being a fan of a team from each division thing isn't working.