TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

Kid Kash was labeled the same way, as having an 'attitude problem', which in TNA means that person is speaking their mind about how things are done, and TNA don't like that. No wrestling company does really, but it only seems to be in TNA that people who speak up are suddenly referred to as having a bad attitude.

Kid Kash isn't the best example, considering WWE fired him for the exact same thing.

Kid Kash was labeled the same way, as having an 'attitude problem', which in TNA means that person is speaking their mind about how things are done, and TNA don't like that. No wrestling company does really, but it only seems to be in TNA that people who speak up are suddenly referred to as having a bad attitude.

Kid Kash isn't the best example, considering WWE fired him for the exact same thing.

Kash might have a rep for having a bad attitude, but people who've worked with Kash describe him the same way that newsbit described Starr: brutally honest and outspoken. It's the reverse of people like Melina or Batista, who get reps for being arrogant and aloof, when the reality is they're just naturally shy people, which others mistake for arrogance. I don't think Starr has a bad attitude in the sense that he's hard to get along with. He just speaks his mind and what he says isn't what a lot of people want to hear.

Mike Johnson on PWI says the working plan for Bound For Glory this year is to hold it in Chicago.

- TNA suspended Austin Starr for 90 days. Basically, he was too vocal about things he was unhappy about and they suspended him rather than deal with it. The reality is that most of the locker room (and they blame the X-Division guys, but we're told it's everyone) is unhappy, but most are too afraid to speak up about it. We'll have more in the newsletter this coming week, but basically -- as you can see by the fact that TNA is clamping down on almost all outside interviews, threatening guys with a loss of PPV payoffs if they do any interviews without approval -- the company doesn't want anyone saying anything even remotely negative about anything, like this is going to solve any of their problems. Realistically, in the long run this is only going to make things worse.

F4W

That is fucking harsh.

I'm with TNA,they trying to have control over the company and avoid a WCW situation where guys had more freedom. What made Vince McMAHON more successful than other promoters is his strict persona "I'm the boss and you the employee".

That is fucking harsh.

I'm with TNA,they trying to have control over the company and avoid a WCW situation where guys had more freedom. What made Vince McMAHON more successful than other promoters is his strict persona "I'm the boss and you the employee".

Explain how suspending Austin Starr, while refusing to accept where the problem really lies, does anything positive? It does nothing to solve their many problems, and only lowers morale even further.

That is fucking harsh.

Explain how suspending Austin Starr, while refusing to accept where the problem really lies, does anything positive? It does nothing to solve their many problems, and only lowers morale even further.

Well, it does not solve their problems but it also sends a message who the boss is. If you walking around with a bad attitude and expressing your emotions out loud constantly, you have to be dealt with. I hate my current job and so does my co-workers. Should we walk around showing our anger or be professional? My boss had a meeting with us and gave us a reality check basically saying we can be replace. Starr can be replace as well.

I don't disagree with Starr views, he just going about it in the wrong way. The morale might be low but the other guys is not complaining as long as they get their paychecks.

The poster for this year's Slammiversary:

slammiversary07.jpg

I quite like it.

I liked the original better:

24-285.jpg

Well, it does not solve their problems but it also sends a message who the boss is. If you walking around with a bad attitude and expressing your emotions out loud constantly, you have to be dealt with. I hate my current job and so does my co-workers. Should we walk around showing our anger or be professional? My boss had a meeting with us and gave us a reality check basically saying we can be replace. Starr can be replace as well.

I don't disagree with Starr views, he just going about it in the wrong way. The morale might be low but the other guys is not complaining as long as they get their paychecks.

Instead of just punishing the guy out of hand, why not, say, open your eyes and see if what he's complaining about has merit? I know that's something TNA have shown no willingness to do, ever, but such a radical idea might work. It's also ironic that you expect Starr to be professional when TNA, not only with this situation but in so many things, have shown themselves to be anything but professional. Other guys are complaining too. TNA should be less worried about showing "who the boss is", and worrying more about why they've got a miserable crew of wrestlers on the rosters.

have shown themselves to be anything but professional.

Like what? TNA is not perfect product wise but I can't remember anything about being un-professional unless you can point out a situation.Bush League? Yes! Unprofessional? NO!

With the attitude Starr has, he will not last on a major level at all. Not WWE,NOAH,New Japan,TNA,etc. these guys will not take your sh!t despite the situation.

Since when did wrestling companies listen to wrestlers?

have shown themselves to be anything but professional.

Like what?

Off the top of my head:

Making Ron Killings pay for the surgery he needed due to an injury he got at an Indy date that TNA booked him on.

Not doing anything to help Konnnan pay for the kidney transplant he needs. They were willing to loan him the money but wanted him to pay it all back. AAA, the promotion in Mexico that Konnan helps book, held a benefit show for him, but TNA? Nothing.

Stopping paying for the trans and hotel for the undercard wrestlers, to where they had to start going five or six to a room to save money, but all the while continuing to pay for the hotel for the production crew.

A couple of years ago, when Scott Hall was part of the company, he went on a huge bender in Singapore that was so that his friends were genuinely worried for his health. Most of the roster wanted him gone, but how did Jeff Jarrett, who was the power at the time, respond? Kept Hall around, against the wishes of just about everyone else, with the rationalization that "well, it wasn't on our watch". Yeah, you really want to keep around a guy who not only shows that he's self-destructing to such a degree that his friends fear for his life, but who could show up to work hammered at any time and risk who knows what going on if you happen to put him in a match.

I could go on, but the point has been made.

Speaking of the Austin Starr fiasco, here's more on it, and the ongoing disgruntlement of the TNA roster, from F4W:

Austin Aries was "suspended for 90 days". He was one of several guys asked to film a vignette on their day off, and he wasn't down with that and

was asking a ton of questions about why it was necessary. TNA has now become a police state where guys are not allowed to make any statements publicly that might rock the boat, to the point where they are no longer allowed to do any unapproved radio appearances (and if you look at how many TNA interviews there are these days, few guys are getting approval). So he argued about it, and in the end agreed to shoot the vignettes, but they were annoyed that he argued and didn't want to deal with it, so they sent him home. Basically, they're sending a message to everyone.There is a huge disparity between the office, the top-level talent and everyone else. People are trying to get the word out that "the X-Division is unhappy", but the reality, as was apparent in interviews before the ban went into affect, is that nearly everyone in the company is unhappy. The top level guys who are making huge money and working few dates are largely fine, but even at that level there is some unhappiness. The office doesn't want to hear anything about it, hence things like Aries' suspension, and is said to be oblivious to the fact that the locker room is constantly laughing at the absurdity of stuff like the blindfold match and the electrified cage match. Basically, if you took anything written on any of the major wrestling sites or newsletters, most of the talent would agree with it while the office would be outraged.

Alvarez also points out that a problem with the Jarrett babyface turn, and partly a reason why it's not really taking, is that TNA have done so many swerves, including a fake babyface turn with Tomko a week or two before Jarrett returned to turn face, that fans aren't really buying into the Jarrett because of the expectation that it'll be just another swerve.

And to top it off, and I don't think it's been mentioned here yet, the main event for Sacrifice will be Chrstian vs. Sting vs. Kurt Angle.

Not doing anything to help Konnnan pay for the kidney transplant he needs. They were willing to loan him the money but wanted him to pay it all back. AAA, the promotion in Mexico that Konnan helps book, held a benefit show for him, but TNA? Nothing.

Paying for hip replacement surgery is nothing? And how well do you think a Konnan tribute show would draw in the States?

Making Ron Killings pay for the surgery he needed due to an injury he got at an Indy date that TNA booked him on.

Was it in a TNA ring against a TNA wrestler? TNA has never been obligated to pay for surgery. It's not in the contracts.

Just like Killings,TNA IS NOT OBLIGATED to pay and it does not say that in the contracts. Konnan injuries happen long before TNA. TNA loaning him money just so he can pay it back is reasonable and very professional.

Stopping paying for the trans and hotel for the undercard wrestlers, to where they had to start going five or six to a room to save money, but all the while continuing to pay for the hotel for the production crew.

Who make more money,wrestlers or non-wrestlers? The wrestlers, they only have to go to Orlando three times a month. It's not that expensive. The regular guys don't really have the money that the wrestlers make, so TNA feel more obligated to pay them. The wrestlers should not be spoil. WWE don't pay for all the wrestlers hotel or hospital bills(it depends on certain wrestlers contracts like JBL or HBK)

A couple of years ago, when Scott Hall was part of the company, he went on a huge bender in Singapore that was so that his friends were genuinely worried for his health. Most of the roster wanted him gone, but how did Jeff Jarrett, who was the power at the time, respond? Kept Hall around, against the wishes of just about everyone else, with the rationalization that "well, it wasn't on our watch". Yeah, you really want to keep around a guy who not only shows that he's self-destructing to such a degree that his friends fear for his life, but who could show up to work hammered at any time and risk who knows what going on if you happen to put him in a match.

How long ago that was? Every company gives wrestlers special treatment sometimes. It's a common mistake in the business.

You forgot who basically runs AAA right now,KONNAN. He probably came up with the idea himself.

Bryan Alvarez hates wrestling and is very annoying.

I guess some people must really love their blinkers.

And you'd make a shitty boss to work for.

You have to look at the situation from a realistic point of view. Just because TNA is horrible don't give the right for talent to act out. You can't make a case for Austin Starr.

Were the vignettes at question another genius idea like the Nash/fat oily guy/ring girl, American Idol parody? That's nothing but self serving crap that only humors the people who wrote it and does nothing for the actual wrestlers or the fans who have to suffer through the crap.

What I think we have to keep in mind with Aries is that, in certain situations, if tact is used to deal with an issue that is bothering talent, then things can potentially be alleviated and not be brought to this point. On the subject of Kid Kash, word always seemed to be he missed that whole point of tact. He let loose on his opinions without really thinking through what he was doing. This may have been similar to Aries, so with that said, there may be some potential justification on TNA's part to "suspend" him. I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here a bit, I guess. Then again Killings has vocally spoke up on his push, or lack thereof, times before, and we see what they are doing with him now - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Is he even currently injured? Then again, there we go again, was he respectful in his frustrations or were they just expressed in a very non-professional way? As an owner of a company myself, I know I deal with my employees who come to me respectfully and with professionalism on their concerns way differently than those who try to almost create unrest within my company by making scenes, stirring shit, not knowing the meaning of tact, etc, etc. You tend to miss their point when they go overboard with things. Also, his suspension may have had alot to do with the stuff that occured back in 05 with Aries, back then, being tagged as a problem person with the way he vocally handled his concerns then too.

There was a point brought up in the latest Observer about the train of thought of the company right now in terms of the "Fire Russo" chants in that the fans arent literally just saying "Russo sucks" per-se, but it's more a line to say that certain things in the company suck by the fan's standards. Instead TNA management is just counteracting that by saying the response means nothing just because apparently Russo didnt book some of these wacky ideas and gimmick matches. They dont get it. Regardless of who booked it is irrelevant, the fans just don't want shit like that, and for the company to be so blinded to not realize that is mind boggling.

What I think we have to keep in mind with Aries is that, in certain situations, if tact is used to deal with an issue that is bothering talent, then things can potentially be alleviated and not be brought to this point. On the subject of Kid Kash, word always seemed to be he missed that whole point of tact. He let loose on his opinions without really thinking through what he was doing. This may have been similar to Aries, so with that said, there may be some potential justification on TNA's part to "suspend" him. I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here a bit, I guess. Then again Killings has vocally spoke up on his push, or lack thereof, times before, and we see what they are doing with him now - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Is he even currently injured? Then again, there we go again, was he respectful in his frustrations or were they just expressed in a very non-professional way? As an owner of a company myself, I know I deal with my employees who come to me respectfully and with professionalism on their concerns way differently than those who try to almost create unrest within my company by making scenes, stirring shit, not knowing the meaning of tact, etc, etc. You tend to miss their point when they go overboard with things. Also, his suspension may have had alot to do with the stuff that occured back in 05 with Aries, back then, being tagged as a problem person with the way he vocally handled his concerns then too.

Agree

I think Killings is really injured. When the last time he wrestle for any company? I think the going to Hollywood storyline was a way to get him off tv.

I never understood why people thought TNA should pay for Konnan's surgery.

I didn't either. Especially after the fact that they already DID pay for his hip replacement surgery and that this kidney problem could have been brought on by years of steroid abuse.

Given TNA's reactions when it comes to people speaking negatively about the company, I don't think it would have mattered how Aries or Killings voiced their complaints.

I think it might - lets use Konnan as an example. I think he's smart enough to "play the game" and understand respect and professionalism with his experiences in the business. Sure, he can voice his displeasures (and I'm sure he does) but yet there hasn't ever been a TNA reprimand for him.

I never understood why people thought TNA should pay for Konnan's surgery.

I didn't either. Especially after the fact that they already DID pay for his hip replacement surgery and that this kidney problem could have been brought on by years of steroid abuse.

I personally feel it would have been a good act for the company to help out a guy how needed a kidney replacement. They obliviously have the money to keep guys like Kevin Nash on the payroll but can't stump up the cash for a guy with kidney trouble. What kind of message does that send out about TNA?

Frankly TNA just come across as a really shitty company to work for. This latest incident with Austin Starr is just another in the long line of them were guys in TNA complain and are totally ignored. Meanwhile, Vince Russo continues to write utter garbage that the fans turn against and they try to deflect blame away from him. Perhaps TNA should be listening to the talent rather than ignoring it.

--Scheduled for Monday's Impact taping in Orlando includes Team 3-D vs. Samoa Joe & Rhino for the NWA tag titles and Gail Kim vs. Jackie Moore in a street fight. Both will be for the first hour of the taping.

Based on the dynamic of having Abyss and JJ now as faces, I think they are going to balance things out a bit and likely turn Rhyno heel, even more likely he's turn on Joe probably. Neither of them have a match lined up for Sacrifice anyway, would make sense they would start a program there, even if its just a single match and left at that.

I think they should just go ahead and turn Angle full heel while they are at it too, on a side note.

I don't see this mentioned anywhere else but TNA is doing two shows in Massachusetts at the Cape Cod Melody Tent in Hyannis on June 21st and The South Shore Music Circus on June 22nd. The WWE usually runs house shows at these venues in the summer. IIRC, they each hold about 3,000.

Good to see TNA doing more shows in the Northeast. Hopefully they can do a show in Maine (Yeah...wishful thinking on my part)

They need to come to NY, if even only for a house show. I think they would be able to pull a good crowd for a PPV as well here.

They need to come to NY, if even only for a house show. I think they would be able to pull a good crowd for a PPV as well here.

Chicago and NY are great crowds in theory. But the way TNA has been on occasion with their quick shot angles and bad match endings, they would get a REALLY bad reaction in both places. If they went all out and put on a great wrestling show with good finishes that had everything making perfect sense? Yes, I think it would play great.

I like TNA but right now, neither of those great wrestling cities work well for a TNA PPV. A house show? Sure, cause they do have a lot of well known guys who can go and the Dudleys still have a solid NY following. PPV just doesn't seem like their best of ideas unless they are going to book a very solid and sound show with no stupid unfunny comedy segments or matches.