TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

White Sox/Angels ALCS Thread

So we have the ball hitting thr ground (perhaps), but on the other hand the issue of the umpire calling out Pierzynski on the strikeout, then reversing himself after Pierzynski ran to first. Just sloppy, sloppy umpiring.

Another terrible call in the playoffs was in game 4 of the ALDS. 3-2 count to Posada, and he weakly grounds to first. The Angels think the innings over, but the home plate ump says Posada fouled the ball off his foot, when it didn't even come close. Posada then walked, and while it didn't lead to any runs, its another example of terrible umping in the playoffs.

The first Angel to K on Friday should run down to the first just for the hell of it.  Apparently you've got a 50/50 chance of being awarded first.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

This series is really calling for a bench clearing brawl now :spank:

Still, when has a catcher not thrown down to first when he didn't catch the ball? Nobody's dumb enough to toss the ball to the mound following a K like that in such a close, important game.

Even if the ball hit the ground, the ump still called the out and AJ took a step back to the dugout before he took off. Granted, the catcher should have tagged him just to be sure, but that was an absolutely horrid job of umpiring since the other umps had their thumbs up their asses. They reversed bad calls in the ALCS last year, so they can do it again.

The ESPN News recap stated the ball DID hit the ground.

So ESPN News says it hit the ground it's a fact?

I wish I could see a better replay, but it is quite possible for the catcher to trap that ball on the ground.

I agree. It looked like Paul had the webbing off the glove under the ball. One thing though, if they did have instant replay. it's unlikely the call his overturned.

I just want to point out that there's no way for the home plate umpire to see the ball clearly in Josh Paul's glove or not. Looking at it again, Paul caught it and that's my conclusion until proven otherwise. But John Kruk does have a good point about it. The umpire did not (or may have not) called Pierzynski out verbally. Pierzynski played heads-up baseball and took advantage.

Also, even without this play, it's still 50/50 that the White Sox win.

Wow, you guys must really like the Angels or something, for cripes sake. The game was tied anyway, Sox had a fresh bullpen, It might have lasted 11 innings, but SOx would have taken it anyway. They had to.

The umpires just blamed Josh for not tagging A.J.

"Since Doug did not say that the batter was out, the play continues and the ball is alive".

Sorry but no rule says a catcher has to tag the runner. It's common sense to do so, but if Paul believes Eddinger called him out than he has every right to toss the ball to the mound.

Sorry but no rule says a catcher has to tag the runner. It's common sense to do so, but if Paul believes Eddinger called him out than he has every right to toss the ball to the mound.

Paul believing it doesn't make it so. Championships have been lost on assumptions.

Wow, you guys must really like the Angels or something, for cripes sake.

I can't stand the Angels after they eliminated NY and would rather see Chicago (Contreras and El Duque mostly) win this series. This just feels like a bullshit play and a major injustice in an important game. I'd be pissed if this happened to ANY team (unless they were playing NY ;) )