TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

White Sox/Angels ALCS Thread

Between Bags/Biggio, Clemens, the horrible start, Pettite, Berkman coming back from knee surgery, the young kids like Burke coming up big in the postseason, Lidge's dominance.......there's an assload of stories with the Astros

Quite a few people don't even know about their postseason heartaches. The Astros 25 years ago took a three-run lead into the 8th inning of the final game of the NLCS, with Nolan Ryan on the hill. The Phillies scored five however and went on to win. There's the 1986 NLCS. The Astros lost seven consecutive postseason series, more than any team except the Brooklyn Dodgers.

Then there's the Larry Dierker era where they would keep making the playoffs and repeatedly get knocked out by Atlanta, although they've exorcised that demon the last two years.

I just realized too... if the Astros win the WS, Phil Garner would join Terry Francona and Bob Brenly on the "THEY have a ring?" manager list

Man, sports radio is ripping into Vladdy today

Apparently he thought he was still in Montreal, since he was absent from the playoffs

They made sure to show the bad call from the 85 series on SC, so now we'll all have a reason to pity the Cards too, should they come back and win somehow.

They made sure to show the bad call from the 85 series on SC, so now we'll all have a reason to pity the Cards too, should they come back and win somehow.

Fuck anyone who sent a letter. He made the wrong call. Doesn't excuse the Cardinals for imploding in that game and completley laying an egg in Game 7. What do you gain if St.Louis wins? An excuse to get drunk?

Kind of getting ahead of myself. How much of a benefit the White Sox have five days between games, and the winner of the NLCS 1 or 2 days? I don't think too much.

It depends on who you listen to. Some people will swear up and down that the extra rest is to their advantage. I believe that to a certain extent, especially if the NLCS goes seven. Then, they'll have rested pitchers as opposed to whomever comes out of the NL having to exhaust their rotation and bullpen to get to the World Series.

Some, on the other hand will say that after the shitkicking they gave Anaheim that they just want to keep playing. It's hard to get back on the roll they were on, these people will say.