TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iggymcfly

This week in college football: 10/27 - 10/29

Dama, that doesn't make sense at all. You hate ESPN... you rationalize the attention as being that OU and (in your admittance, USC) have been top 5 programs... so what's the problem?

Because the attention that USC gets from ESPN is nausteating. I could care less if they praise the team.

But it's to the point where they have certain analysts(like a fat outland trophy winner) that refuse to say anything bad about USC or a USC player and will go to great lengths to defend them until they're blue in the face.

They do tons of stories on USC on sportscenter and barely ever mention any other teams.

They act like the college football universe has and always will center around USC. As a matter of fact they said before the season started on the website that it was USC's world and everyone else just lived in it.

Everything they do just shows a horrible bias that they are not supposed to have. ESPN basically has no journalistic integrity when it comes to USC or college fb in general.

Yeah I was young and stupid back in 2003 agreeing with ESPN saying OU may be the greatest team ever. But to look back on it that was just horrible by ESPN to make that assumption before the season was even over(and look they were proven wrong). They do that kind of stuff all the time though.

Another instance where I can show there nauseating coverage.

During the VATech/Maryland game.

The announcer starts talking about Vince Young and how good he is. He never brought up any other players. Just talked about how good Young is. Then Herbstreit acted as if Reggie Bush's manhood was somehow called into question when he was never mentioned and jumped to poor Reggie's rescue. He was like "Yeah Young is good but Reggie Bush."

and then when the announcer tried to respond Kirk just went

"Reggie Bush, Reggie Bush, Reggie Bush."

Until the other announcer said "So you're saying #10 in burnt orange isn't good?" and then Herby was like "No but he's no Reggie Bush."

Of course he's not! They fucking play different positions!

I also find it funny that Leinart was ESPN's golden boy but once he starts having an average season(actually his season is still damn good) they're just like "Yeah he's alright BUT!" and then they find someone else's dick to suck. In this case Reggie Bush.

It's absurd the coverage they give USC and the way they refuse to say one bad word about USC and then they jump to the rescue of the team anytime it's manhood is called into question. Especially that fucker Mark May.

Oh and it's all sad because I really like Pete Caroll. He seems like a cool dude.

Because the attention that USC gets from ESPN is nausteating. I could care less if they praise the team.

But it's to the point where they have certain analysts(like a fat outland trophy winner) that refuse to say anything bad about USC or a USC player and will go to great lengths to defend them until they're blue in the face.

Mark May can lick my nuts. I think he did this with OU too, I may be wrong. Since when has his word meant anything?

They do tons of stories on USC on sportscenter and barely ever mention any other teams.

I really don't see that much USC stuff on ESPN.

Everything they do just shows a horrible bias that they are not supposed to have. ESPN basically has no journalistic integrity when it comes to USC or college fb in general.

They've never had journalistic integrity when it comes to anything. This shouldn't surprise you.

But to look back on it that was just horrible by ESPN to make that assumption before the season was even over.

I agree with this.

Another instance where I can show there nauseating coverage.

During the VATech/Maryland game.

The announcer starts talking about Vince Young and how good he is. He never brought up any other players. Just talked about how good Young is. Then Herbstreit acted as if Reggie Bush's manhood was somehow called into question when he was never mentioned and jumped to poor Reggie's rescue. He was like "Yeah Young is good but Reggie Bush."

and then when the announcer tried to respond Kirk just went

"Reggie Bush, Reggie Bush, Reggie Bush."

Until the other announcer said "So you're saying #10 in burnt orange isn't good?" and then Herby was like "No but he's no Reggie Bush."

Of course he's not! They fucking play different positions!

I also find it funny that Leinart was ESPN's golden boy but once he starts having an average season(actually his season is still damn good) they're just like "Yeah he's alright BUT!" and then they find someone else's dick to suck. In this case Reggie Bush.

They did this with Jason White. They would have done it with Peterson this year if OU was any good.

Oh and it's all sad because I really like Pete Caroll. He seems like a cool dude.

He is a great guy. I've never met anyone associated with sports that is more down to earth than he is. He'll sit down and eat lunch with you just as if you were one of his best friends. His persona is not an act.

Their job is to sell you on the games. The only way to do that is to sell you on their players. Embellishment comes with the territory. ESPN is owned by Walt fucking Disney who also owns ABC, which happens to broadcast football games, which needs YOUR viewership. They're basically the salesmen of sporting events.

They did it with Jason White? ESPN hated Jason White after he got bombed out in the Big XII title game.

Yeah they would probably do it with Peterson this year because they did it with him last year and my stomach would turn.

But you don't have to worry about that because OU decided to kill Adrian Peterson and he's been sidelined since the 4th game of the season with an injury so he's drifted to the back of ESPN's mind.

But if he were to come back from that injury and run for 200 then ESPN would be on his nuts again.

He rushed for like 63 against TCU and ESPN was on his case. Then he goes over 200 against Tulsa and they're all over his nuts.

They did it with Jason White? ESPN hated Jason White after he got bombed out in the Big XII title game.

I meant before the Big XII title game. If USC loses, I fully expect ESPN to do that with Leinart.

You mean a team with 2 straight national titles, 30 straight wins, the reigning heisman winner and arguably the 2 best players in college football gets a lot of media attention? Color me fucking shocked.

They arent "overdoing" it anymore than they overdue coverage of Notre Dame, or of the world champion of any other sport. ESPN runs stories about the top team in every sport, because that's generally who people want to hear about.

As far as Mark May goes, he defends USC so much because he kept calling them a fluke last year, and picked them to lose like 2 or 3 games, and after the thrashing of OU he said they proved him wrong and he'll be on the bandwagon until they lose.

Porter:

You are so clever. I don't know how you thought up this brilliant parody of Dama. You win the Pulitzer for comedic contribution to a message board.

Now will you please just go away?

Anyone else watching the Tech/BC game?

I've been watching it since the beginning; it's been very entertaining so far. The Tech fullback just did a sick hurdle over a BC corner to get to a first down.

Okay, there's waaaaaay too much Oklahoma in this thread.

Yeah well they haven't been a factor in college fb this year so you're right. But this is the first time since like 1961 that OU and Nebraska aren't ranked when playing each other.