TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Niggardly King

Eugene Breaks Character

They should have had Angle suplex him numerous times then have him develop multiple personalities with Eugen as the face and Dinsmore as the wrestling machine.

They need to pull a David Cross on Just Shoot Me with Eugene. Have it turn out that he's been pretending to be mentally handicapped his entire life just to get special treatment. Eventually, as he gets found-out, it'd make for a neat little heel turn.

That's beautiful. Perfect payoff.

Never gonna happen.

Well it was just at a house show, and right at ringside so I doubt many of the crowd saw/heard (unless they have a big screen or something)

I doubt he'll be severely punished if at all.

Maybe he won't, but this is the promotion that is supposedly considering firing, or at least supposedly has great heat on, Kid Kash, for not being in a suit and tie at five in the morning in a fucking airport terminal.

So who the hell knows.

You guys are forgetting that Eugene was insanely popular for a while.

The Eugene gimmick had a short half-life, which the WWE made considerably shorter by pushing him down everyone's throats. That wasn't so much HHH deliberately screwing with Dinsmore's career as it was him totally leeching off his heat.

If JBL isn't going to get fired for doing Nazi gestures in Germany, Dinsmore's safe.

If Matt Hardy got fired because his ex-wife was a whore, Dinsmore's not safe.

Matt and Lita were never married.

And Matt was fired for being unprofessional and giving the entire world via the Internet the details on backstage matters.

I desperately await the interview on Raw where Eugene reveals to Todd Grisham that he's just a kid from Indiana looking to have some fun, and then starts wearing boxer shorts as ring attire.

Shit, I just remembered he was from Indiana. They would have the only wrestler from my homestate playing a retard, those fuckers.

This idea just popped into my head. Eugene should go along that route, and say he faked it so he can get sympathy, and get a spot on RAW. He is only gonna be himself, and not care about anyone else. Who else on RAW is like that right now? Gregory Helms aka THE HURRICANE. He dropped his silly hero gimmick, and Eugene drops his retard gimmick. Sounds like a plan to me.

They need to pull a David Cross on Just Shoot Me with Eugene. Have it turn out that he's been pretending to be mentally handicapped his entire life just to get special treatment. Eventually, as he gets found-out, it'd make for a neat little heel turn.

I would mark for that, especially if when he gets caught he starts singing "Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot pie!"

Guest JMA
This idea just popped into my head. Eugene should go along that route, and say he faked it so he can get sympathy, and get a spot on RAW. He is only gonna be himself, and not care about anyone else. Who else on RAW is like that right now? Gregory Helms aka THE HURRICANE. He dropped his silly hero gimmick, and Eugene drops his retard gimmick. Sounds like a plan to me.

A Helms/Dinsmore team? That might work.

Eugenes probably going to stay the same. I imagine everytime a new legend signs a deal they'll put him on tv to pop the crowd for a night. Most likely Eugene will be working some sorta skit with them.

I desperately await the interview on Raw where Eugene reveals to Todd Grisham that he's just a kid from Indiana looking to have some fun, and then starts wearing boxer shorts as ring attire.

:D Line of the thread right there. And perhaps he can bring "his mom-bischoffs sister" and reveal she is his girlfriend, who pretends that hes beating her for attention

I'd like to see him get the good ol' pink slip; go to TNA; come to the ring with the Eugene gimmick; then get on the mic and rip the WWE to shreds for the stupid shit they made him do, while ripping his Eugene attire off.

I'd like to see him get the good ol' pink slip; go to TNA; come to the ring with the Eugene gimmick; then get on the mic and rip the WWE to shreds for the stupid shit they made him do, while ripping his Eugene attire off.

It's partially his fault since he let them know that he could do a pretty good job of acting mentally handicapped.

Once again I will like to remind everyone who seems to think WWE gave Dinsmore the gimmick: Eugene... WAS... Nick Dinsmore's... I-D-E-A. Now try to read that statement again. It was his idea. Got it? Let's repeat again: IT WAS HIS IDEA. Ok. Good. He only brought it on himself. Yes, granted he wouldn't have gotten called up as "soon" as he was if he didn't suggest the idea, but nevertheless he did suggest it.

the gimmick itself wasn't a horrible idea and he pulled it off quite well, it was the direction they went with it: burial by HHH, overexposure, etc. etc...it kinda reminded me of the Mankind gimmick, it seemed silly at first but got to be quite legendary after awhile...of course, Mankind was booked so well initially that Foley had no problems taking off with that gimmick...

If you mean the deranged Mankind, they simply did an interview with J.R. that Foley was speaking as himself BUT as Mankind. It pretty much led to a "humanization" change in the gimmick into the lovable goof that he is.

Edit: While EdwardKnox beat me to it, my explanation was better. :P

Once again I will like to remind everyone who seems to think WWE gave Dinsmore the gimmick: Eugene... WAS... Nick Dinsmore's... I-D-E-A. Now try to read that statement again. It was his idea. Got it? Let's repeat again: IT WAS HIS IDEA. Ok. Good. He only brought it on himself. Yes, granted he wouldn't have gotten called up as "soon" as he was if he didn't suggest the idea, but nevertheless he did suggest it.

Hey look everyone, Porter is trying to act all smart and smug!!

Just because the gimmick was Dinsmore's idea, doesn't make it any less stupid that WWE did it.

Hey look everyone, Porter is smart!!

Just because the gimmick was Dinsmore's idea, doesn't make it any less stupid that WWE did it.

That's more accurate.

Did this all of sudden turn into Hardcore Discussion? Damn, man.

Also I'm shocked that you are not acknowledging the veritability of my statements in regards to Nick Dinsmore. I guess it's easier to go "BOO WWE! YAY NICK DINSMORE!" Hatin' WWE is so cool that you have to find fictionalized reasons to hate them for. They fuck up enough on their own without you guys piling on false reasons to do so. But hey, LOOK ITS FUNNY TO RIP ON ME! Continue, guys.

No, not really.

You made a post that made you come off like a moron.

I could go to WWE and say my gimmick is an idea where I beat every wrestler in 12 seconds and win the title. That doesn't mean they automatically give it to me.

I also doubt it was Dinsmore's idea to have him made to be HHH's bitch and then come back right after that cage beatdown, when it was obvious his character was dead.

Well be realistic. Would they give such a mega push to a guy coming out of OVW such as your "example"? No. They will however accept a retard gimmick. That's who the WWE are. Dinsmore knew this. He played to their mentality when tossing that idea out. Hence the blame falls on his shoulders just as much as it does the WWE's. And if you're trying to say Eugene should have beat TRIPLE H, the man they're pushing as GOD.... you're fucking insane... and the moron.

Well be realistic. Would they give such a mega push to a guy coming out of OVW such as your "example"? No. They will however accept a retard gimmick. That's who the WWE are. Dinsmore knew this. He played to their mentality when tossing that idea out. Hence the blame falls on his shoulders just as much as it does the WWE's.

I still don't blame Dinsmore that much, since in the end it all stops at Vince. He's the one who okayed it and thus I think the majority of the blame falls on him.

And if you're trying to say Eugene should have beat TRIPLE H, the man they're pushing as GOD.... you're fucking insane... and the moron.

Given the way the feud was booked, Eugene should've win at Summerslam.

He is a retard. You know HHH wouldn't allow that. I know in a perfect world what you guys are saying is right. However it's WWE we're talking about here. All I am saying is, as far as the IDEA is concerned, that is Dinsmore's fault. WWE wouldn't have given it to him if he didn't suggest it. Yes he'd have languished in OVW, but at least it would be in a respectable role. He wanted to be promoted, saw how the WWE thinks, and came up with the gimmick. You also have to remember he was willing to play DOINK, just for a shot on the main roster. That's how badly he wanted to be promoted. Yes, the WWE didn't have to agree to it, and this part of the equation I do blame WWE, but to COMPLETELY absolve Dinsmore of the blame? You guys might do that, but I won't. Eugene should have won at Summerslam, but then where does that leave HHH? Remember the very next month HHH was fucking around with Orton over the title. It is not a good business move to have him job to a retard then go for the title. However I'm tired. So I'll just concede.