TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cdub112

Christian Quits the WWE

Guest *KNK*

I say with the lowered expectations for Genesis, This sunday could be a home run for TNA because Reso's promo should be gold and they'll likely deliver with the EX match and There seems to be less filler this time.

I don't think its so much lowered expectations as much as there is no hype. Christian brings that hype. Here's a guy who wasn't fired from the WWE. Here's a guy that everyone and their mother knew was better than the WWE was letting him be. A guy who was clearly being held back. And he *chose* to come to TNA. Not because of the money, cause lord knows there was more of it in the WWE. But for the chance to be who everyone thinks he can be, and maybe more. What Christian has to say about the WWE, about TNA, and about himself... it's something that a lot of people want to hear.

What Christian has to say about the WWE, about TNA, and about himself... it's something that a lot of people want to hear.

I expect that to happen at the iMPACT following Genesis though, along with him explaining whatever actions he takes at said PPV. Not the night of the PPV.

Not only does Christian have something to say...he has the skill and charisma to actually deliver it the way it needs to be delivered, he can draw the audience in and make what he says come off as authentic...TNA doesn't really seem to have that type of microphone-capable worker up till now, and it's something that to me gives them some authenticity with the casual fan...

It all depends on how they introduce him. Do we get a big introduction via Mike Tenay in the middle of the ring with Christian coming out, taking the mic, and going on from there? Or do we get a run-in and more direct action? Or both. I think an initial promo stating why he's in TNA, aka The Superstar Steve Austin promo, and then the follow up action against a TNA wrestler, during the PPV is pretty likely. Then you have a promo on IMPACT explaining why he attacked that wrestler.

Not only does Christian have something to say...he has the skill and charisma to actually  deliver it the way it needs to be delivered, he can draw the audience in and make what he says come off as authentic...TNA doesn't really seem to have that type of microphone-capable worker up till now, and it's something that to me gives them some authenticity with the casual fan...

Plus, Christian is a cool character. A lot of wrestling dorks emulate him. TNA, as exciting as a lot think it is, isn't necessarily a cool place to be. There is a lot of southern twang on the show. Christian brings a New York City/Hollywood/Blue State sensibility to it. The guy could be a superstar, and TNA really needs one of those.

Agreed. I wasn't seriously looking into getting this PPV but now I might want to see it. Well, that and to see the brutal Sabu/Abyss brawl that should be amusing.

I think an initial promo stating why he's in TNA, aka The Superstar Steve Austin promo, and then the follow up action against a TNA wrestler, during the PPV is pretty likely.  Then you have a promo on IMPACT explaining why he attacked that wrestler.

I actually think that would be a great idea, and they should do it just like Austin's ECW debut (I mean his live debut, not the backstage promo he did where he dressed like Hogan). He should come down before the Hardy/Brown match and cut a promo running them both down. Then, after Brown wins (because really, there's no way Hardy is winning) Christian should attack Hardy. That would set up a Hardy/Christian match for the next PPV which would draw interest from any casual TNA viewers because of their past history in WWE.

Word is that he will probably still be able to use the name "Christian" b/c he used it before going to the E.

If that's the case, why can't the Dudleyz use their name? Is it b/c the E bought out ECW?

Actually, I don't think ECW tademarked any of their wrestlers' names. Vince is able to lay claim to the Dudley name by calling it ECW intellectual property but that doesn't make sense either since if it was ECW property, how were they allowed to use it when the entered WWF in '99?

Another factor in all of this is even if the Dudleys have a case, they may not have the resources i.e. money to fight WWE in court, which can get expensive. WWE does things like drag out time so you end up spending money hand over fist in legal fees fighting them. If you actually do come close to beating them, they will look to settle.

Another factor in all of this is even if the Dudleys have a case, they may not have the resources i.e. money to fight WWE in court, which can get expensive. WWE does things like drag out time so you end up spending money hand over fist in legal fees fighting them. If you actually do come close to beating them, they will look to settle.

Most of the situations like this, the wrestlers would wind up winning, but WWE can cause it become so costly that it ends up not worth trying the case.

Guest *KNK*

Most of the situations like this, the wrestlers would wind up winning, but WWE can cause it become so costly that it ends up not worth trying the case.

and it's not like keeping the Dudley Boyz name would allow them to really break even on trying the case. I personally think Team 3D is fine enough and The Dudley Boyz name wasn't that important to get back.

Also, They should not have listened to Paul Heyman in the first place.

Guest Reservoir_Kitty

Yay! I was hoping Christian would jump ship to TNA and (hopefully) be a little bit more important to them than he was with the WWE. I wonder if Chris Benoit will follow him after the 'E lowballed him on his contract? That'd be fairly exciting as well.

If I wasn't already getting the UFC PPV, I'd probably be shelling out the money to see Christian's TNA debut. <3