TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA FAQ

Guest AndrewisyourHero
So during TUF it wouldn't have been a contest if those guys tried to fight Chuck or Randy?

What about this point in all of their careers? Still no chance?

Chuck beat Jeremy Horn, who's a good fighter, to say nothing of his role at MFS, so badly his eyes swelled shut. I think that should answer any questions about messing with him.

So during TUF it wouldn't have been a contest if those guys tried to fight Chuck or Randy?

What about this point in all of their careers? Still no chance?

Chuck beat Jeremy Horn, who's a good fighter, to say nothing of his role at MFS, so badly his eyes swelled shut. I think that should answer any questions about messing with him.

Well, the eye that he poked swelled shut :)

But it was just a matter of time anyways, Horn didn't really have anything for Chuck.

Me and my friends have been going to Blockbuster and renting UFC every night this week and I've finally discovered some fighters I really really like: Chuck, Randy, Evan Tanner, and Matt Hughes.

I've also discovered that I really really dislike Nick Diaz.

Dama needs to watch Nick Diaz vs Karo Parysian and then he will recant his hate.

You mean the one from the Couture/Belfort III PPV? Yeah I watched it. I just don't like the guy. He rubs me the wrong way. Just like Diego. Yeah Diego is good but something about him(and his pro wrestling promos) rub me the wrong way.

Another question.....both Chuck and Randy challenged Vanderlay Silva(or however it's said) to a title for title match after they won the LHW title...is that ever going to happen?

If Wand is not champ I'd like to see it happen. That's probably what would happen after NYE, unless he lights a fire under his ass and stops being afraid of the takedown. PRIDE still wouldn't let it happen though. The guy has been protected for years, other than his fights with Quinton of course. Think about all the great LHW that have been in PRIDE since he became champ, and think about how many of them he didn't fight.

I would pick him to lose against either Randy or Chuck, Shogun or Arona, hell, Tito again. Can't forget about BABALOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Robbie Lawler makes me laugh. Especially in the fights I've seen im lose where he's just gone for the big KO punch every time. Diaz taunting him at UFC 47 was great.

I saw UFC 54 just after it aired, and immediately became a GSP fan even though I had no clue who anyone was, and out of all the fighters on that card I had only heard of Chuck Liddell from a story in a Samoa Joe/CM Punk shoot interview. Its fair to say that I've watched way, way more UFC in the last two months than wrestling.

I think markness filled my mind when I saw Liddell beat Horn at 54, so much so that I became a fan of the guy for life. I'm a mark for him. I don't care.

I dislike Tito, perhaps because I was always a Shamrock mark in high school when he was wrestling. I just bought one of Shamrock's books, Beyond the Lion's Den, which was fairly cool. UFC 40 was the second show I ever saw, and it once again greatly impressed me.

That FSN special posted here made me watch Rich Franklin a whole lot more, and now I'm interested to know his path to the belt. I haven't seen much of Matt Hughes as yet, but what I have seen has been very impressive, and anyone that can come out to 'A Country Boy Can Survive' is alright by me. Plus, that Miletich fighting team is badass. Hughes, Horn and Sylvia? Fuck me thats strong.

In your humble opinions, what will they book first, Hughes-GSP, or Hughes-Penn? Considering the hype that Penn got at UFC 56, I'd say they'd be best served to run a Franklin defense at UFC 58 along with GSP-Penn, with the winner fighting Hughes at UFC 60 for the belt in a co-main with Arlovski-Mir, providing he wins at 57 of course.

With Hughes, GSP, Penn, Trigg and Sherk, they need to start building the Welterweight division up huge, like giving it Main Event slots. There are going to be some awesome fights coming up in the next few events, I think Dana White needs to show some faith in the drawing power of the division and start to build these guys like he has done with the Light Heavyweights.

Also, where do they go after Liddell-Couture III? Who would fight the winner? The Light Heavyweight division, looking at UFC.tv, looks pretty weak apart from those two guys. Shamrock and Ortiz will be doing TUF3, Couture beat Van Arsdale at 54, and Forrest Griffin is probably another couple PPV victories away from a title match. I don't know the quality of fighters very well, obviously, but who is there?

Edited by Nice Guy Adam

In your humble opinions, what will they book first, Hughes-GSP, or Hughes-Penn? Considering the hype that Penn got at UFC 56, I'd say they'd be best served to run a Franklin defense at UFC 58 along with GSP-Penn, with the winner fighting Hughes at UFC 60 for the belt in a co-main with Arlovski-Mir, providing he wins at 57 of course.

My guess would be that they do the Hughes-Karo fight as previously planned, with a number one contender match between GSP and Penn on the same card. Either vs Hughes would be a money rematch, and if Karo were to beat Hughes then his stock goes way up as well.

With Hughes, GSP, Penn, Trigg and Sherk, they need to start building the Welterweight division up huge, like giving it Main Event slots. There are going to be some awesome fights coming up in the next few events, I think Dana White needs to show some faith in the drawing power of the division and start to build these guys like he has done with the Light Heavyweights.

Probably the best way to do it would be to go back to the old tournament format or the PFC/Bushido format. I think that they'd have enough quality WWs to do it.

Also, where do they go after Liddell-Couture III? Who would fight the winner? The Light Heavyweight division, looking at UFC.tv, looks pretty weak apart from those two guys. Shamrock and Ortiz will be doing TUF3, Couture beat Van Arsdale at 54, and Forrest Griffin is probably another couple PPV victories away from a title match. I don't know the quality of fighters very well, obviously, but who is there?

The idea is that Shamrock and Ortiz will fight to see who faces Liddell. But they need to build up their LHWs a bit more. Rashad Evans is likely dropping down, so combined with Griffen and Bonnar, they've got three guys that they should be trying to develop into contenders. However I think that they're gonna have to look outside the UFC to get some viable contenders in the interm. I'd love to see Rampage in the octagon, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

No.

It's one huge tease that will never get delivered because both sides have their own interests to protect.

Actually PRIDE have tried to negotiate with UFC about an annual world championship fight card, with each weight classes best fighters or champions fighting against one another, however UFC has declined doing so insisting they want to build their American fanbase more before participating in anything like that.

With Chuck Liddell vs Wanderlei Silva, Dana was hoping for that to occur and put up 250Gs for Chuck to beat Silva if they met in the first MW GP final. "Rampage" Jackson beat Liddell in the tournament by TKO so the fight never happened and Silva went on to win the GP title.

With Randy Couture vs Wanderlei Silva, a lot of people expected it to happen if Randy had defeated Chuck the second time but it was not to be and with Liddell's win opening up many possibilities for the UFC the fight doesn't look like it will happen any time soon. Maybe in 2007 if both Silva and Liddell are still champs however with Arona ready to face Silva for his PRIDE MW belt, things look grim for a MW UFC vs PRIDE championship fight.