TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cawthon777

Just Watched the Bret Hart DVD

No commentary for the Million Dollar Man match......that fucking sucks. It will be horrible watching a match with no commentary. There are thousands of great bret matches, pick one where you can have commentary. Same goes for the Bam Bam match, I do not speak spanish, and do not want spanish commentary. What dumbasses.

Guest Rrrsh

Even with English Commernatry, I can't think of why the Bam Bam match is in there. So, I am extra cxonfused if they had to use the Spanish Commentary.

And saying HiaC was a glorified squash shows how little you know about wrestling.

Disagreed about the overrated analysis. The match played up to each guy's strengthes (Shawn being a pinball and Taker beating people up). It was so Shawn couldn't escape from him, which negated Shawn from using DX, which had been his stradegy as a heel up until that point. It totally made sense that the match was one sided.

I admittingly haven't seen the ONO match lately, but I don't remember really being blown out of the water by it. Maybe I'll give it a second viewing tonight...I'm positive I have the tape somewhere.

I watched both Ground Zero and Bad Blood main events today. GZ is a total clusterfuck, with overbooked nonsense, no wrestling and little if any psychology. BB is mostly Undertaker beating Shawn up, which he does do well, but that all gets negated when Shawn does his usual deal of no-selling everything when he kips up. Once he kips up, it’s like nothing happened because none of the last fifteen or twenty minutes gets sold a lick. The one thing both matches have is Shawn’s usual stupid bumps that are more pratfall bumps than credible bumps, and the GZ match saw a forerunner of Shawn’s bump from the Hogan match where he gets his head rammed into the turnbuckle and did a rolling senton, but the earlier version just saw Shawn fly off and fall on his face. Even the table bump from Shawn in BB only gets sold for a couple of minutes before Shawn's upright and walking.

None of these matches are great, or even good, and are definitely nowhere close to being great.

Both the Ground Zero and Bad Blood matches are terrific, specially the HIAC, which Meltzer gave ***** if I'm not mistaken, a rarity from him. Bret vs Taker at ONO doesn't even come close to the greatness of HIAC #1.

Back on topic, the main feature on Bret's DVD sounds great, although I'm still a bit disappointed on the match listing. I still can't believe Bret said his match vs. Owen from the Winter Combat tape is his best match against his brother.

Guest *KNK*
Both the Ground Zero and Bad Blood matches are terrific, specially the HIAC, which Meltzer gave ***** if I'm not mistaken, a rarity from him. Bret vs Taker at ONO doesn't even come close to the greatness of HIAC #1.

Back on topic, the main feature on Bret's DVD sounds great, although I'm still a bit disappointed on the match listing. I still can't believe Bret said his match vs. Owen from the Winter Combat tape is his best match against his brother.

I think Bret's a better authority on what was a better match with Owen then you are. Especially considering you actually put HIAC over ONO which is a complete joke.

I think Bret's a better authority on what was a better match with Owen then you are.

Then all of you have to agree with me that Bret/Shawn ironman is one of Bret's best matches ever.

No commentary for the Million Dollar Man match......that fucking sucks.  It will be horrible watching a match with no commentary.  There are thousands of great bret matches, pick one where you can have commentary.  Same goes for the Bam Bam match, I do not speak spanish, and do not want spanish commentary.  What dumbasses.

I agree, I mean that probably won't keep me from buying it, but couldn't they have just thrown in Cole & Tazz or Josh Matthews & someone else? 16 minutes of silence is weird, and in my opinion does make those matches less desirable to watch.

Guest *KNK*
No commentary for the Million Dollar Man match......that fucking sucks.  It will be horrible watching a match with no commentary.  There are thousands of great bret matches, pick one where you can have commentary.  Same goes for the Bam Bam match, I do not speak spanish, and do not want spanish commentary.  What dumbasses.

I agree, I mean that probably won't keep me from buying it, but couldn't they have just thrown in Cole & Tazz or Josh Matthews & someone else? 16 minutes of silence is weird, and in my opinion does make those matches less desirable to watch.

not at all, examples like Joe/Kobashi are excellent examples of matches not needing commentary. Of course to even compare Dibiase/Hart to Kobashi/Joe is a horrible comparison but a match doesnt always need commentary.

I think Bret's a better authority on what was a better match with Owen then you are.

Then all of you have to agree with me that Bret/Shawn ironman is one of Bret's best matches ever.

Exactly. When Bret says his IronMan match with Michaels is probably his best ever all the smarks go into an uproar, "I want what Bret's smoking", they say. So I can't disagree with him about his Owen matches?

Anyone got a heads up on where is the cheapest place to buy this when it comes out tomorrow?

If you can order online there's no doubt deepdiscountdvd.com is the cheapest you can order from. If you're gonna try some retailer chain I suggest you go to Best Buy tomorrow and no later than that. I bought Taker's DVD set there on the day of release and it went for something like $17, but I do believe it was just for that release day, although I could be wrong. Anyway, if you have one near you try Best Buy.

Guest *KNK*

I have it sitting right on my shelf directly in front of me. I don't know when I'll watch it again...

I watched HH97 this afternoon and that was okay but I don't know about watching the feature.

I'll get the Bret DVD in between classes, Hopefully that can get me out of the sadness.

Disagreed about the overrated analysis. The match played up to each guy's strengthes (Shawn being a pinball and Taker beating people up). It was so Shawn couldn't escape from him, which negated Shawn from using DX, which had been his stradegy as a heel up until that point. It totally made sense that the match was one sided.

I admittingly haven't seen the ONO match lately, but I don't remember really being blown out of the water by it. Maybe I'll give it a second viewing tonight...I'm positive I have the tape somewhere.

I watched both Ground Zero and Bad Blood main events today. GZ is a total clusterfuck, with overbooked nonsense, no wrestling and little if any psychology. BB is mostly Undertaker beating Shawn up, which he does do well, but that all gets negated when Shawn does his usual deal of no-selling everything when he kips up. Once he kips up, it’s like nothing happened because none of the last fifteen or twenty minutes gets sold a lick. The one thing both matches have is Shawn’s usual stupid bumps that are more pratfall bumps than credible bumps, and the GZ match saw a forerunner of Shawn’s bump from the Hogan match where he gets his head rammed into the turnbuckle and did a rolling senton, but the earlier version just saw Shawn fly off and fall on his face. Even the table bump from Shawn in BB only gets sold for a couple of minutes before Shawn's upright and walking.

None of these matches are great, or even good, and are definitely nowhere close to being great.

While I agree with your take on the Hogan/HBK match from Summerslam about HBK's over bumping ans trying to show up Hogan, I disagree about the HiaC match. Outside of the bumps he took of the turnbuckles, there was nothing over-the-top in the match in terms of his selling of moves or spots. The match was exactly how it should have been. It was built as a blood feud with the smaller cocky heel drawing first blood and escaping his bigger and very pissed off opponent. Taker murdered Shawn for the first portion of the match. HBK made a comeback, selling the somewhat random beating he took the whole time. Shawn's kip up in this match is no different from Eddy's dancing comeback during the Eddy/JBL match after Eddy had lost about 6 gallons of blood. Wrestlers get beat up and then make comebacks, if not then it would be a total squash match. HBK took over, tried everything he could to beat Taker and could not, so he came up with a plan to run away. The plan didn't work, as Taker caught him and rammed him into the cage. Shawn then tried to climb the cage to get away from him, that didn't work either. The basic story of the match is that you have a big guy who wants to kill his smaller opponent because he cost him the WWF title and then busted him open with a chair. This was Shawn's day of reckoning with Taker.

Then came the bump through the table. Taker picks him up and hip tosses him onto another table and then slams him onto the broken table that HBK had just fallen through. I seem to recall that by this point Shawn could barely walk for the rest of the match. He won after Kane debuted, all the while Shawn was laying flat on the mat and was just barely able to drape an arm on Taker for the pin. Then HHH and Chyna dragged Shawn to the back, with HHH raising Shawn's arm because he couldn't do so on his own. But, there was no selling in the match and it was just pratfalls, I suppose.

Shawn's bumping and selling of Takers punches and kicks put Taker over as a monster. Shawn making a comeback and throwing all his offensive weapons, including his finisher at Taker only to have Taker sit up, put Taker over as a monster. Shawn only being able to win because Kane showed up and Tombstoned Taker, didn't exactly make HBK look like a giant killer and didn't make Taker look bad.

To read what you wrote one would think that the match was just Shawn getting beat up before no selling everything, pinning Taker clean and dancing to the back after the match. Try watching the match with an open mind.

Guest *KNK*
I actually did watch both matches with an open mind. But thanks for not considering that a possibility.

Your welcome.

You could try responding to the post rather than one line of it.

He already reviewed and disected the two matches. You didn't offer anything that needed a rebutal.

You like Shawn, that's great. Go with what you like but it's not as good as the hype it has around it. It's an great and entertaining match but that doesn't make it as good as you want to pretend it is.

I still can't believe Bret said his match vs. Owen from the Winter Combat tape is his best match against his brother.

Little correction: The match was not from the Winter Combat CHV. It was from the first episode of "Action Zone".

Guest bigm350
Anyone know if Targets sells Wrestling DVD's?

I've never seen any wrestling dvd's in any of the Target's here in Michigan. I don't know about any other states.