TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Damaramu

Will WWE end.......

I know he wrestles on SD! as Chavo Guerrerro but will WWE drop this Kerwin White BS now? Will he go back to being Chavo Guerrerro now as a tribute? I sure hope that this happens because it'd be fitting to let him return to being Chavo and using his families name.

Yeah, I think this is the end of Kerwin White. IT NEEDS to happen. Having Chavo like that is an INSULT to the family name.

Chavo should win the IC title at the Royal Rumble in the honor of Eddie. I thought about him winning the Rumble (finally using that anyone can win it tag) and then losing the title shot in a hard fought match on PPV that puts him over but that one has no chance in hell of happening.

Chavo deserves a major title (not the big ones, I'd never say that). Not because Eddie died, but because he is insanly talented and deserved one a long time ago. And no, that cruiser belt doesn't count.

Guest Leelee

Yeah, have to put him back to Chavo now.

But, I didn't see him as Kerwin White as being offensive (the stuff with Shelton was though). I take it a sign of faith that they wanted to break him away from being the 2nd Guerrero.

Anyone think that the crowd will be behind him strongly by March or April?

It depends on the WWE. If they treat him seriously and push him seriously, then yes. But if they have him lose stupid matches and just halt any momentum he gets? No chance.

It depends on the writers. He was getting the Kerwin gimmick over. If that doesn't prove talent, I don't know what does.

He could really make his career a tribute. Chavo doing all the little funny cheats like Eddy would be nice to see. Tossing chairs at people then falling down like he just got hit, etc. Plus he could go far with it.

Guest Ransome
He could really make his career a tribute. Chavo doing all the little funny cheats like Eddy would be nice to see. Tossing chairs at people then falling down like he just got hit, etc. Plus he could go far with it.

I don't know about this. I'd like Chavo to carry on Eddie's legacy, but getting him to imitate all of Eddie's distinctive mannerisms reminds me too much of Vertigo. Besides, I think Chavo is talented enough to get over on his own merits anyway. I could see him dedicating his career to Eddie, though (kinda like Eddie in ECW devoting his career to Art Barr)

I doubt anyone will shed a tear if Kerwin White dissapears forever, the fans will want to get right behind Chavo now. Give him a strong push and combine Chavo's considerable talents with a few little tributes to Eddy, not too much but play up the cheating, use the Three Amigos regularly, stuff like that, and Chavo can be one of the most popular guys they have immediately, let alone in a few months.

I won't say much to this...

but they've got the potential to make a new upper mid-carder instantly. Just a matter if they do or not.

And looking from Smackdown's tapings, they are going in that direction.

If Chavo goes back to being Chavo full time...

would you people rather him back with the WCW "LWo theme", or his more recent "Ooooh, Chavo!" theme?

How about "Latino Heat"...the one he used with Eddie as a tag team when they were still heels...Eddie's first WWE theme I believe...

would you people rather him back with the WCW "LWo theme", or his more recent "Ooooh, Chavo!" theme?

How about "Latino Heat"...the one he used with Eddie as a tag team when they were still heels...Eddie's first WWE theme I believe...

Second if you count the Radicalz theme, but yeah. That could work too.

Something I always wondered...how come they gave Eddie the major accent in WWE, but never Chavo?

Guest Samantha

Second if you count the Radicalz theme, but yeah. That could work too.

Something I always wondered...how come they gave Eddie the major accent in WWE, but never Chavo?

I always thought Eddy had more of an accent than Chavo anyway?

Eddie just looks more...Mexican? That might be the reason for the accent. With the sleazy mullet and all that Eddie looked like he stepped right out of the barrio, whereas Chavo with his short hair and more conservative look could be more "American" (even before the Kerwin crap).

And yes, they obviously have to get rid of the Kerwin angle now.

I would have no problem with Chavo having the IC or US titles, he deserves that spot anyways and has for a few years, IMO.

Re: accent

Eddie was wrestling for over a decade in Mexico before breaking big in the States, so he spent most of his time going between El Paso, TX and Mexico. Mexican family, Mexico's his primary workplace...he's going to have a thicker Mexican accent. Chavo, I do believe, only worked a few years in Mexico despite being of the same family (IIRC, he was only wrestling for 3 or 4 years, if even, when he broke into WCW in 1998), so it makes sense for Chavo to have less of an accent than Eddie did.

Also, throw in my vote for the old-school WCW/LWO theme. I LOVED that theme. So contradicting to normal entrance themes as it was slow, "chill" music, but it fit so well because of how slow Eddie's entrance was (he'd calmly stalk to the ring, I mean).

Also, a Chavo/Benoit Tribute match is probably in order. I have little doubt that should Chavo request a tribute match he'd pick Benoit, seeing as how Chris was Eddie's best friend, and Chavo has to know how great of a match could come out of it.

The theme by Santana was the best one.